DeSantis, Once a ‘No’ on Storm Aid, Petitions a President He’s Bashed

Our political spectrum is not one had on the left and one hand on the right a foot away from each other. Our politics is the two hands close to each other with the fingers intertwined about an inch or so. This while both hands have moved massively left since the mid 1960's. To attempt to curb new program after new program is prudent. Disasters we started to pay for, and it is difficult to stop. Areas like Florida though need to upgrade their infrastructures and building codes.
There's a limit to how much you spend for infrastructure before it becomes cost prohibitive. It's sort of like we have the technology to build pretty much a completely safe automobile no matter what happens, but nobody could afford to buy one. So everybody does the best they can with what is reasonable, affordable, practical knowing that there is going to be risk in life.

Last edited:
In a lot of cases, old people who earned a good living, lived within their means, invested well, and kept themselves in good shape are fine. Unfortunately, that ain't the majority. Hence the need for SS and Medicare to supplement whatever they've got. And sorry, you need young Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans to contribute to the tax base.
No one has a problem with legal immigration or immigrant's, but we all know dam well what's been happening over the last 20 year's+, and how American's began being replaced by cheap labor whether in action here or by manufacturing leaving here to work the cheap labor process over the borders.

Now we are experiencing the nasty fall out from our business sectors being to greedy, and ushering change in way to fast.

It was delayed and Pelosi and co. As Sanders pointed out they delayed Covid relief funding.
Let's take them one by one, shall we? Do you admit that FEMA did not dey aid for the Texas wildfire, Yes or No?

You're a joke - what you call a basic ass clown.
Your beloved leftists happen to own the presidency at the moment. So the governor is simply asking the president to do his job.
And, you are a retard. A retard who voted for a racist grifter.

Good. Now, we are all caught up.

Not to mention that the bill had a monetary payout to them until 2020.

That is NOT an emergency bill. No emergency lasts 8 years.
That's the thing. Just as it's stupid to pay people reparations for societal injustices that happened 50 or more years ago, FEMA funds are intended to EMERGENCY relief, immediate humanitarian aid, in situations that are overwhelming to an individual state. Otherwise, people are expected to insure themselves against serious loss and, if they choose not to do that, they live with the long range consequences or depend on charity.

There's a limit to how much you spend for infrastructure before it becomes cost prohibitive. It's sort of like we have the technology to build pretty much a completely safe automobile no matter what happens, but nobody could afford to buy one. So everybody does the best they can with what is reasonable, affordable, practical knowing that there is going to be risk in life.
Yeah there's risk, but with that risk comes huge reward's, otherwise if the monies invested were on the right choices made. Then it comes down to the protection of the investment, and the use of additional investment's if all indicators are positive.

I didn't say anything like that. But have a nice afternoon.
You claimed that politicians should help when a state is hit by natural disasters. DeSantis voted not to help NY even though they were suffering.

I call it douchebaggery. What would you call it?

That's the thing. Just as it's stupid to pay people reparations for societal injustices that happened 50 or more years ago, FEMA funds are intended to EMERGENCY relief, immediate humanitarian aid, in situations that are overwhelming to an individual state. Otherwise, people are expected to insure themselves against serious loss and, if they choose not to do that, they live with the long range consequences or depend on charity.
Thank you. IF, not when, DeSantis asks for Federal aid that exceeds the immediate needs of Florida, then they will have an actual issue to blame on him. Not until then.

Also, they are making hay off the misery of their fellow citizens. Rather vile in My estimation.

You claimed that politicians should help when a state is hit by natural disasters. DeSantis voted not to help NY even though they were suffering.

I call it douchebaggery. What would you call it?
You've already been proven wrong on this. Why continue to lie?

DeSantis voted to NOT pay for a decade for the damages.

You're blaming would be better placed if those who wrote the bill made sure it covered ONLY the emergency, and not all the political cronies.

Yeah there's risk, but with that risk comes huge reward's, otherwise if the monies invested were on the right choices made. Then it comes down to the protection of the investment, and the use of additional investment's if all indicators are positive.
Ummm okay. My point is that I should not have to pay for the risks you or anybody else choose to take. If you choose to live on a flood plane, in a hurricane zone, in tornado alley, on top of the San Andreas fault, in a wooded area, and such, you buy the wind, hail, fire, flood, earthquake or whatever insurance or you assume all the risk of loss should there be a natural disaster.

The feds offer national earthquake and flood insurance for those who wouldn't otherwise be able to get it. And yes, it can be expensive. But not as expensive as having to replace your home and contents. Those who can't afford the insurance or choose not to assume the risk personally should choose to live somewhere else.

You've already been proven wrong on this. Why continue to lie?

DeSantis voted to NOT pay for a decade for the damages.

You're blaming would be better placed if those who wrote the bill made sure it covered ONLY the emergency, and not all the political cronies.
Where have I been proven wrong, retard?

Where have I been proven wrong, retard?
You were proven wrong in your assertion that he voted no because he didn't like blue states or helping people.

Clearly, you were wrong. Again.

310191107_454184033357570_7955395337358513339_n.jpg

You were proven wrong in your assertion that he voted no because he didn't like blue states or helping people.

Clearly, you were wrong. Again.

310191107_454184033357570_7955395337358513339_n.jpg
So, you can't prove? Thanks for playing, retard. Now, fuck off.

The bill was not voted down because of anybody's politics. The bill was voted down because of the billions and billions unrelated to Sandy that the Democrats crammed into it. Had it all been for direct relief for victims of Sandy, restoring infrastructure, etc., the vote would have been unanimous for it.
Oh bullshit.

Ummm okay. My point is that I should not have to pay for the risks you or anybody else choose to take. If you choose to live on a flood plane, in a hurricane zone, in tornado alley, on top of the San Andreas fault, in a wooded area, and such, you buy the wind, hail, fire, flood, earthquake or whatever insurance or you assume all the risk of loss should there be a natural disaster.

The feds offer national earthquake and flood insurance for those who wouldn't otherwise be able to get it. And yes, it can be expensive. But not as expensive as having to replace your home and contents. Those who can't afford the insurance or choose not to assume the risk personally should choose to live somewhere else.
Talking about business risk, not personal risk... I guess our wires got crossed somehow, and we responded indifferently on the topic. No big deal.

Talking about business risk, not personal risk... I guess our wires got crossed somehow, and we responded indifferently on the topic. No big deal.
Hey we're having a discussion I think, not a confrontational debate. :)

But I honestly don't see any difference between personal risk and business risk. You can buy insurance for everything but bad choices or bad business decisions/practices. And those who did not choose to assume those risks shouldn't be on the hook to pay for losses when they happen. Assistance with immediate necessary aid--food, water, shelter, medical treatment--yes. But making each individual materially whole again? No.

It passed because DEMOCRATS voted for it.

Republicans voted no

The Senate Democrats voted it down and used it as leverage against Senate Republicans, the point is again both sides play the same game and partisan hacks only acknowledge that only the other side does it. Democrats and Republicans put party over people all the time. Partisan nuts do the same.

The Senate Democrats voted it down and used it as leverage against Senate Republicans, the point is again both sides play the same game and partisan hacks only acknowledge that only the other side does it. Democrats and Republicans put party over people all the time. Partisan nuts do the same.
link

Forum List

Back