Did our political system work?

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
Never mind who you voted for. Never mind if your candidate won or lost. I ask if you believe the system worked as the Founding Fathers had intended?

Personally I'm not sure about the 'electoral college' vote vs the people's vote. Or maybe more specifically how or why each states rule on how the EC works. I am not beholden to either or any party specifically, I have always voted for who I think would have the best interests of this country as their priority. But I guess I don't understand just how that electorate is decided and how it differs in each state. :dunno:

Never mind who you voted for. Never mind if your candidate won or lost. I ask if you believe the system worked as the Founding Fathers had intended?

Personally I'm not sure about the 'electoral college' vote vs the people's vote. Or maybe more specifically how or why each states rule on how the EC works. I am not beholden to either or any party specifically, I have always voted for who I think would have the best interests of this country as their priority. But I guess I don't understand just how that electorate is decided and how it differs in each state. :dunno:

Without the EC the libtardos on the east and west coast would run the country with no regard for the rest of the country. In other words, the plantations would vote for the liberals.

The electoral college system prevents politicians from over-emphasizing densely populated areas. It ensures that people in states with small population have a voice in deciding the result of the election. I believe the system is effective in balancing the opinions from a country with diversified views and conditions such as ours.

I firmly support EC over the PV, yes.

We have elections instead of wars.

The American way.

I hope Trump will be a great president.

Last edited:

Did it work?

Yes...

Why?

The Electoral College put each state into play while like another pointed out the Popular vote would only matter in big populated states and the smaller states would lose their voice in our election process...

Your vote matter on the state level and was counted there...

the system worked, the people spoke ..

the system continues to work because I get to criticize who the people chose .

states' rights VS federalism-------remember???-----think back----seventh grade

the system worked, the people spoke ..

the system continues to work because I get to criticize who the people chose .

please supply your address, SS# ----and the names
of all people in your immediate family......DNA sample is
optional

Imagine for a second, what a presidential campaign would look like in a system where there was no Electoral College and the presidency was won by popular vote. How many campaign stops would have been made to Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa? What you would see would be heavy campaigning in California and New York, maybe Chicago or another large metro area where lots of people are. And policies/platforms would be tailored for those crowds.

Electoral votes of each state is determined by population, or more specifically, adding the number of representatives (determined by population) and senators. States have different guidelines for who can be an elector and what authority they have regarding their vote but this is what makes us a Republic and not a Democracy.

That's cuz you're liberal. I realize liberals are super smart, cuz they say so, but said liberals might familiarize themselves with the constitution and purpose. If said liberals don't want to do that, and to help them sleep nights, pretend the USA should be run as dictated by the wholesome state of California.

Forum List

Back