Did your Best Friend DIE LATELY? Do some Family Members Eat Canned MEATS? If it has MEAT in it?

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
WOW? Again! YES... Sun February 18, 2018
dogfood.jpg

A drug used to euthanize animals has been found in canned dog food, prompting a recall.

Low levels of the drug pentobarbital were detected in cans of Gravy Train dog food produced by the J.M. Smucker Company, the FDA said in a statement Friday.
Pentobarbital is most commonly used as a sedative, anesthetic or to euthanize animals, it said.
"Pets that eat pet food containing pentobarbital can experience drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea, nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner) and inability to stand. Consuming high levels of pentobarbital can cause coma and death," it said.Dog food brands recalled over possible euthanasia drug - CNN

:dunno: Why does happen our pets? I would think they are getting some additives from CHINA?
And do we all really need some of our older family members? You may want to
keep a few cans available for future use. It costs a lot to put a loved one down, and the
paperwork as well. But this cost like only a Buck and a half to do the job.

Many poor family members you don't see much eat dog foods. Are these brands favored by yours that don't have a DOG?

Btw: If you are putting a loved one down.. Best to do this on all living thangs you are terminating, first.
How to Empty Your Dog’s Anal Sacs - dummies

Last edited:
I saw that report and if you own dogs it is worth looking at the entire list of foods that are affected. They are mostly el cheapo brands but kibbles and bits is on the list.
I feed my stock Hi-pro feeds and my dogs and cats get purina products, as they are produced locally, in flagstaff.
It is good to know, that once you sign up to their lists, both those companies (Hi-pro and purina) notify via email right away at any sign of problems.

dogfood.jpg

A drug used to euthanize animals has been found in canned dog food, prompting a recall.

Low levels of the drug pentobarbital were detected in cans of Gravy Train dog food produced by the J.M. Smucker Company, the FDA said in a statement Friday.
Pentobarbital is most commonly used as a sedative, anesthetic or to euthanize animals, it said.
"Pets that eat pet food containing pentobarbital can experience drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea, nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner) and inability to stand. Consuming high levels of pentobarbital can cause coma and death," it said.Dog food brands recalled over possible euthanasia drug - CNN

:dunno: Why does happen our pets? I would think they are getting some additives from CHINA?
keep a few cans available for future use. It costs a lot to put a loved one down, and the

Many poor family members you don't see much eat dog foods. Are these brands favored by yours that don't have a DOG?
Why would a drug like that be anywhere near a dog food factory? Or a food additive factory? Someone ought to look into this. I see people buying the jumbo bags of Ol' Roy all the time. Poor buggers.

• Banned
I saw that report and if you own dogs it is worth looking at the entire list of foods that are affected. They are mostly el cheapo brands but kibbles and bits is on the list.
I feed my stock Hi-pro feeds and my dogs and cats get purina products, as they are produced locally, in flagstaff.
It is good to know, that once you sign up to their lists, both those companies (Hi-pro and purina) notify via email right away at any sign of problems.

I only see four on the list? Post others. Me Dogs don't eat these.

• Banned
dogfood.jpg

Why would a drug like that be anywhere near a dog food factory? Or a food additive factory? Someone ought to look into this. I see people buying the jumbo bags of Ol' Roy all the time. Poor buggers.

They tracked this to one source. So, I'm thinking they are importing from China some additives here..

• Banned
FYI:

The withdrawn products were distributed to retailers nationwide.

The list of withdrawn products the firm provided to the FDA include:

• Gravy Train with T-Bone Flavor Chunks, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910052541
  • Gravy Train with Beef Strips, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 791052542
  • Gravy Train with Lamb & Rice Chunks, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910052543
  • Gravy Train with Chicken Chunks, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910034418
  • Gravy Train with Beef Chunks, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910034417
  • Gravy Train with Chicken Chunks, 22-ounce can, UPC 7910051645
  • Gravy Train with Beef Chunks, 22-ounce can, UPC 7910051647
  • Gravy Train Chunks in Gravy with Beef Chunks, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910034417
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits 12-can Variety Pack – Chef’s Choice American Grill Burger Dinner with Real Bacon & Cheese Bits in Gravy, Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Turkey Bacon & Vegetables in Gravy, 12 pack of 13.2-ounce cans, UPC 7910010377, 7910010378
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits 12-Can Variety Pack – Chef’s Choice Bistro Hearty Cuts with Real Beef, Chicken & Vegetables in Gravy, Chef’s Choice Homestyle Meatballs & Pasta Dinner with Real Beef in Tomato Sauce, 12 pack of 13.2-ounce cans, UPC 7910010382, 7910048367, 7910010378
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits 12-Can Variety Pack – Chef’s Choice Homestyle Tender Slices with Real Beef, Chicken & Vegetables in Gravy, Chef’s Choice American Grill Burger Dinner with Real Bacon & Cheese Bits in Gravy, Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Beef & Vegetables in Gravy, 12 pack of 13.2-ounce cans, UPC 7910010380, 7910010377, 7910010375
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Beef & Vegetables in Gravy, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910010375
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Turkey, Bacon & Vegetables in Gravy, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910010378
  • Kibbles ‘N Bits Chef’s Choice Homestyle Tender Slices with Real Beef, Chicken & Vegetables in Gravy, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910010380
  • Ol’ Roy Strips Turkey Bacon, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 8113117570
  • Skippy Premium Chunks in Gravy Chunky Stew, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 79100502469
  • Skippy Premium Chunks in Gravy with Beef, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910050250
  • Skippy Premium Strips in Gravy with Beef, 13.2-ounce can, UPC 7910050245
The FDA has become aware of reports of other products also subject to withdrawal. The FDA has requested clarification from Smuckers regarding the status of these other products.FDA Alerts Pet Owners About Potential Pentobarbital Contamination in Canned Dog Food Manufactured by The J.M. Smucker Company, Including Certain Gravy Train, Kibbles ‘N Bits, Ol’ Roy, and Skippy Products

Forum List

Back