CDZ Did Rhett Butler sexually assault Scarlett?

Many of my female friends have Gone With The Wind as a favorite movie.

Is this scene romantic, or is it sexual assault? Do women really want the lines redrawn concerning how men approach women?

By today's standards it would certainly be considered that. Some of James Bond's scenes as well. Times have changed a lot.

But do women want the death of the alpha male?

I don't consider a man who would rape a woman to be an alpha male. An alpha male wouldn't have to rape anyone or force himself on anyone. The women would come to him because he is appealing to them.

I've seen many attractive girls/women go for the bad boy that did take a Rhett Buttler approach.

Probably girls. Most adult women have outgrown such childish whims. :D

Some girls never grow up.

Body language. Learn to read it.

Meanwhile....ohhhh Rhett, darling? My stance says no but my eyes say yes. C'mere.
Yeah....right! Like I said...I would be in jail or dead.
And like I said...learn body language.
I read body language just fine. With some things I would not risk having a misunderstanding. Many of these sexual assaults that are in the news probably started with men that thought the girls body language said come get me.

Well, you would think that when they start trying to fight him off and tell him NO that he would take the hint? Again people! Get to know something about the person before you go and try to sex them up!

By today's standards it would certainly be considered that. Some of James Bond's scenes as well. Times have changed a lot.

I don't consider a man who would rape a woman to be an alpha male. An alpha male wouldn't have to rape anyone or force himself on anyone. The women would come to him because he is appealing to them.
I've seen many attractive girls/women go for the bad boy that did take a Rhett Buttler approach.

Most women that I know (myself included) want a well balanced man. Not a wimp but not an aggressive asshole either. There is a delicate balance there! A man who is dignified and brave but at the same time sweet and kind and thoughtful and treats you like you are the ONLY girl in the world. :D

Meanwhile....ohhhh Rhett, darling? My stance says no but my eyes say yes. C'mere.
I read body language just fine. With some things I would not risk having a misunderstanding. Many of these sexual assaults that are in the news probably started with men that thought the girls body language said come get me.

Well, you would think that when they start trying to fight him off and tell him NO that he would take the hint? Again people! Get to know something about the person before you go and try to sex them up!
Okay....let's not make the thread about me specifically. That was not the intent of this thread.

She needed a straight jacket and Rhett needed a woman that wasn't so needy and wackadoodle. I loathed Scarlett. LOVED Melly, and Rhett.

i-know-what-women-want-they-want-you-to-drag-5613790.png

Is this scene romantic, or is it sexual assault? Do women really want the lines redrawn concerning how men approach women?

. LOL.. Hollywood was at it back then just like it is today. Hollywood is the main gauge people have used to base modern day society on, and it has been mimicked over and over again throughout time by the generations. Has it got it right over the years or wrong ? According to law enforcement, it best not to try in real life hardly none of what Hollywood produces today, but whose counting anymore right ?

I've always considered Hollywood to be bonking mad!!

Greg

it started with a sexual assault. unfortunately there are a lot of "stories" that have that as a theme. I seem to recall General Hospital with the Luke and Laura thing where she fell in love with her rapist.

. LOL.. Hollywood was at it back then just like it is today. Hollywood is the main gauge people have used to base modern day society on, and it has been mimicked over and over again throughout time by the generations. Has it got it right over the years or wrong ? According to law enforcement, it best not to try in real life hardly none of what Hollywood produces today, but whose counting anymore right ?

Greg

the phrase is "barking mad".

. It may have said come get me, but no means no right ? Never understood the mentality of a person who pushes beyond that no if it is a definite NO. It hurts to be rejected, but you just bounce back is all you can do, and learn from it. Maybe that mullet hair style needed changed, so hey just change it, and then try again right ?... LOL.... Win some, and you lose some I guess. Been married 40 years, so what do I know right ? LOL.

She needed a straight jacket and Rhett needed a woman that wasn't so needy and wackadoodle. I loathed Scarlett. LOVED Melly, and Rhett.

Rhett needed YOU, Gracie!!! We all know that.

Greg

Greg

I suppose they are a bunch of bitches!!

Greg

Greg

....and yeah; that too.

Greg

Last edited:

it started with a sexual assault. unfortunately there are a lot of "stories" that have that as a theme. I seem to recall General Hospital with the Luke and Laura thing where she fell in love with her rapist.

I hope she shot the scum in the end!!!

Greg

Greg

She married him.

Most women that I know (myself included) want a well balanced man. Not a wimp but not an aggressive asshole either. There is a delicate balance there! A man who is dignified and brave but at the same time sweet and kind and thoughtful and treats you like you are the ONLY girl in the world. :D

Aw shucks: that's what my wife says is the reason she chose me...plus I do the dishes.

:eusa_whistle:

Greg

Greg

She married him.

Now THAT'S what I call REVENGE!!!!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back