Trump Lashes Out At DeSantis as He Manages Hurricane: ‘What a Shame for Florida!’

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
This type of behavior is why I think we could do much better than Trump and why I won't be voting for Trump come Super Tuesday.

Former president Donald Trump has decided not to hold his fire on Florida Governor and fellow GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis as he manages the Sunshine State’s response to Hurricane Idalia, instead resolving to use it to his political advantage.

“So now it is learned that Governor Ron DeSanctimonious unnecessarily approved a 20% hike in Florida Electricity Rates, the largest in history (by far!), after taking a 9.5 Million Dollar Campaign Contribution from “money machine” Florida Power and Light, and subsidiaries,” began Trump on Truth Social Thursday morning. “Next up to check out is the Insurance Industry, where DeSanctus gave up the store. His campaign and poll numbers have ‘CRASHED’ to a point where it doesn’t much matter anymore, but what a shame for Florida!”

While Trump’s focus has been on his own campaign since the hurricane made landfall, DeSantis has eschewed campaigning to concentrate on preparing for and responding to the natural disaster.

Asked by a reporter on Wednesday what he made of Trump’s silence on Idalia, DeSantis replied “Not my concern. My concern is protecting the people of Florida, being ready to go.”

He should stick to putting down the democrats....Said it before, I'll say it again. Nothing matters to Trump except Trump. He turns on everyone eventually because he's, well, a asshole.

rsyb4mhq58p41-2595222.jpg

3 pay levels here. Under 1000 kw, cheap.My cabins run 12 a month
1100 2500 more per kw hr.Big HOUSE IS THERE $160/MO. Above 3500 kwh ? luxury rate. Idiot with a big pool and AC untits 600-800 a month.
My shop...2000 sf, 220 machines, compressors, welders, grinders, long days.60-70 a month...licensed employer.last I looked I was around 4000kw regularly in that shop.
70 now so my monthly health dropped to $110...was 185,15% off at the pharmacy too. Panama even gets it better. Flights, food, motels,ineternet. I just prefer Costa Rica since "someone" never delivered freeDumb here.Panamanians haven't forgotten the Noriega/CIA clusterfuck

Here they only remember those Walker attempts and laugh about it

Last edited:
3 pay levels here. Under 1000 kw, cheap.My cabins run 12 a month
1100 2500 more per kw hr.Big HOUSE IS THERE $160/MO. Above 3500 kwh ? luxury rate. Idiot with a big pool and AC untits 600-800 a month.
My shop...2000 sf, 220 machines, compressors, welders, grinders, long days.60-70 a month...licensed employer.last I looked I was around 4000kw regularly in that shop.
70 now so my monthly health dropped to $110...was 185,15% off at the pharmacy too. Panama even gets it better. Flights, food, motels,ineternet. I just prefer Costa Rica since "someone" never delivered freeDumb here.Panamanians haven't forgotten the Noriega/CIA clusterfuck

Here they only remember those Walker attempts and laugh about it
27ywg4.jpg

This type of behavior is why I think we could do much better than Trump and why I won't be voting for Trump come Super Tuesday.

Former president Donald Trump has decided not to hold his fire on Florida Governor and fellow GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis as he manages the Sunshine State’s response to Hurricane Idalia, instead resolving to use it to his political advantage.

“So now it is learned that Governor Ron DeSanctimonious unnecessarily approved a 20% hike in Florida Electricity Rates, the largest in history (by far!), after taking a 9.5 Million Dollar Campaign Contribution from “money machine” Florida Power and Light, and subsidiaries,” began Trump on Truth Social Thursday morning. “Next up to check out is the Insurance Industry, where DeSanctus gave up the store. His campaign and poll numbers have ‘CRASHED’ to a point where it doesn’t much matter anymore, but what a shame for Florida!”

While Trump’s focus has been on his own campaign since the hurricane made landfall, DeSantis has eschewed campaigning to concentrate on preparing for and responding to the natural disaster.

