Denver At Seattle

Seattle went into the Atlanta stadium early last year and put them in check so badly that for the rest of the season they never fully recovered. Seattle doesn't win EVERY game. BUT frequently when they win they snatch the will to compete right out of the hearts of their opponent and so it was last year in Atlanta.

I find it amusing that Seattle's detractors take such glee that they would fall under any circumstances. OK.. The Hawks MUST prove again that if they happen to stumble they must stand upright and show why they made it to MetLife last season, a mere 7 months ago, and absolutely crushed the Broncos, The most dominating offense in NFL history allowing only 8 meaninless late game points to the Seahawks 43.

I'm totally good with the doubters rising behind the feeble legs and arm of Peyton Manning growing less sure every day he wakes up and discovers that he is much closer to his last appearance in a proffessional football uniform than his first.

There was a time when the great Peyton Manning's abilities drew awe from all that opposed him on the field. This is now and THAT was then. This on Sunday is Century Link Field and not the Bronco's Mile High recluse where they have a biological advantage which takes weeks to acclimate to. I have lived in Boulder. This is Seattle where resides the NFL's winningest home field advantage. It is not an advantage like Denver's ...measurable at over 5,000 feet above sea level where the air is thin and no ammount of practice can duplicate the built in advantage.

OUR advantage is our fans. As it should be. The conditions are equal to all that enter as are it's home team's. What Seattle's home gives to our Hawks is more encouragement when things get tough and more screaming for blood when the route is on.

Ya...Atlanta's runaway score was impressive...we had three in a row like it year before last ..one of them in Toronto on the road with a rookie QB.
Fox's con job aimed at his team's confidence will backfire horribly when reality closes in and the sound level becomes an unbearable drone washing reason and the will to win right out of the Broncos. They will begin to hate the lie that Fox betrayed them with.

Indeed that is true on how the donkeys have such a huge homefield advantage up there in denver where it takes your body weeks to acclimate to because of that mile high thin air 5,000 feet above sea level.

Thats why its so laughable that trolls like that NON truth seeker guy act like seattle lost to a crappy team or something last week when i bring up those facts how denver is about the toughest place for visting teams to win at because of that factor.

notice how EVERYTIME i bring up the fact that the chargers were the only team to go up to denver last year and beat the donkeys in their own backyard,a team that had the highest scoring offense in NFL history,that they always run off from that thread or if they come back to it,they change the subject?:biggrin:

they keep acting like the seahawks lost to that charger team from the mid 90's that went 1 and 15 and ryan leaf was the quaterback.:cuckoo:

never considering that its equally as tough for a team like the seahawks who are not used to hot conditions like san diego had,to come in and play as well as they normally would especially in dark uniforms in the sun.

I dont think any of these people have ever been to colorado since they dont understand how it is so difficult on the body for people that dont live there who come in from out of town for a visit and i dont think they have ever done any exerting activity outdoors before with dark clothing on and then done the same exerting activity in whites before because they clearly dont understand WHY the chargers wore whites last sunday.:cuckoo:

as i stated previously,I have relatives who live in arizona and i have been out there for MONTHS at times over the years.anybody who has been out there knows what I am talking about how its a desert out there and the heat is so bad that if the air condition breaks down,its murder out there.

i mention that because having lived out there for long periods of time over the years I experienced first hand how its much harder to do an exerting activity outdoors in heat like that in dark clothing out there than it is when you are wearing white.again these people here seem clueless to the reason WHY the chargers wore white in that game.:cuckoo:

Before Seattle lost the game, you said the Chargers were a crappy team.

Seattle went into the Atlanta stadium early last year and put them in check so badly that for the rest of the season they never fully recovered. Seattle doesn't win EVERY game. BUT frequently when they win they snatch the will to compete right out of the hearts of their opponent and so it was last year in Atlanta.

I find it amusing that Seattle's detractors take such glee that they would fall under any circumstances. OK.. The Hawks MUST prove again that if they happen to stumble they must stand upright and show why they made it to MetLife last season, a mere 7 months ago, and absolutely crushed the Broncos, The most dominating offense in NFL history allowing only 8 meaninless late game points to the Seahawks 43.

I'm totally good with the doubters rising behind the feeble legs and arm of Peyton Manning growing less sure every day he wakes up and discovers that he is much closer to his last appearance in a proffessional football uniform than his first.

There was a time when the great Peyton Manning's abilities drew awe from all that opposed him on the field. This is now and THAT was then. This on Sunday is Century Link Field and not the Bronco's Mile High recluse where they have a biological advantage which takes weeks to acclimate to. I have lived in Boulder. This is Seattle where resides the NFL's winningest home field advantage. It is not an advantage like Denver's ...measurable at over 5,000 feet above sea level where the air is thin and no ammount of practice can duplicate the built in advantage.

OUR advantage is our fans. As it should be. The conditions are equal to all that enter as are it's home team's. What Seattle's home gives to our Hawks is more encouragement when things get tough and more screaming for blood when the route is on.

