Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that it was "arrogant" for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to presume to speak for all Jews on a potential nuclear deal between the United States and Iran.

Netanyahu has defended his upcoming speech to Congress on Iran in part by saying that he feels like he is an "emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people."

During an appearance on CNN's "State of The Union," Feinstein, who is Jewish, dismissed the suggestion that Netanyahu spoke on her behalf.

"No, he doesn't speak for me on this," she said. "I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area."

Feinstein said that, despite her criticisms, she plans to attend Netanyahu's speech to Congress Tuesday.

More: Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

I agree with Feinstein. I also think that Netanyahu is just naturally an arrogant person.
Obama does not speak for the majority of Americans, he constantly claims to. He is an arrogant liar!

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that it was "arrogant" for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to presume to speak for all Jews on a potential nuclear deal between the United States and Iran.

Netanyahu has defended his upcoming speech to Congress on Iran in part by saying that he feels like he is an "emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people."

During an appearance on CNN's "State of The Union," Feinstein, who is Jewish, dismissed the suggestion that Netanyahu spoke on her behalf.

"No, he doesn't speak for me on this," she said. "I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area."

Feinstein said that, despite her criticisms, she plans to attend Netanyahu's speech to Congress Tuesday.

More: Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

I agree with Feinstein. I also think that Netanyahu is just naturally an arrogant person.
Obama does not speak for the majority of Americans, he constantly claims to. He is an arrogant liar!

What does that have to do with Jews?

r-NETANYAHU-huge.jpg

55 BAIL ON BIBI

Many more should bail on that scumbag.

‘Our relationship to Israel causes dead Americans and enormous expense in fighting Muslims’

A lot of people are passing around this amazing testimony before Congress two weeks back by former CIA analyst Michael Scheuer, in which he says that the reason that Muslims want to become jihadis is not who we are but our foreign policy.

Americans need to have a debate at last about whether supporting Israel is essential to US security, or having troops in Muslim countries is essential, or supporting Saudi Arabia is essential, Scheuer argues. If the people want to believe that, “fine.” But they should know that “costs come with that.”

Much More: Our relationship to Israel causes dead Americans and enormous expense in fighting Muslims -- Scheuer to Congress

I agree!

He is arrogant for saying he represents the people who elected him?

Is Feinstein arrogant for claiming to represent all Californians?

Why should an Israeli Jew like Nutanyahoo be allowed to influence how America conducts its foreign policy in the Middle East?

Feinstein, the career politician that preaches do as I say not as I do? Who gives a rip, she isn't my hypocritical, lying career senator.

Forum List

Back