Dick Butkus got verified by Twitter

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell

People can write about legends and greats of Football but I tell ya Dick Butkus was one player every Football Player feared!

The man was just down right mean on the field and in today time wouldn’t even be allow you play the game!

I do not know if it is true or not but I remember a quote that someone said he said and it went like this:

Reporter: How was your game today?

Dick: Not great I didn’t kill the QB today…

Players feared Dick Butkus and now he is trolling Aaron Rodgers on Twitter, and I wonder if Rodgers or any QB of today had to play against Dick Butkus would they automatically retire before stepping on the field?

Bears fans can write all day about Brian U. and Mike S. but Dick Butkus was the greatest LB of all time in Chi-town and let me say his generation of Football was world class bad ass Football!

He was a great one.

I remember playing with my siblings in my grandmother's living room, while the Lions were playing the Bears. The announcer kept saying "tackle by Butkus." That got our attention and we all laughed.

He was a great one.

I remember playing with my siblings in my grandmother's living room, while the Lions were playing the Bears. The announcer kept saying "tackle by Butkus." That got our attention and we all laughed.
He has a legendary name and with that name you know he had to be mean…

First off anyone naming their kid Richard so they can be called Dick is awful but then having Butkus which could be pronounced as Butt-kiss would tell you his name was just down right awful for a kid and it is up there naming a boy Sue!

You know I grew up on Da Bears but was more of a 49’ers fan later on but legends like Butkus, Payton and so on made the Bears great even when they were not so great during those late ‘60’s - early ‘80’s era…

Man has anyone realize how many Football legends have come out of da Bears…

As for your Lions is it true Sanders stopped playing because he didn’t want to break Walter Payton record?

I mean Barry Sanders could have easily broken that record way before Smith!

I have never heard of the guy (born way after his time) so I just thought it to be a funny name.
Oh man you missed out one of the greatest players to ever make a QB shit his pants!

I believe you may not even be old enough to remember Brian U. of the Bears and you certainly were not around for Mike S. but when it came to Dick Butkus he was ten times meaner than Mike and Brain U. wouldn’t even step on the field because Dick was just a down right mean and filthy…

I mean players feared the man and back then you really did not have the protection you have today and the rules were more gladiator style, so you would pray that you could out run that demonic beast!

You need to watch his highlights because the man just was pure nasty!

First off anyone naming their kid Richard so they can be called Dick is awful but then having Butkus which could be pronounced as Butt-kiss would tell you his name was just down right awful for a kid and it is up there naming a boy Sue!

You know I grew up on Da Bears but was more of a 49’ers fan later on but legends like Butkus, Payton and so on made the Bears great even when they were not so great during those late ‘60’s - early ‘80’s era…

As for your Lions is it true Sanders stopped playing because he didn’t want to break Walter Payton record?

Barry retired because he was tired of the Lion’s changing coaches and always losing. They had just hired Millen and Morninweg. Two notorious losers. Barry had plenty of money, his body still intact, and he didn’t care about records.

I doubt Dick Butkus was ever bullied.

Barry retired because he was tired of the Lion’s changing coaches and always losing. They had just hired Millen and Morninweg. Two notorious losers. Barry had plenty of money, his body still intact, and he didn’t care about records.
Barry was one of if not the greatest modern day RB…

People can write about legends and greats of Football but I tell ya Dick Butkus was one player every Football Player feared!

The man was just down right mean on the field and in today time wouldn’t even be allow you play the game!

I do not know if it is true or not but I remember a quote that someone said he said and it went like this:

Reporter: How was your game today?

Dick: Not great I didn’t kill the QB today…

Players feared Dick Butkus and now he is trolling Aaron Rodgers on Twitter, and I wonder if Rodgers or any QB of today had to play against Dick Butkus would they automatically retire before stepping on the field?

Bears fans can write all day about Brian U. and Mike S. but Dick Butkus was the greatest LB of all time in Chi-town and let me say his generation of Football was world class bad ass Football!
I don't know

I don't know

I remember Jack and he was also great but pure demonic hate on the filed I still feel Butkus was just pure mean as hell!

These guys didn't play for much dough, they played for Championships
Yeah, they would work in the off-season to make money, so back then playing Football was totally different in today times.

A player breaks a pinky finger in today time they are out for a few weeks but back in Dick time they went back out and found the guy that broke that finger, and broke one of their bones…

Oh man you missed out one of the greatest players to ever make a QB shit his pants!

I believe you may not even be old enough to remember Brian U. of the Bears and you certainly were not around for Mike S. but when it came to Dick Butkus he was ten times meaner than Mike and Brain U. wouldn’t even step on the field because Dick was just a down right mean and filthy…

I mean players feared the man and back then you really did not have the protection you have today and the rules were more gladiator style, so you would pray that you could out run that demonic beast!

You need to watch his highlights because the man just was pure nasty!

Born in 2002, so I don't remember any of these guys unfortunately.

Yeah, they would work in the off-season to make money, so back then playing Football was totally different in today times.

A player breaks a pinky finger in today time they are out for a few weeks but back in Dick time they went back out and found the guy that broke that finger, and broke one of their bones…
I got 10 tickets from my company to the Lion/Bears game in 2001. The Bears were very good that year and the Lions sucked as usual. The first play from scrimmage for Bears was a touchdown. They won 24-0.

Funny thing…I had five tickets unused. These guys came up to us asking if we had any tickets for sale. My buddy says off-hand “yeah we got five and will sell em’ for $500.” The guy says no way, but I’ll give you $250. I said sold! We blew that $250 on lots of beer and food. Good times.

More than half the Silverdome was Bears fans.

Last edited:

Shit ... Barry was the offense for the Lions ...
Had almost as many negative yards as positive yards, used the whole damn field and still broke records.

In a 45 yard gain ... Barry might have run 175 yards all over the field ... :auiqs.jpg:
He was also just a Class Act and was respected by many.

Forum List

Back