Teams like the Tampa Bay Rays should move:

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell

Baseball shouldn’t be played in Florida and both the Marlins and Rays should just move.

I mean after the 2027 season the Rays are free to leave and they should and my hope it is somewhere like Nashville or even San Antonio!

Baseball shouldn’t be played in Florida and both the Marlins and Rays should just move.

I mean after the 2027 season the Rays are free to leave and they should and my hope it is somewhere like Nashville or even San Antonio!
Not sure there would be a sizeable market in either of those cities. But I do agree about Tampa. That stadium sits in the middle of nowhere. I'd say Indianapolis and Charlotte would make better choices...even though both your choices sit on this list. I'd say because there are already two teams in Texas, MLB would probably not add a third.

I think MLB wants two teams in Florida
One in each League

I would like to see the Rays move to Orlando.. Baseball has always been popular here with the Grapefruit League spring training games which are fun to be at. AA and single-A are popular here as well. Marlins It would get more into the stadium when they get another winning team. Rays are a great club.. But if not an MLB team I would like to see AAA or AA team move there.

I would like to see the Rays move to Orlando.. Baseball has always been popular here with the Grapefruit League spring training games which are fun to be at. AA and single-A are popular here as well. Marlins It would get more into the stadium when they get another winning team Team. Rays are a great club.. But if not MLB team I would like to see AAA or AA team move here.
Tampa is a Football town and Baseball was a awful idea for the region.

The Rays

I still say the Marlins

A’s

White Sox’s

All of those teams should move.

Sox’s are perfect for Vancouver or Montreal.

A’s to Vegas

Marlins to Nashville

Rays to San Antonio.

Just my opinion…

Tampa is a Football town and Baseball was a awful idea for the region.

The Rays

I still say the Marlins

A’s

White Sox’s

All of those teams should move.

Sox’s are perfect for Vancouver or Montreal.

A’s to Vegas

Marlins to Nashville

Rays to San Antonio.

Just my opinion…
What do you feel about Hockey? They've got a pretty good Hockey team.

I stopped watching it back in the 1990’s along with Basketball but you are correct Tampa Hockey Team is not bad and didn’t they have a female Goalie even before the country went woke?

Yes, they do. Hockey and football belongs in Tampa. Baseball would too..if the stadium were located where the other two are. See if you can spot where Tropicana is. The other two stadiums are located smack in the city.
1642718647653.png

Today, very few stadiums are constructed in downtown areas

Back when Houston bought the whole bill of goods that stadiums meant jobs and more money for the city...they built 3 stadiums within 20 blocks or so of City Hall (BBVA for the Dynamo, Toyota Center for the Rockets, and Enron Field for the Asterisks). Reliant Park was built at the same time on the site of the Astrodome about 10 miles away.

It was shortly thereafter they were furloughing police officers and are considering another round of furloughs

Publicly financed stadiums are the biggest sham since the border wall.

Publicly financed stadiums are the biggest sham since the border wall.
Owners of mult-billion dollar teams need a taxpayer gift to survive.
The city provides the stadium and the fan base

Today, very few stadiums are constructed in downtown areas
Tropicana Field is about twenty miles south of Tampa and if you drive from east of Tampa you have to cross downtown Tampa before you go South to St. Peterburg. The stadium is located in an area that needs upgrading and it is the last of the cookie cutter multipurpose stadiums plus it has a dome. The stadium before it got the Rays was given a massive renovation to make it even more baseball intensive. All fans from The Gulf Coast or withing the area may have easier access to the stadium than a larger population further North and inland. The Hockey stadium is more center city intensive or close to it. The Football stadium is not.

Forum List

Back