DeSantis wants to make it harder for undocumented immigrants to work and go to college in Florida

The problem with that is illegals can still sue employers for not hiring them even though they are not eligible to work here under our discrimination laws. That has to be addressed by Congress first.

There is more nuance than that.

Where employers have gotten in trouble in the past falls mostly into two major groups:

Group A: Employers that accept employment documents from certain groups, but then reject or require heightened scrutiny of documents from those they perceive as being part of the illegal alien population (those form Mexico or Latin American counters).

Group B: Employers that have hired illegals, and only terminate them upon any type of complaint be filed as a means of retaliation.

WW

I think he's doing it on purpose. I think he's either insane, or really a left-winger that intentionally says stuff to make real conservatives look bad.
yeh, I didn't think of that but that's how those sneaky, lying, Satan worshipping dimrats work.

kind of sad... this is the 3rd time in just a couple hours I have said on this forum: "I didn't think of that"

Think how many other millions of voters haven't thought of ... fill in the blanks.. Our work is cut out for us...

reminds me of a saying I heard once: "I'm busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest."

:uhoh3::banana:

There is more nuance than that.

Where employers have gotten in trouble in the past falls mostly into two major groups:

Group A: Employers that accept employment documents from certain groups, but then reject or require heightened scrutiny of documents from those they perceive as being part of the illegal alien population (those form Mexico or Latin American counters).

Group B: Employers that have hired illegals, and only terminate them upon any type of complaint be filed as a means of retaliation.

WW

I've yet to hear a case where employers only accepted documentation from certain people. That's because any one of those people could be a federal agent in disguise. Where they get into trouble is refusing to hire illegals based on the fact they are illegals and the employer wants to do things by the book. Leftist judges rule in the favor of the illegal because the Democrat party wants these illegals here and left alone.

Here you go.

CITIES AND COUNTIES

California

1. Alameda County
  2. Berkeley
  3. Contra Costa County
  4. Los Angeles County
  5. Los Angeles
  6. Monterey County
  7. Napa County
  8. Oakland
  9. Riverside County
  10. Sacramento County
  11. San Bernardino County
  12. San Diego County
  13. San Francisco
  14. San Francisco County
  15. San Mateo County
  16. Santa Ana
  17. Santa Clara County
  18. Santa Cruz County
  19. Sonoma County
  20. Watsonville
Colorado

1. Arapahoe County
  2. Aurora
  3. Boulder County
  4. Denver
  5. Denver County
  6. Garfield County
  7. Grand County
  8. Jefferson County
  9. Larimer County
  10. Mesa County
  11. Pitkin County
  12. Pueblo County
  13. Routt County
  14. San Miguel County
  15. Weld County
Connecticut

1. East Haven
  2. Hartford
Florida

1. Alachua County
Georgia

1. Clayton County
  2. DeKalb County
Iowa

1. Benton County
  2. Cass County
  3. Fremont County
  4. Greene County
  5. Ida County
  6. Iowa City
  7. Iowa City, Johnson County
  8. Jefferson County
  9. Marion County
  10. Monona County
  11. Montgomery County
  12. Pottawattamie County
  13. Sioux County
Illinois

1. Chicago
  2. Cook County
Kansas

1. Butler County
  2. Harvey County
Louisiana

1. New Orleans
Massachusetts

1. Amherst
  2. Boston
  3. Cambridge
  4. Concord
  5. Lawrence
  6. Newton
  7. Northhampton
  8. Somerville
Maryland

1. Baltimore
  2. Montgomery County
  3. Prince George’s County
Michigan

1. Ingham County
  2. Kalamazoo County
  3. Kent County
  4. Wayne County
Minnesota

1. Hennepin County
Mississippi

1. Jackson
Nebraska

1. Hall County
  2. Sarpy County
New Jersey

1. Newark
New Mexico

1. Bernalillo County
  2. New Mexico County Jails
  3. San Miguel
Nevada

1. Washoe County
New York

1. Albany
  2. Franklin County
  3. Ithaca
  4. Nassau County
  5. New York City
  6. Omondaga County
  7. St. Lawrence County
  8. Wayne County
North Carolina

1. Buncombe County
  2. Durham County
  3. Forsyth County
  4. Mecklenburg County
  5. Orange County
  6. Wake County
Ohio

