DeSantis Eases Voting Restrictions After Hurricane...For Republican Counties Only

Mindless my ass.

Stop telling me how to feel. If you were only discussing the topic, my counter troll measures wouldn't have you still here trying to get to me. :)

Bring more of this. Let's see what you got
”Counter troll measures” when you’re just trying to get into a pissing match and not even attempting to discuss the topic. :rolleyes:

DeSantis signed an executive order on Thursday that eases voting rules for about 1 million voters in Lee, Charlotte and Sarasota counties, all areas that Hurricane Ian hit hard and that all reliably vote Republican.

Meanwhile, Orange county, a Democratic-leaning area which experienced historic flooding from the storm, received no voting exceptions, reported the Washington Post.

The accommodations include extended early voting days and the ability for voters to send mail-in ballots from addresses not listed in voting records.

Voting rights groups had previously asked the governor to extend the statewide voting registration deadline, which ended on Tuesday, and to add more early voting days, as well as implement other accommodations.

DeSantis complied – but only for the three Republican counties.

“Tens of thousands of Floridians have been displaced, and today’s executive order fails to meet the moment and ensure voting access for all Florida voters,” said Jasmine Burney-Clark, founder of voter rights organization Equal Ground, in a statement. “Instead, Governor DeSantis is politicizing a natural disaster.”

Extended early voting hours

Mail in ballots with no verifiable addresses

But only in Republican counties

Imagine that
The man is a hypocrite in a lot of ways. No surprise there.

You want people to be able to vote. Right??...lol
Sure do. I don’t have a problem with this. I have a problem with you sheep pretending to hate mail-in votes and then doing a complete 180 when it helps you.

So how about you tell me now, are you in favor of mail-in voting or not? Cut the bullshit.

Yes. But you've never discussed it with an open mind, only ridicule others.

Trollboi.
Oh so you want to attack people who don’t discuss with an open mind. Let’s see you get into a pissing match with your fellow conservatives that applies to. Fucking hypocrite.

And no, you haven’t discussed the topic whatsoever. Last time I checked, that’s trolling.

Oh so you want to attack people who don’t discuss with an open mind. Let’s see you get into a pissing match with your fellow conservatives that applies to. Fucking hypocrite.

And no, you haven’t discussed the topic whatsoever. Last time I checked, that’s trolling.
Don't troll, I won't counter troll.

You’re not discussing the topic. That’s trolling.

Let‘s see you attack your fellow conservatives who don’t discuss with an open mind. Hypocrite.
And in all your replies to me, you are not discussing the topic.

FYI, slamming those who disagree with you is not discussing the topic, just more trolling.

You’re not discussing the topic. That’s trolling.

Let‘s see you attack your fellow conservatives who don’t discuss with an open mind. Hypocrite.
And the topic is a bullshit contrived narravitive. Since your side swears trump said to drink bleqch, you make up shit as you go.

Trolling.

Now, fuck off.

And in all your replies to me, you are not discussing the topic.

FYI, slamming those who disagree with you is not discussing the topic, just more trolling.
I see you don’t want to address your obvious hypocrisy.

Not surprising.

Sure do. I don’t have a problem with this. I have a problem with you sheep pretending to hate mail-in votes and then doing a complete 180 when it helps you.

So how about you tell me now, are you in favor of mail-in voting or not? Cut the bullshit.
I don't have any problem with mail-in ballots, as long as there's a strict criteria that's strictly adhered to.

DeSantis signed an executive order on Thursday that eases voting rules for about 1 million voters in Lee, Charlotte and Sarasota counties, all areas that Hurricane Ian hit hard and that all reliably vote Republican.

Meanwhile, Orange county, a Democratic-leaning area which experienced historic flooding from the storm, received no voting exceptions, reported the Washington Post.

The accommodations include extended early voting days and the ability for voters to send mail-in ballots from addresses not listed in voting records.

Voting rights groups had previously asked the governor to extend the statewide voting registration deadline, which ended on Tuesday, and to add more early voting days, as well as implement other accommodations.

DeSantis complied – but only for the three Republican counties.

“Tens of thousands of Floridians have been displaced, and today’s executive order fails to meet the moment and ensure voting access for all Florida voters,” said Jasmine Burney-Clark, founder of voter rights organization Equal Ground, in a statement. “Instead, Governor DeSantis is politicizing a natural disaster.”

Extended early voting hours

Mail in ballots with no verifiable addresses

But only in Republican counties

Imagine that
So any democrats in those counties are ineligible to vote, by your metric?

I don't have any problem with mail-in ballots, as long as there's a strict criteria that's strictly adhered to.
What strict criteria? Be specific.

“The accommodations include extended early voting days and the ability for voters to send mail-in ballots from addresses not listed in voting records.”

Forum List

Back