Bloomberg News: Let Your Pets Die to Fight Inflation

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

20 Mar 2022 ~~ By Joel B. Pollack
Bloomberg News published an article last week offering tips for working Americans who are struggling with inflation — and among them is the suggestion that people allow their pets to die rather than paying for expensive medical treatments.
Among other advice, including eating lentils and beans instead of meat, Bloomberg News suggests letting sick pets pass on: “If you’re one of the many Americans who became a new pet owner during the pandemic, you might want to rethink those costly pet medical needs. It may sound harsh, but researchers actually don’t recommend pet chemotherapy — which can cost up to $10,000 — for ethical reasons.”
Other tips include:
When it comes to food, don’t be afraid to explore. Prices for animal-based food products will certainly increase. Ukraine and Russia supply a significant amount of corn and barley to the world market, mainly to feed livestock for human food. Meat prices have increased about 14% from February 2021 and will go up even more.​

Official figures showed earlier this month that prices jumped 7.9% in February, the highest rate of increase in four decades.

Commentary:
Certainly, Bloomberg will have exactly same opinion for the useless eaters of the homeless and the unwashed. That's the way incrementalism works for these ideologs.
will their next recommendation be, "Just let nature take its course when your grand-parents and parents become ill, medical treatments for old people are prohibitively expensive..."
Then, "If your children develop an illness they can't recover from on their own, then remember it's just Darwin's way of improving the human species..."
One has to wonder who the advisor for this article is? My guess is Ezekiel Emanuel another Progressive Maoist/DSA Democrat Commie Doctor death.
Isn't that the kind of thing Emanuel said over the years.

Bloomberg News published an article last week offering tips for working Americans who are struggling with inflation — and among them is the suggestion that people allow their pets to die rather than paying for expensive medical treatments.
Among other advice, including eating lentils and beans instead of meat, Bloomberg News suggests letting sick pets pass on: “If you’re one of the many Americans who became a new pet owner during the pandemic, you might want to rethink those costly pet medical needs. It may sound harsh, but researchers actually don’t recommend pet chemotherapy — which can cost up to $10,000 — for ethical reasons.”
Other tips include:
When it comes to food, don’t be afraid to explore. Prices for animal-based food products will certainly increase. Ukraine and Russia supply a significant amount of corn and barley to the world market, mainly to feed livestock for human food. Meat prices have increased about 14% from February 2021 and will go up even more.​

Official figures showed earlier this month that prices jumped 7.9% in February, the highest rate of increase in four decades.

Commentary:
Certainly, Bloomberg will have exactly same opinion for the useless eaters of the homeless and the unwashed. That's the way incrementalism works for these ideologs.
will their next recommendation be, "Just let nature take its course when your grand-parents and parents become ill, medical treatments for old people are prohibitively expensive..."
Then, "If your children develop an illness they can't recover from on their own, then remember it's just Darwin's way of improving the human species..."
One has to wonder who the advisor for this article is? My guess is Ezekiel Emanuel another Progressive Maoist/DSA Democrat Commie Doctor death.
It's like a split between logic and emotion. One of my sister's spent a fortune on a stray that should have died way before spending an absurd amount of money for the cat to die a few days later.
I would consider a passionate vets recommend on the issue over something some writer says.

Other tips include:

Commentary:

I'd be more impressed if you actually posted to the Bloomberg Article, rather than just Breitbart's summary of it.

Chemotherapy for pets is kind of wasteful, mostly because the animal can't make an informed choice to suffer.

I was thinking of cryogenically freezing them until inflation lowers.
That's a waste of good meat and energy, with the cost of energy being what it is. . .

With the price of food like it is?

Seems like the Chinese probably have some good recipes for them. . .

Other tips include:

Commentary:
I have two dogs, thankfully vet bills have been ok over the years. If the treatment was going to be thousands for something, I would have to have him/her put to sleep.

I still eat meat, the vegetarian and vegan diets are not healthy, so I would never jeopardize my long term health by omitting meat.

As for healthcare, thankfully we have the NHS, so no worries on that score.

Forum List

Back