DeSantis' Anti-Gun Plot Exposed: Emails Show Attempt to Ban Guns at Event (Boy, if Trump Finds Out!)

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Governor Ron DeSantis has been caught in a controversial gun ban scandal. According to emails, he requested the city of Tampa to ban guns at an event celebrating his latest governor victory. However, the catch is that he asked the officials to pretend that it was their decision, all because he feared the potential anger from conservatives. This news has created a stir in the political world, with many people wondering what the reaction of former President Donald Trump will be. This situation raises questions about the Governor's stance on gun rights and the lengths he is willing to go to maintain his political image. It remains to be seen how this will play out.
The Republican governor’s campaign wanted weapons banned from his victory celebration at the city-run Tampa Convention Center, a city official said in emails obtained by The Washington Post.

And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said — not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights. “DeSantis/his campaign will not tell their attendees they are not permitted to carry because of the political optics,” Chase Finch, the convention center’s safety and security manager, said in an Oct. 28 email to other city officials about the request, which was conveyed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), a state police agency led by a DeSantis appointee.

Finch further explained that because of “Republicans largely being in support of 2A,” referring to the Second Amendment, “Basically it sounds like they want us to say it’s our policy to disallow firearms within the event space if anyone asks.”

Last edited:
Well would there be a problem if a concealed gun was being taken into a jail ? There are places that it is prohibited which include court houses and many federal properties. Schools have a gun free zone. I don't blame him. At rallies, there is no need for it. Security should be tight. They can just keep it in their cars.

Santos want the republican vote so he better be prepared to put his life on the line. he probably signed the bill giving his blessings,

Last edited:
Governor Ron DeSantis has been caught in a controversial gun ban scandal. According to emails, he requested the city of Tampa to ban guns at an event celebrating his latest governor victory. However, the catch is that he asked the officials to pretend that it was their decision, all because he feared the potential anger from conservatives. This news has created a stir in the political world, with many people wondering what the reaction of former President Donald Trump will be. This situation raises questions about the Governor's stance on gun rights and the lengths he is willing to go to maintain his political image. It remains to be seen how this will play out.

Wow you people are desperate.

Well would there be a problem if a concealed gun was being taken into a jail ? There are places that it is prohibited which include court houses and many federal properties. Schools have a gun free zone. I don't blame him. At rallies, there is no need for it. Security should be tight. They can just keep it in their cars.

Santos want the republican vote so he better be prepared to put his life on the line. he probably signed the bill giving his blessings,
Tampa ended up NOT banning guns and nobody got shot. Your lame defense of DeSantis backfired.

Gun Guys tell us that all of those restrictions are infringement. They even tried to infringe on the rights of the 6 year old who shot his teacher.

Santos did not make the request

You got them this time!

Impeachment #3 for Trump and 1 for DeSantis

You got them this time!

Impeachment #3 for Trump and 1 for DeSantis
USMB Republicans will "fake news" their way into their party-splitting primary. LOL.
party division and right wing trolling don't mix.

USMB Republicans will "fake news" their way into their party-splitting primary. LOL.
party division and right wing trolling don't mix.
5q0qd2.jpg

Typo. Meant DeSantis. Article doesn't mention Santos.
My reply is the same

DeSantos has to take ultimate responsibility for what is staff does, but that does not mean he knew about it or ordered it

In fact i suspect that detail was far below his awareness level

‘And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said — not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights. “DeSantis/his campaign will not tell their attendees they are not permitted to carry because of the political optics,” Chase Finch, the convention center’s safety and security manager, said in an Oct. 28 email to other city officials about the request, which was conveyed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), a state police agency led by a DeSantis appointee.

Finch further explained that because of “Republicans largely being in support of 2A,” referring to the Second Amendment, “Basically it sounds like they want us to say it’s our policy to disallow firearms within the event space if anyone asks.”’ ibid

Further proof of what a dishonest hypocrite DeSantis is, typical of most on the right.

DeSantis is indeed a Trump protégé – skilled at being dishonest and a liar.

Cant say that I blame him.
With all of the liberal loons out there who would like nothing more than to shoot him I wouldnt want guns allowed either.

And isn’t the Republicans position that criminals choose Gun Free Zones because they are Gun Free Zones? More guns make you safer right?

And isn’t the Republicans position that criminals choose Gun Free Zones because they are Gun Free Zones? More guns make you safer right?
Your assuming that mentally unbalanced people have that much common sense. Most violence in gun free zones are done by people with mental problems and decide that I going wild in a public area. Is it because its a gun free zone or it doesn't matter to them? They will either die or go to prison but I believe they do have a death wish. They are usually crimes of passion or irrational beliefs and I would doubt that it matters whether or not that it was a gun free zone matters.

More guns do not make me feel safer. Any gun owner who would allow there gun to be stolen and used in a crime is at fault also. Probably will not be charged with the crime but they do share some responsibility.

There was an incident with two guys who both had guns. The one guy approached the other guy but this guy had a gun. The guy with out a gun back down. The other guy put his gun away. Then the other guy got his gun and shot the guy who had put his gun away. He then went to jail.

IF the governor wants to have a gun free zone when he speaks then why is that a problem. He is the governor and there is security. IF you go to his rally then you would expect that it should be gun free. If someone is there with a gun then whether its a gun free zone doesn't matter. It will happen either way.

Does guns make me feel safe. No it doesn't .

Forum List

Back