DeSantis Wins: Cruise Line Won’t Require “Vaccine Passports”

Eh, it's an industry that would be best to die off anyway.
People enjoy cruising. I'm just wondering what the status would be if one of the unvaccinated passengers tests positive, will they keep the ship from docking back in the US?
People do enjoy cruising, I've been on several cruise ships. But they are a petri dish of disease and an environmental disaster.

I would imagine they'd be able to come back however the entire boat would be quarantined. Or at least that's my best guess.

I think if Cruise Ships don't implement a vaccine policy this could be very damaging for them... The risk would be crazy high...

So a Cruise ship has a significant number that aren't vaccinated. Cruise ships are held to the same standard standards as a hotel in air circulation and it would spread quickly. Next it is known they have an outbreak, No country apart from Florida is going to let them get off and wander through their population infecting others...

DeSantis law keep them from asking "before" they set sail. Since once they're out of florida water, they're free to require vaccination status.

I'm worried that people will be fooled by the DeSantis law, thinking the cruise line can never ask them for their status. Or treat them differently because of it.

People do enjoy cruising, I've been on several cruise ships. But they are a petri dish of disease and an environmental disaster.
I share that view, that cruise ships are uniquely dangerous from a communicable disease standpoint. Which is why I can't understand why DeSantis would throw a monkey wrench into cruise lines being able to make sure everybody on board is fully vaccinated.

I share that view, that cruise ships are uniquely dangerous from a communicable disease standpoint. Which is why I can't understand why DeSantis would throw a monkey wrench into cruise lines being able to make sure everybody on board is fully vaccinated.
He wants to be Trump2.

He wants to be Trump2.
The other problem is what will cruise lines do about children under 12, who can't get vaccinated? Will they be required to wear masks and socially distance?

That's a real bummer.
Yeah, especially since the latest version of COVID is affecting younger people.

And when more people get COVID there is more a chance for a new variant that could effectively make our current vaccines ineffective.

And when more people get COVID there is more a chance for a new variant that could effectively make our current vaccines ineffective.
This is why I can't understand vaccine hesitancy. The longer the pandemic goes on, even if just in unvaccinated pockets, the more it will mutate. We've already seen the delta variant that's several times as contagious and several times as dangerous. If a mutation occurs that isn't recognized by the current vaccine we may have to start vaccinations from scratch.

This is why I can't understand vaccine hesitancy. The longer the pandemic goes on, even if just in unvaccinated pockets, the more it will mutate. We've already seen the delta variant that's several times as contagious and several times as dangerous. If a mutation occurs that isn't recognized by the current vaccine we may have to start vaccinations from scratch.

If they can't have our country then nobody can?

Now let's see how it hits their bottom line. I took a cruise every year. I will only board a ship where I know the passengers have been vaccinated. I guess RC is out now.

Why, precisely, do you care if other people are vaccinated? Aren't YOU vaccinated?

DeSantis ‘wins,’ the people lose.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

First Twitter and Facebook....now the Cruise industry.

Interesting, isn't it? Just like always, the meaning of "private property rights" completely eludes leftists.

You'll excuse me if lectures and guilt trips about respecting something you yourself have never respected in all the time I've been listening to you gasbag leave me singularly unashamed and bored.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
Sure....most here would call it hypocrisy.

Your posts? Yeah, we really would.

But don't let me stop you from wasting your time believing anyone is concerned about having your approval.

It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
So you are calling freedom hypocrisy. I beg to differ, hypocrisy is when a person defends a private entity's right to self determination when they censor speech as is the case with FB and Twitter and then turns right around and denies that right to the cruise industry because they follow the directives of the government protecting those exact same freedoms. The cruise industry is following the laws of the land the same as FB and Twitter are. Now don't be a hypocrite.
So you agree that private property rights are no longer relevant?

No, I'm pretty sure literally no one agrees that the likes of you is suddenly the Grand Arbiter of What Property Rights Are, so I'm pretty sure no one needs to "agree that private property rights are no longer relevant" simply because they think your position and demands are asinine.

But don't let me stop you from wasting your time believing anyone is concerned about having your approval.

You're going to have a heart attack with that odd energy of yours.

So you agree that private property rights are no longer relevant?
You don't believe in individual rights. Look at my signature. That's you. The left only cares about "rights" to the extent that they serve the interests of the party.
So individual property rights don't matter? Does that mean I can hire a Mariachi band to play in your backyard tomorrow late at night?

"Your answer MUST mean that you agree with the position I have stated, because I have decided that ALL answers will mean that."

Am I supposed to care about your put downs?

More floating petri dishes.
If you don't like the rules, stay off of the ship, SIMPLE.
I think if Cruise Ships don't implement a vaccine policy this could be very damaging for them... The risk would be crazy high...

So a Cruise ship has a significant number that aren't vaccinated. Cruise ships are held to the same standard standards as a hotel in air circulation and it would spread quickly. Next it is known they have an outbreak, No country apart from Florida is going to let them get off and wander through their population infecting others...

This would kill Cruise business... Maybe the OP would bring his family on to that but there is a lot of parents that would take alternative arrangements...

Cruise business would spend years recovering that stigma or profit over customer safety...
It won't ruin the cruise industry. Free thinking people would still cruise.

Why, precisely, do you care if other people are vaccinated? Aren't YOU vaccinated?
Let's draw a parallel.

Why, precisely, do you care if other people are naked?
Aren't you clothed?

Okay, you want to draw a parallel, then draw one. Just FYI, simply saying, "This is parallel, accept that as fact and now answer me!" is not drawing a parallel. Feel free to explain how wearing clothing is a parallel to getting a substance injected in your body. If you manage to prove to me that there's a parallel, THEN we can discuss it as such.

LOL not only did he not bow he came after them with a $5,000 fine each time they violated a passenger's rights. Pure alpha.

desantissports-600x338.jpg

The cruise line Royal Caribbean International said it will no longer require its passengers to be vaccinated for COVID after initially saying they would.

DeSantis had threatened to enforce Florida law on cruise companies which would fine companies $5,000 each time they asked for proof of vaccination.

Certainly makes wanting to take a cruise LESS desirable.

Forum List

Back