1. Franklin County
Oregon

1. Baker County
  2. Clackamas County
  3. Clatsop County
  4. Coos County
  5. Crook County
  6. Curry County
  7. Deschutes County
  8. Douglas County
  9. Gilliam County
  10. Grant County
  11. Hood River County
  12. Jackson County
  13. Jefferson County
  14. Josephine County
  15. Lane Countyn
  16. Lincoln County
  17. Linn County
  18. Malheur County
  19. Marion County
  20. Marlon County
  21. Multnomah County
  22. Polk County
  23. Sherman County
  24. Springfield
  25. Tillamok County
  26. Umatilla County
  27. Union County
  28. Wallowa County
  29. Wasco County
  30. Washington County
  31. Wheeler County
  32. Yamhill County
Pennsylvania

Bradford County

1. Butler County
  2. Chester County
  3. Clarion County
  4. Delaware County
  5. Erie County
  6. Franklin County
  7. Lehigh County
  8. Lycoming County
  9. Montgomery County
  10. Montour County
  11. Perry County
  12. Philadelphia
  13. Pike County
  14. Westmoreland County

I can call myself the Queen of England if I want. It doesn't make it so.

I've yet to hear a case where employers only accepted documentation from certain people. That's because any one of those people could be a federal agent in disguise. Where they get into trouble is refusing to hire illegals based on the fact they are illegals and the employer wants to do things by the book. Leftist judges rule in the favor of the illegal because the Democrat party wants these illegals here and left alone.
they are votes

the only thing dimrats care about

disgusting.

Sorry Ray, I work in Human Resources and this just isn't true.

We are required by law to NOT hire illegal aliens (that the left calls "undocumented workers"). Where companies get into trouble is accepting documents from one group but not another, heighted scrutiny of one group over another, or rejecting people based on race or national origin. The problem is that employers under I-9 laws are REQUIRED to accept documents presented as valid unless there is an obvious defect.

Because of anti-discrimination in how the process works and rulings against employers, the problem is in the documentation part of the process. Employers are basically forced to accept documents at face value.

What is needed are improvement in eVerify, the requirement that eVerify be used, and the legal ability for employers to end a hiring action of a prospective employee fails eVerify validation.

WW

Funny, the very same hypocrites who say that immigration is a federal issue, have no problem trying to make private industry do the federal government's job. The same idiots who say 'go after businesses' are the some ones who support 'sanctuary cities' the same folks who say e-verify the workplace, but not the schools, or other places our tax dollars actually support. Unbelievable.

Sorry Ray, I work in Human Resources and this just isn't true.

We are required by law to NOT hire illegal aliens (that the left calls "undocumented workers"). Where companies get into trouble is accepting documents from one group but not another, heighted scrutiny of one group over another, or rejecting people based on race or national origin. The problem is that employers under I-9 laws are REQUIRED to accept documents presented as valid unless there is an obvious defect.

Because of anti-discrimination in how the process works and rulings against employers, the problem is in the documentation part of the process. Employers are basically forced to accept documents at face value.

What is needed are improvement in eVerify, the requirement that eVerify be used, and the legal ability for employers to end a hiring action of a prospective employee fails eVerify validation.

WW

That's fine if we ever get it down to a science. But drug lords are responsible for some of these illegals getting here in exchange for bringing dangerous drugs across our border with them. Drug lords are multi-millionaires that have the capability to purchase the latest and best equipment to fool even systems like e-verify.

when you use insulting racially-charged terms like Wetbacks, you give cred to the libs who are always saying Rs are racist..

:(

you are giving conservatives a very bad name

I wish you would stop

I think he's doing it on purpose. I think he's either insane, or really a left-winger that intentionally says stuff to make real conservatives look bad.

yeh, I didn't think of that but that's how those sneaky, lying, Satan worshipping dimrats work.

kind of sad... this is the 3rd time in just a couple hours I have said on this forum: "I didn't think of that"

Think how many other millions of voters haven't thought of ... fill in the blanks.. Our work is cut out for us...

reminds me of a saying I heard once: "I'm busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest."

:uhoh3::banana:
Sorry fellas….I’m that new-age ‘Conservative’ with balls……I’m that guy “real Conservatives“ are scared shitless of….I tell old-school establishment Conservatives to distance themselves from the likes of myself…
Look, I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of the fucked in the head left. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!

Forum List

Back