Did MLK have the lowest GRE scores in history?

[

Are you effing serious? He was the backbone of the Civil Rights movement. Millions upon millions heeded his voice, and they still do today, across the world.

Yes indeed. MLK was a white-hating racist who fought for the persecution of white people and he got it. Affirmative action is now everywhere.

Considering what MLK went on to accomplish, does it matter.

What exactly did MLK accomplish and please be specific.

He gave us affirmative action, the govt-mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in america.

As angry as you are ya musta been Bubba's butt buddy in prison.......... :lol:

Oh and America is generally capitalized...... How's that IQ thing working out for ya? :lmao:

Obviously a fake.

SS, you have to do better. The Board members for the most part are much smarter than you.

He was a great leader for the Blacks and the civil rights movement. If he was not killed, American society would be quite better today, and it would be better if the Kennedys were not killed.

America would be much better if the Lonestar's etc hate and misguided understanding of America did not exist.

He was a great leader for the Blacks and the civil rights movement. If he was not killed, American society would be quite better today, and it would be better if the Kennedys were not killed.

I disagree he was a great leader. He dreamed of a time when people were judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin and that has never happened and seems it never will.

I also disagree that "it would be better if the Kennedys were not killed".

LMAO

Martin Luther King was one of the best orators in American history. You are an ass.

Was he really? Or did you come about this through years of public education and hero worship? If MLK was one of the greatest orators in American history then I am afraid that you rely too much on the media hype and television so as to make your case. My how there are so many historical contenders! Modern technology has really screwed things up for us hasn't it? Pick up a book! MLK is known really for only one speech. That's it!

On speeches (which I know you did not address) Look at any list for example and count the civil rights speeches. Note that most of them are within the era of TV and many of them radio. We have been taught and conditioned to look at MLK's speech as a greatest speech but no one really thought for themselves if this was the case. You were fed that information, you swallowed it, and now you're regurgitating it. Does anyone think for themselves any more? If there is one thing I hate is an answer to a question of opinion that I knew was coming.

You are nothing but an ignorant racist. "I Have a Dream" is definitely not the only work of his that is regularly anthologized in high school and university texts in the US, and, I might add, around the world in English speaking nations. His writings are taught in English speaking international schools around the world. His writings are admired by people all over the world. You only hate him because he is black. People like you are pathetic, blinded by racism.

Heath Anthology of American LiteratureMartin Luther*King, Jr. - Author Page

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Concise-Anthology-American-Literature-Edition/dp/0205763103]Concise Anthology of American Literature (7th Edition): George McMichael, James S. Leonard, Shelley Fisher Fishkin, David Bradley, Dana D. Nelson, Joseph Csicsila: 9780205763108: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Features | The Norton Anthology of American Literature | W. W. Norton & Company

Martin Luther King - American Literature - Oxford Bibliographies

The Ivy Bookshop | | Baltimore's Literary Bookstore

19 - African American literary history and criticism Volume 9: Twentieth-Century Historical, Philosophical and Psychological Perspectives Cambridge Histories Online - Cambridge University Press

Bedford/St. Martin's :: 2011_BedfordSelect_QuickSelect

http://aclweb.org/anthology/C/C80/C80-1024.pdf

Powerful pages ? unprecedented public impact of W.W. Norton and Co?s Norton Anthology of African American Literature - Higher Education

Critically thinking people don't follow trends on matters of opinion.

Maybe. 350 verbal and 270 math!!! Those are abysmal scores. Like all blacks, MLK relied on special treatment to get into college and to graduate.

It explains why he had to plagiarize his college thesis and his speeches. If a normal college graduate did the same they would be stripped of their degree. King was allowed to keep his. I call it an affirmative action diploma.

You're too funny. The grades are a fake. And if you had any kind of brain, you would realize that MLK went to school BEFORE affirmative action. LMAO

MLK was born in 1929. Affirmative action began in 1961, long after MLK's school days. :lol:

I was talking about his thesis plagiarisms. Not his grades. A normal scholar would had been stripped of his degree and academic privileges. King wasn't because of skin color. Lets call it an honorary affirmative action degree.

Well, MLK couldn't spend his time studying as he had to deal with jim crow.

King graduated with a PhD from Boston University BEFORE Affirmative Action. You don't earn a PhD from Boston University if you have a low level intelligence. You don't even get into Boston University with a low level intelligence or low level scores.

You racists are truly pathetic.

The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. came to Boston University in 1951, searching for a multicultural community and a setting for his study of ethics and philosophy. He became “Dr. King” by earning a Ph.D. in systematic theology here in 1955.During these years, Howard Thurman was named dean of the University’s Marsh Chapel. King not only attended sermons there but also turned to Thurman as his mentor and spiritual advisor. Among the lessons that inspired him most were Thurman’s accounts of a visit to Mohandas Gandhi in India years earlier. It was Thurman who educated King in the mahatma’s ideas of nonviolent protest. As the bridge between Gandhi and King, BU’s progressive dean helped sow the seeds of change in the U.S. and beyond.

Boston University preserves the legacy of our greatest alumnus in several ways. Our library houses thousands of King’s personal papers and correspondence. On Marsh Plaza in front of the chapel, you can see an inspiring sculptural tribute to his famous words, Free At Last. And everywhere on our campus, you can hear what we still consider to be the strongest statement of King’s life’s work: the enormous variety of voices and viewpoints that ring out on our campus.

**Boston University is a leading private research institution with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.

Any one can get through college if they are allowed to plagiarize.

Martin Luther King, Jr. authorship issues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe. 350 verbal and 270 math!!! Those are abysmal scores. Like all blacks, MLK relied on special treatment to get into college and to graduate.

