DeSantis Eases Voting Restrictions After Hurricane...For Republican Counties Only

DeSantis signed an executive order on Thursday that eases voting rules for about 1 million voters in Lee, Charlotte and Sarasota counties, all areas that Hurricane Ian hit hard and that all reliably vote Republican.

Meanwhile, Orange county, a Democratic-leaning area which experienced historic flooding from the storm, received no voting exceptions, reported the Washington Post.

The accommodations include extended early voting days and the ability for voters to send mail-in ballots from addresses not listed in voting records.

Voting rights groups had previously asked the governor to extend the statewide voting registration deadline, which ended on Tuesday, and to add more early voting days, as well as implement other accommodations.

DeSantis complied – but only for the three Republican counties.

“Tens of thousands of Floridians have been displaced, and today’s executive order fails to meet the moment and ensure voting access for all Florida voters,” said Jasmine Burney-Clark, founder of voter rights organization Equal Ground, in a statement. “Instead, Governor DeSantis is politicizing a natural disaster.”

Extended early voting hours

Mail in ballots with no verifiable addresses

But only in Republican counties

Imagine that
I live a few miles from Orange County. It was NOT hit very hard.

Just more filthy Democrat hate shit.

Sure do. I don’t have a problem with this. I have a problem with you sheep pretending to hate mail-in votes and then doing a complete 180 when it helps you.

So how about you tell me now, are you in favor of mail-in voting or not? Cut the bullshit.
Slight difference here, pal. Flattened buildings, no power, water and you're whining over the covid shenanigans?

You can go ahead and answer the question now.
They already have that choice....
You missed the point. They had that option before Ian......

I'd venture to say those counties with special regulations, under DeSantis' emergency powers, are missing mail boxes on curbs, post offices, and, oh, yeah......houses to deliver the ballots to.

I think somewhere during the recovery, DeSantis said something about this isn't about democrats, republicans or independents, it's about Americans.

Maybe you should heed his words?

Good I hope it works!!! And toss the Dem ballots in the trash.

You missed the point.
You missed my point, and you once again didn’t answer the question.

With as much time as you guys spent whining about mail-in votes, you guys now don’t seem to have a problem with conservative counties pushing them because of what they encountered with the hurricane. Orange County was also impacted by the hurricane and it’s a blue county. Are you ok with them using mail-in votes as well?

Answer the question this time.

With as much time as you guys spent whining about mail-in votes, you guys now don’t seem to have a problem with conservative counties pushing them because of what they encountered with the hurricane. Orange County was also impacted by the hurricane and it’s a blue county. Are you ok with them using mail-in votes as well?

Playing your pussy tag once again?

There are 67 counties in Florida and everyone has the option of requesting a mail in ballot. I have no objection to all of them having mail in voting.

Of course, being the one way political hack you are, your handlers have you making a political issue out of a 'nothingburger'.

WAPO:

DeSantis’s emergency order says the decision to change the ballot rules for only three counties was made “based on the collective feedback of the Supervisors of Elections across the state and at the written requests of the Supervisors of Elections in Charlotte, Lee, and Sarasota counties.”

Lee County, where Hurricane Ian made landfall, has “few viable Election Day polling places post-storm,” according to the order, and “several established polling locations no longer exist.” The Lee County elections office also reported that the hurricane “displaced countless Lee County voters and poll workers from their homes.”

Florida Secretary of State Cord Byrd said in a statement that his office worked with elections supervisors “to ensure that the 2022 General Election is administered as efficiently and securely as possible across the state and in the counties that received the heaviest damage.”

You don't seem to recognize the differences in a controlled environment and a free for all.

NO ONE ever said all mail in voting is bad. Find the ones who did n argue with them.

This is more of your bullshit.

Forum List

Back