Did Russia "hack" the election? Four questions.

Okay, just for the hell of it, let's try to define what the question "Did Russia Hack the Election?" actually means.

If I have this right, I don't believe anyone is saying that Russia somehow got into voting booths or hacked into voting machines or computers or servers and changed votes from Hillary to Trump. If I'm wrong on that, if you believe that, please say so and provide whatever evidence you have.

I believe that what is being said is that the Russians "hacked" into Podesta's and other DNC people's email accounts via phishing and got oodles of seriously damning shit on the Democrats, spilled the beans, and here we are. They are saying that an unfriendly foreign power found and used a method of influencing opinions on a major party presidential candidate, and it may have made enough of a difference in a close race. That's it, unless I'm missing something.

So, four reasonable questions:
  1. Was Podesta, was the DNC, an easy mark for this activity, did they screw up? Yeah, it appears so.
  2. Did the Russians try to hack the RNC too? Entirely possible, no one can say for sure either way.
  3. Could all the shit that came out from the hacked emails been the final straw against Clinton, particularly in those rust belt states where Trump barely beat her and gained critical electoral votes? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable possibility.
  4. And finally, if Trump had been the one whose party's emails were hacked and Hillary won critical electoral states by a hair, would his supporters be screaming right now? Of course.
So what is YOUR definition of "hacking"?

Number 3:

"All the shit" was nothing. But the perception of "something" was stoked by Trump campaign and media.....and these emails were conflated with Hillary's private server emails in the minds of some voters. It is PART of the reason why Trump was able to squeak by with 100,000 more votes in three key states.

Outside of that note, your post is pretty much spot on.

BitterClingers.jpg

There are those of us who voted Trump that wouldn't be screaming if a foreign entity revealed accurate information about him.
You really don't think that, had Russia done this to the Republicans and Trump lost, that they would be complaining?
How so? The Republicans weren't the ones running a rigged campaign. The GOP wasn't paying people to go stir up shit at Hillary rallies. They weren't the ones in bed with media stacking the deck.

The party bosses didn't even want Trump so explain what revelation could have sunk his chances.

The DNC did not pay anyone to stir up shit anywhere. You bought lies....and still buy them.

Okay, just for the hell of it, let's try to define what the question "Did Russia Hack the Election?" actually means.

If I have this right, I don't believe anyone is saying that Russia somehow got into voting booths or hacked into voting machines or computers or servers and changed votes from Hillary to Trump. If I'm wrong on that, if you believe that, please say so and provide whatever evidence you have.

I believe that what is being said is that the Russians "hacked" into Podesta's and other DNC people's email accounts via phishing and got oodles of seriously damning shit on the Democrats, spilled the beans, and here we are. They are saying that an unfriendly foreign power found and used a method of influencing opinions on a major party presidential candidate, and it may have made enough of a difference in a close race. That's it, unless I'm missing something.

1. Was Podesta, was the DNC, an easy mark for this activity, did they screw up? Yeah, it appears so.
  2. Did the Russians try to hack the RNC too? Entirely possible, no one can say for sure either way.
  3. Could all the shit that came out from the hacked emails been the final straw against Clinton, particularly in those rust belt states where Trump barely beat her and gained critical electoral votes? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable possibility.
  4. And finally, if Trump had been the one whose party's emails were hacked and Hillary won critical electoral states by a hair, would his supporters be screaming right now? Of course.

Could all the shit that came out from the hacked emails been the final straw against Clinton, particularly in those rust belt states where Trump barely beat her and gained critical electoral votes? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable possibility.

probably not

her supporters are pretty hard core leftists

they did not care one bit about her dealings

the rust belters voted against obama 3rd term

Well, we have Assange saying that Russia didn't provide the material, and we have the American intelligence community saying they did.

That obviously casts doubt, but seeing Trump & Co siding with a guy like Assange against our people, yikes, that doesn't look good.
Which "American intelligence community"?

We know the "17 agencies" talking point is bullshit. Now, the only person left claiming any of this had an affect is Clapper, and he's probably playing politics.

Where did you get that idea?

Agree with most...

What intelligence is saying there was a very weak attack on RNC but very concentrated attack on DNC... The rules in hackering (from a night drinking with a white hat hacker (i.e. does penetration testing on big orgs), every system is hackable ('every bank is robbable') but it does depend on risk you are going to expose yourself to being caught.
The Russians didn't care that much and left a fairly big trail and DNC would have reasonable security. I would say DNC and RNC had very similar security.

The Russians are also guilty of running a massive misinformation campaign... Truth was there was very little in the emails that would bore most people to tears... But things like DNC rigged the primaries is plain untrue, Yes they preferred Hillary (because Sanders was effectively an independent running in the DNC primary) but is there any real proof of rigging an election... Asking questions on religion is just good vetting...
It was things like pizzagate, made up stories, they had a meme factory going on over there... They spent considerable time and effort spreading as much lies, myths, misinformation about one side and not the other... This was paid and coordinated by the Russian Government.

By letting Russia off the hook, it says to the rest of the world: We are so divided, that we will sell out our own ideal and democracy to a foreign power to get one over on fellow Americans...

That is very weak and the rest of the world will know it.

The next election will have foreign entities (Governments, factions, Corporates...) from Fascist to Anarchists pumping money into the US election. The US election will be an auction, fire sale of American interests, wealth and ideals...

There are those of us who voted Trump that wouldn't be screaming if a foreign entity revealed accurate information about him.
You really don't think that, had Russia done this to the Republicans and Trump lost, that they would be complaining?

I don't think that at all. I figured I'd worded things carefully enough to avoid giving off the impression that I was speaking for all Trump voters. My honest opinion is that most people, particularly in a presidential race, idealize the person or the party, and the ideas are all secondary. I think that Trump voters would largely have thrown around the same complaint, though I don't believe there would be nearly the same push to leverage it to overturn the vote (largely because that level of wishful idealism is largely the realm of artists and the very young, and most of them are dem voters), and insofar as they did, the media would treat it as a silly fringe movement and nothing that even warrants discussion at length. I can hear Chris Matthews now, asking some expert guest if questioning whether or not a Russian hack drove HRC's presidential bid is even a valid question, or just a misogynist dog whistle.

coupla things

1. wikileaks is not Russia
2. the truth about DNC corruption did hurt Hillary
3. Hillary was a terrible candidate and a terrible human being
4. The voters rejected: the establishment, the lying media, the lying pollsters, Hillary, Obama, and liberalism in general
5. Trump was a vote for real change, enforcement of laws, and economic sanity.

Jesus

coupla things

4. The voters rejected: the establishment, the lying media, the lying pollsters, Hillary, Obama, and liberalism in general

The voters gave the election to Clinton by almost 3 million votes.

Jesus

you are sick. seek mental help.

How so? The Republicans weren't the ones running a rigged campaign. The GOP wasn't paying people to go stir up shit at Hillary rallies. They weren't the ones in bed with media stacking the deck.

The party bosses didn't even want Trump so explain what revelation could have sunk his chances.

Tracking down the cause of violence at Trump rallies

Again more lies,

coupla things

The voters gave the election to Clinton by almost 3 million votes.

Doesn't matter. We have been down this road. She lost by the rules of the game that both candidates were completely aware of.

But, if field goals counted as 5 points, the Saints would be in the playoffs. I demand a retroactive rule change.

Jesus

you are sick. seek mental help.
I could type the alphabet and that one would go full drama queen.

Forum List

Back