Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" -- Jesus
After the rains came and drowned the wicked, the righteous were left to inherit the earth. It's a new beginning, in other words. Noah means new beginning.

Jesus connected this to the final new beginning, or new creation, when he would come to judge apostate Judea.

He applied the flood story to his own people. Like everyone in his day, no one ever mentioned anything on the other side of the planet. Everything had local and regional implications.

I think the flood story is really just another covenant creation story.
Why would Noah spend 120 years building an ark if the flood wasn't worldwide and killed every last human being? Besides, Jesus said it was real. Believe your own excuses or believe the eye witness

The Bible stories exaggerate everything.. That's the nature of story telling.

I don't expect more from a non-believer. Yes, you're a non-believer if you reject the clear words of your Savior

There are NO tsunamis in the Persian Gulf or the Red Sea.

The Hebrews learned these stories during the Babylonian exile and adapted them.. They are extraordinary morality tales.. but they aren't history.. If I said to you "Remember the boy who cried wolf"... you would know exactly what lesson I was speaking of, yet Aesop's Fables are not history. They were written by a Greek slave about the same time as the OT stories.. Such is the function of myth and morality tales in any culture.
I'm not here to convince you.

I believe the same Scriptures Jesus quoted.

You choose not to.

Not a wise choice on your part, but I really dont care.

The OP axed if we believe the modern faithless "scholars" or the Word of God.

I gave my choice, and I recognize you cant believe. That's your choice.

I am done here

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" -- Jesus
After the rains came and drowned the wicked, the righteous were left to inherit the earth. It's a new beginning, in other words. Noah means new beginning.

Jesus connected this to the final new beginning, or new creation, when he would come to judge apostate Judea.

He applied the flood story to his own people. Like everyone in his day, no one ever mentioned anything on the other side of the planet. Everything had local and regional implications.

Why would Noah spend 120 years building an ark if the flood wasn't worldwide and killed every last human being? Besides, Jesus said it was real. Believe your own excuses or believe the eye witness

The Bible tells the truth and demonstrates lies to be lies. There is no doubt in my mind that the FLOOD had a great impact on this planet, in ways we are still discovering but miss the association with that event.

The Bible tells the truth and demonstrates lies to be lies. There is no doubt in my mind that the FLOOD had a great impact on this planet, in ways we are still discovering but miss the association with that event.
so what? All the facts and evidence stand against what you believe. You can believe any insane thing you want. Nobody is stopping you.

Fascinating how the Chinese, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Sumerian and Peruvian civilizations made no record of being completely submerged for months. They were doing just fine immediately before and immediately after the supposed flood.

Conclusion: You have to be some special breed of stupid to believe in a global flood.

Fascinating how the Chinese, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Sumerian and Peruvian civilizations made no record of being completely submerged for months. There were doing just fine immediately before and immediately after the supposed flood.

Conclusion: You have to be some special breed of stupid to belive in a global flood.
BUT THEY ALL HAVE FLOOD STORIES

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
You believe Him or you believe what men wrote about him? Big difference

so what? All the facts and evidence stand against what you believe. You can believe any insane thing you want. Nobody is stopping you.
No, the evidence totally supports what I believe. The Bible clearly teaches that the human race is depraved. It is you who disregards the obvious.

No, the evidence totally supports what I believe. The Bible clearly teaches that the human race is depraved. It is you who disregards the obvious.

So God created us in his image and made us depraved??? LOLOL.. You sure you don't want to rethink that?

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
I don't have any position on the theology of the Flood but, unless it was a supernatural event unlike any before or since, historically there was no global flood. There is no geological evidence for it and no natural forces that could cause such a global flood.

The burckle crater on the bottom of the indian ocean under 11,000 feet of water dated to the approximate time of gilgamesh is 25 times larger than meteor crater in arizona. The impact would have instantly vaporized billions of metric tons of water into the atmosphere causing a worldwide deluge that lasted for weeks, sweeping away every village,town or city built near rivers and streams and washes, worldwide, not to mention the immediate tsunamis that would have swept away all coastal civilizations.

According to scripture the next time the earth, including the atmosphere, will be destroyed is by fire, which would be the result of a similar impact on land or a larger one on the ocean again.

This, or some other similar impact events have been presented as probable cause.
If an impact event and the object detected while still "far out there", that would explain the advance notice and construction of an "ark" to survive. Warning and blueprints provide by the "gawds" ~ ???

Most humans are born with a capacity to anticipate future events that may present as dreams.

Any more highly advanced beings visiting the earth would have been perceived as gawds by our ancestors and any sufficiently highly developed technology would have seemed to them, as well as many today, like magic.

humans have the capacity to drop nuclear weapons anywhere on earth and to warn the people in advance.

Hell, people now have the technology and means to deliberately nudge an asteroid and calculate exactly when and where it will hit on earth.

more advanced living beings from another sphere of intelligent life could have been doing this to the earth for millions of years.

So God created us in his image and made us depraved???
That's one of the few things about the Bible horseshit that is actually self-consistent and makes sense. The bible god character is an immoral, vain, craven piece of shit.

Fascinating how the Chinese, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Sumerian and Peruvian civilizations made no record of being completely submerged for months. There were doing just fine immediately before and immediately after the supposed flood.

Conclusion: You have to be some special breed of stupid to belive in a global flood.
BUT THEY ALL HAVE FLOOD STORIES

Local flood stories at different times.. and there are ancient cities that were never flooded.

There is no world wide flood footprint. Morality tales aren't lies. Do you think Aesop's Fables are lies?

Fascinating how the Chinese, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Sumerian and Peruvian civilizations made no record of being completely submerged for months. They were doing just fine immediately before and immediately after the supposed flood.

Conclusion: You have to be some special breed of stupid to believe in a global flood.
The stories all appeared after the FLOOD. "Histories" that speak of events that seem to come before the FLOOD, were fabricated to deify the ruling classes ----- particularly the monarchs, Emperors, Pharaohs, and kings... It was always handy to claim that the ruler was "god" on earth and build a "history" that supported that tradition...

There is no world wide flood footprint.
Don't waste your time with Nipples. He is going to repeat the same lies over and over, no matter how many times you debunk them or how much effort you put into debunking them.

Remember when you tried to say people didn't take these myths literally? Well...meet Nipples. And recant what you said.

izations in that area describe a great flood event. Why? Cuz they all incidentally decided to make up the same story at the same time, or there was actually a great flood
Well that's a very "interesting" idea, since all of them would have been killed in the flood. You clearly did not think this through. Everyone who tells a tale of a great flood got it originally from the 8 people on the Ark. Else the myth is false.

You should really think your talking points through a little more before trying them out.
Yes, at least 8 people survived the flood and spread the story

Nothing gets by you does it.

There is no world wide flood footprint.
Don't waste your time with Nipples. He is going to repeat the same lies over and over, no matter how many times you debunk them or how much effort you put into debunking them.

Remember when you tried to say people didn't take these myths literally? Well...meet Nipples. And recant what you said.

How sad for him.. A story that illustrates a profound truth is not a lie ..

Yes, at least 8 people survived the flood and spread the story
No, exactly 8. Read your iron age handbook again.

So now i want you to wipe that tear away and think about what you are saying. You tried to say every ancient civilization has a flood story, therefore that supports a great flood happening. But then you also say all that info came from 8 people. Do you or do you not understand the self-contradicting absurdity of your talking point?

Forum List

Back