Islamic honor killings

By saying 'Islamic' honor killings you imply that such things are in the Koran. Are they or are these just local customs practiced in mainly Islamic countries. A subtle but important distinction since I think you'd object to a Muslim calling the lynchings that took place in the South "Christian racist killings".

What do the Hadiths say? :dunno:

So called "honor killings" are not prescribed in the Quran.
It's tribal / cultural. ... :cool:

But always in Islamic tribes and cultures, and nowhere else.

{ Ibn Taymiyya cites a hadith (narrative) by Muhammad. “There was a blind man who had a concubine through whom he had had two boys who were dear to him, and she was pregnant again. She was an unbeliever and she insulted Muhammad. Her blind husband warned her not to insult his prophet again, but she was not deterred and insulted Muhammad more. Her husband took a knife and ran her though; killing both her and the unborn child. The man reported the story to Muhammad and Muhammad simply said, ‘Bear witness, there is no blood money due for her’.” The Muslim man was not punished or even admonished for murdering his concubine. }

"Honor" killing is prescribed by the Hadiths.

By saying 'Islamic' honor killings you imply that such things are in the Koran. Are they or are these just local customs practiced in mainly Islamic countries. A subtle but important distinction since I think you'd object to a Muslim calling the lynchings that took place in the South "Christian racist killings".
Implications are not knowable by others, period.

"Islamic" just means related to Islam, nothing to do with Koran specifically. Since Egypt is mainly an Islamic country, my assumption is not unwarranted.

Muslims are bad fighters. Took three man to kill one lady. Weaklings. No wonder Israel kicks the shit out of them constantly and consistently.

Is there a practice of honor killings among non-Muslims anywhere? I do not know, just wondering.
The large number of Honor killings among Hindu's in India is generally a Caste crime in certain areas of the country. Mainly happens when a women is dating or elopes and marries a man who belongs to a different caste than her family. It's a common occurrence but generally not reported to the authorities.
Italy up until the last couple of decades, was well known for its honor killings
Central America and Brazil still have honor killings.
In the country of Brazil if a man killed his wife and then fled the scene. The police had 24 hours to apprehend him. If he evaded capture for 24 hours, he was a free man, and no charges could be brought against him. Supposedly, this law has been changed, but very few men have been prosecuted.
Parts of Asia still have honor killings.
The Balkan countries (former Yugoslavia) in southern Europe still have honor killings, although the authorities generally turn a blind eye. ... :cool:

Several years ago I had a young Hindu friend who worked in the IT dept. of a major corporation. He told me that he would really like to marry an American girl because he found them generally to be very attractive, but it would be impossible.
When I asked him why impossible?
He said that he had to marry a girl from his village who's family was members of the same caste as his family. His family would pick out the girl and make the marriage arrangements with her family. Then he would fly back to India and marry the girl.
I asked him if couldn't just marry a girl here and then tell his parents later?
The young man told me that when his father found out, he would fly to America and murder him, and then fly back to India.
The guy wasn't joking, and was deadly serious when he told me that. ... :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back