It explains why he had to plagiarize his college thesis and his speeches. If a normal college graduate did the same they would be stripped of their degree. King was allowed to keep his. I call it an affirmative action diploma.

Speaking from experience? Of course you are, it's a moot point, why am I bothering to ask.
Oh yeah, until now never heard of anyone having the 2nd grade graduation certificate revoked.

Nothing says "I agree" like an emotional response to un-convenient facts. Thanks.

America would be much better if the Lonestar's etc hate and misguided understanding of America did not exist.

I hate no one and my understanding isn't misguided and unlike you, I don't have to lie about who or what I am.

You lie every day about your hatred and race beliefs.

MLK was willing to die while you can do no more than run, hide, and squeak.

Graduate Record Examination Scores for Martin Luther King, Jr.

6 March 1951
Graduate Record Examination Scores for Martin Luther King, Jr.

King took the examination on 3 February. A table enclosed with the test report indicates that his verbal aptitude score is in the second lowest quartile and his quantitative score is in the lowest ten percent of those taking the test. In the advanced test in philosophy, King's score (on a scale of 100) places him in the lowest third, while his other scores (on a scale of 800) are in the lowest quartile in all the subject areas except literature, where he placed in the top quartile.

EXAMINATION DATE EXAM. NO. COLLEGE
King Martin L Jr Feb 51 45982 1 567
Aptitude V 350 Q 270
Philosophy 58

PROFILE 310 280 360 320 470 340
PHYSICS CHEMISTRY BIOLOGY SOC. STUDIESLITERATURE FINE ARTS

If those scores are true, so what? Look at what he did with those alleged low scores and compare what he did with what you do with your alleged higher scores. An earnest hard working person with an IQ of 100 will out do a lazy bum with an IQ of 180.

Thanks for the laugh!

Speaking from experience? Of course you are, it's a moot point, why am I bothering to ask.
Oh yeah, until now never heard of anyone having the 2nd grade graduation certificate revoked.

Nothing says "I agree" like an emotional response to un-convenient facts. Thanks.

Emotional response? Facts? Well, seriously cherry picked facts........ You give yourself wayyyyyyy too much credit. :lmao:

Last edited:

You're too funny. The grades are a fake. And if you had any kind of brain, you would realize that MLK went to school BEFORE affirmative action. LMAO

MLK was born in 1929. Affirmative action began in 1961, long after MLK's school days. :lol:

:lol:

Well, MLK couldn't spend his time studying as he had to deal with jim crow.

King graduated with a PhD from Boston University BEFORE Affirmative Action. You don't earn a PhD from Boston University if you have a low level intelligence. You don't even get into Boston University with a low level intelligence or low level scores.

You racists are truly pathetic.

The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. came to Boston University in 1951, searching for a multicultural community and a setting for his study of ethics and philosophy. He became “Dr. King” by earning a Ph.D. in systematic theology here in 1955.During these years, Howard Thurman was named dean of the University’s Marsh Chapel. King not only attended sermons there but also turned to Thurman as his mentor and spiritual advisor. Among the lessons that inspired him most were Thurman’s accounts of a visit to Mohandas Gandhi in India years earlier. It was Thurman who educated King in the mahatma’s ideas of nonviolent protest. As the bridge between Gandhi and King, BU’s progressive dean helped sow the seeds of change in the U.S. and beyond.

Boston University preserves the legacy of our greatest alumnus in several ways. Our library houses thousands of King’s personal papers and correspondence. On Marsh Plaza in front of the chapel, you can see an inspiring sculptural tribute to his famous words, Free At Last. And everywhere on our campus, you can hear what we still consider to be the strongest statement of King’s life’s work: the enormous variety of voices and viewpoints that ring out on our campus.

**Boston University is a leading private research institution with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.

Not to mention: "Growing up in Atlanta, King attended Booker T. Washington High School. A precocious student, he skipped both the ninth and the twelfth grades and entered Morehouse College at age fifteen without formally graduating from high school.[8] In 1948, he graduated from Morehouse with a B.A. degree in sociology, and enrolled in Crozer Theological Seminary in Chester, Pennsylvania, from which he graduated with a B.Div. degree in 1951"

I will also note that Morehouse isn't too "shabby" of a college as well.
Morehouse College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to Morehouse's own "About Us" page, Morehuse was the first historically black college to produce a Rhodes Scholar. The school's first Rhodes Scholar, Nima Warfield, was named in 1994, the second, Christopher Elders, in 2001.[48] A third, Oluwabusayo "Topé" Folarin, was named in 2004. Morehouse has been home to seven Fulbright Scholars, Damon M. Lombard (1995), John Thomas (2004), Jason T. Garrett (2006), Morgan C. Williams, Jr. (2006), Lasean Brown (2008), Eric R. Baylor (2008) and Wendell H. Marsh (2009)"

Don't put much faith in things like test scores and college degrees. A score or piece of paper doesn't mean you know what to do with what you've learned, at least that's my experience with a few highly educated dopes I've crossed paths with. And I think Dr. King was one of those guys who made a positive impact on the times regardless of how low some scores are alleged to be.

More men like King are needed today in lieu of the Als and Jesses and Calypso Louies polluting the minds of black people these days.

:) Besides the delivery and some other minor differences, how are Reverend Sharton and Reverend Jackson's agenda any different than Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s? Who is "Calypso Louies "?

Emotional response? You give yourself wayyyyyyy too much credit. :lmao:

As he posts the emoticon to display emotion.

please forgive me. I usually equate responses that have nothing to do with the merits of my statement as an emotional knee jerk. Please correct the record for me.

Forum List

Back