DeSantis Wins: Cruise Line Won’t Require “Vaccine Passports”

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
What if i already had the Kung Flu, but my body kicked its ass, so my anti bodies are good enough with out the vaccines? You dumbass liberals do love to be slaves to your masters.......

Not saying you are a prog slave, just how the prog masters say "Get the vaccine" and the obedient slaves just bend over and take it...
Hey dude, I think you meant to reply to Coyote, I ain't one of the prog slaves and I've already had the scam virus.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
I don't know if it was deliberate or not but you left out a relevant portion of my quote:

"Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine that is only available through emergency approval I think..."

Emergency authorization does not mean the vaccine is fully approved, so it can not be mandated. This is not the same as the other vaccinations you mention.

Approved vaccinations CAN be mandated - for example to attend public school, or - when traveling to certain countries.

Ok. So you feel that business private property rights are irrelevant.
It's an experimental vaccine. DeSantis does not want companies to discriminate against people who have chosen NOT to take it.

Ok. So you feel that business private property rights are irrelevant.
It's an experimental vaccine. DeSantis does not want companies to discriminate against people who have chosen NOT to take it.
Agree, it can't be mandated so a reasonable alternative would be to require a vaccination or a negative covid test right?

Agree, it can't be mandated so a reasonable alternative would be to require a vaccination or a negative covid test right?
I think it's reasonable any time a bunch of people is going to be packed into a small area, particularly during a pandemic. I imagine there will be court battles over this in the near future.

So you are saying that the 2nd amendment cannot be overturned by any or all governments barring people from lawfully having weapons?
The 2nd amendment can be changed or eliminated, but it would require a constitutional amendment. However, many judges have made rulings that I believe violate the 2nd amendment.
and a ratification of the majority of states....But then, would you be bold enough to come try to take my weapons? or be a chicken shit prog and cry till the government came and took my weapons?

and a ratification of the majority of states....But then, would you be bold enough to come try to take my weapons? or be a chicken shit prog and cry till the government came and took my weapons?
What makes you think that I am opposed to the 2nd amendment?

Well, by not allowing them to require vaccinations, they have to follow the non-vaccinated CDC guidelines

Passengers must be examined for COVID-19 symptoms before and after the trip, and at least 75% must be tested at the end.

Restrictions on board will include face masks and social distancing.

I think it's reasonable any time a bunch of people is going to be packed into a small area, particularly during a pandemic. I imagine there will be court battles over this in the near future.
You realize that a vaccine passport, is like privilege. If you deny it, you have to treat everybody equally, which means it's back to mask wearing and social distancing for everyone.

Approved vaccinations CAN be mandated - for example to attend public school, or - when traveling to certain countries.
I have attended public schools all over this country and I attended with children who were vaccinated and unvaccinated. There are ALWAYS religious and philosophical exemptions. BTW, that is some big time back pedaling you are doing tracking from "individual rights to require a vaccine passport" (a defacto vaccine requirement) to "Oh wait, I meant they can't require a vaccine because it is experimental." I think you have been caught up in your own twisted argument.

Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
Not according to the SCOTUS.
I don't know what circumstances you are referring to, however, in my 70 years, I have never been forced to vaccinate for anything.

"Oh wait, I meant they can't require a vaccine because it is experimental." I think you have been caught up in your own twisted argument.
The USSC has repeatedly ruled that nobody of competent mind and age, can be forced into any medical procedure. Whether surgery, vaccination or transfusion.

That on the other hand, does not mean they can't be discriminated against because of that decision.

Court battles? I don't think so. The logic states that if you have the vaccine you are protected, so an unvaxxed person poses no threat. How are you harmed. If you are unvaccinated, mox nix, the vaccine was available to you. You are responsible for your own safety.

Court battles? I don't think so. The logic states that if you have the vaccine you are protected, so an unvaxxed person poses no threat. How are you harmed. If you are unvaccinated, mox nix, the vaccine was available to you. You are responsible for your own safety.
The vaccine is only 96% effective against serious health effects. It has a much lower efficiency in preventing the vaccinated from becoming infected. They were measuring hospitalizations, not transmissions.

Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
Not according to the SCOTUS.
I don't know what circumstances you are referring to, however, in my 70 years, I have never been forced to vaccinate for anything.
1905? SC decisions have been overturned of review--Roe v. Wade is one that I think will be overturned at some point. Is this particular decision currently valid?

Forum List

Back