Asked by a reporter on Wednesday what he made of Trump’s silence on Idalia, DeSantis replied “Not my concern. My concern is protecting the people of Florida, being ready to go.”

He should stick to putting down the democrats....Said it before, I'll say it again. Nothing matters to Trump except Trump. He turns on everyone eventually because he's, well, a asshole.

Seriously....DeeeSantis is no longer any threat....Time to turn the fire somewhere else.

Lol, little late to the party. Hilarious 😂 DeSantis is no different than Trump. Maybe even worse.

Where Gov. DeSantis is screwing up is the fact that his attention is being drawn away from his job as governor now. Instead of concentrating on dealing with the hurricanes, he is spending too much time in Iowa kissing ugly babies and shaking greasy hands

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the aftermath of big weather emergencies, and cleaning up is a big part of it. My grandparents were flooded out in a flood during the 1930's, and it was quite the mess, and they would have appreciated cleaning supplies.
Sure they would. I am sure they would have enjoyed scrambling after a couple of rolls tossed to them after the floods.

Those "magic" paper towels tossed by the orange fuhrer. Can't put a price on it, right?

Sure they would. I am sure they would have enjoyed scrambling after a couple of rolls tossed to them after the floods.

Those "magic" paper towels tossed by the orange fuhrer. Can't put a price on it, right?
Maybe they were bounty.

DeSantis built a massive network of big donors. Many have ditched him.​

Former Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner was among Ron DeSantis’ biggest boosters during the 2022 midterm election, giving nearly $1 million to his reelection bid. But as he has surveyed the field of GOP candidates for president, Rauner — a wealthy former private equity executive who was DeSantis’ fifteenth biggest donor in last year’s election — has not given any more money to the Florida governor. Rauner told POLITICO he thinks another candidate, former U.N Ambassador Nikki Haley, has a better shot of defeating President Joe Biden than DeSantis.

“I think he’s done a terrific job as governor of Florida, and I’ve been, as I think you know, a big supporter of him in that role,” Rauner said of DeSantis. But, he added, “I think Nikki Haley probably has the best chance to win the general election ... I think everyone is trying to sort things out. We gotta win, we gotta win the general.”

Rauner isn’t the only former mega-DeSantis donor who’s refused to open his wallet for DeSantis. Of the 50 donors who gave at least $160,000 in the years leading up to his 2022 reelection campaign, only 16 — less than a third — provided funds to the super PAC Never Back Down, which can receive unlimited contributions, through the end of June. Eight other major donors gave directly to his presidential campaign but not the super PAC.

The top 50 list includes five donors who are now financially supporting rival presidential candidates. And of those who are giving money to the DeSantis campaign or his super PAC, five are splitting their funds with other candidates.

The inability of DeSantis to convert more of his gubernatorial donors into presidential ones is emblematic of a larger shortcoming of his current campaign. And it presents particular problems for the governor precisely because his operation has leaned so heavily on the super PAC to perform basic campaign functions.

Trailing former President Donald Trump by wide margins in Republican primary polls — some of which show him struggling to keep his second-place status — many former contributors to the Florida governor are looking to other candidates or keeping their wallets shut entirely.

“So now it is learned that Governor Ron DeSanctimonious unnecessarily approved a 20% hike in Florida Electricity Rates, the largest in history (by far!), after taking a 9.5 Million Dollar Campaign Contribution from “money machine” Florida Power and Light, and subsidiaries,” began Trump on Truth Social Thursday morning. “

So wait, I'm confused, are you saying DeSantis DIDN'T raise the electric rates by 20%? Or take a 9.5 million campaign contribution from the same? Or are you just mad that Trump is pointing it all out while Florida is dealing with the aftermath of a hurricane?

My biggest question is why even bother when you are already so far ahead of DeSantis in the polls!

Florida manages hurricane disasters very well on a state and local level.

DeSantis has done a great job with the ones that have hit while he has been governor.

Florida manages hurricane disasters very well on a state and local level.

DeSantis has done a great job with the ones that have hit while he has been governor.
Should be another one next week
Hurricane central

Forum List

Back