Ya...Atlanta's runaway score was impressive...we had three in a row like it year before last ..one of them in Toronto on the road with a rookie QB.
Fox's con job aimed at his team's confidence will backfire horribly when reality closes in and the sound level becomes an unbearable drone washing reason and the will to win right out of the Broncos. They will begin to hate the lie that Fox betrayed them with.

Indeed that is true on how the donkeys have such a huge homefield advantage up there in denver where it takes your body weeks to acclimate to because of that mile high thin air 5,000 feet above sea level.

Thats why its so laughable that trolls like that NON truth seeker guy act like seattle lost to a crappy team or something last week when i bring up those facts how denver is about the toughest place for visting teams to win at because of that factor.

notice how EVERYTIME i bring up the fact that the chargers were the only team to go up to denver last year and beat the donkeys in their own backyard,a team that had the highest scoring offense in NFL history,that they always run off from that thread or if they come back to it,they change the subject?:biggrin:

they keep acting like the seahawks lost to that charger team from the mid 90's that went 1 and 15 and ryan leaf was the quaterback.:cuckoo:

never considering that its equally as tough for a team like the seahawks who are not used to hot conditions like san diego had,to come in and play as well as they normally would especially in dark uniforms in the sun.

I dont think any of these people have ever been to colorado since they dont understand how it is so difficult on the body for people that dont live there who come in from out of town for a visit and i dont think they have ever done any exerting activity outdoors before with dark clothing on and then done the same exerting activity in whites before because they clearly dont understand WHY the chargers wore whites last sunday.:cuckoo:

as i stated previously,I have relatives who live in arizona and i have been out there for MONTHS at times over the years.anybody who has been out there knows what I am talking about how its a desert out there and the heat is so bad that if the air condition breaks down,its murder out there.

i mention that because having lived out there for long periods of time over the years I experienced first hand how its much harder to do an exerting activity outdoors in heat like that in dark clothing out there than it is when you are wearing white.again these people here seem clueless to the reason WHY the chargers wore white in that game.:cuckoo:

He did? FYUCK !!!!!! I hate it when someone as dependable as 9/11 missrepresents the truth.

Get a rope !!!

He did? FYUCK !!!!!! I hate it when someone as dependable as 9/11 missrepresents the truth.

Get a rope !!!
what are you rambling on about now Huggy?

Just like I said....

Seattle in an OT nailbiter.

:lol:

Peyton Manning pulls himself up off the matt several times in the 4th qtr and ties the sucker up.

In all fairness our backup RC got hurt late in quarter quatro and our 3rd runner up GAVE Manning a free shot at the last Bronco TD. I don't even know who that 3rd string Rt Corner is...probably somebody off the street the way he tried to give the game away. Maybe a Bronco infiltraitor.

Sherman allowed the 2 pt conversion tying the knot up. So in 3 games Sherman gives up 2 pts...big whoop!

Let's face it..it all came down to the flip of the coin. I'm sure the way Peyton was playing if Denver had got the toss he would have taken Denver down the field just like Wilson did.

OK...We were lucky as snot. But I'll take it.

Just like I said....

Peyton Manning pulls himself up off the matt several times in the 4th qtr and ties the sucker up.

In all fairness our backup RC got hurt late in quarter quatro and our 3rd runner up GAVE Manning a free shot at the last Bronco TD. I don't even know who that 3rd string Rt Corner is...probably somebody off the street the way he tried to give the game away. Maybe a Bronco infiltraitor.

Sherman allowed the 2 pt conversion tying the knot up. So in 3 games Sherman gives up 2 pts...big whoop!

Let's face it..it all came down to the flip of the coin. I'm sure the way Peyton was playing if Denver had got the toss he would have taken Denver down the field just like Wilson did.

Russell Wilson 2, Peyton Manning... goose egg.

Russell Wilson $619K, Peyton Manning $20 million

Just like I said....

You have a point. I think. What is your point?

Manning DID win the pre season game. :lol:

Before we can go all definitive and everything we need to see Wilson beat Manning at Mile High.

That would be the trifecta.

A Super Bowl win at a venue that is nobody's home field sounds fair.. but is it really?

Now Denver has a much better team than last season. Their defense is dramatically improved. If they meet in this season's Super Bowl I would have to give the Hawks only a TD advantage.

Just like I said....

Before we can go all definitive and everything we need to see Wilson beat Manning at Mile High.

A Super Bowl win at a venue that is nobody's home field sounds fair.. but is it really?

Now Denver has a much better team than last season. Their defense is dramatically improved. If they meet in this season's Super Bowl I would have to give the Hawks only a TD advantage.

No point, just sayin'.

Now THAT was the Super Bowl game we all expected! Very entertaining.

Bravo to both teams. It was a GREAT game. Period.

With the 49ers losing that puts Arizona up by one on Seattle and two on San Fran...or should I say Santa Clara.

I think who ever won the coin toss would win...and it was a pleasure to watch Manning on the Sidelines knowing he couldn't do a damn thing..

Whew !

HUGGY wipes sweat off brow... :lol:

Glad THAT one is behind us in the rear view mirror.

Now the Hawks take a bye and let the other teams in the West beat the crap outta each other before we turn East onna road trip.

We will see how Seattle's rep as a shitty road team holds up... :lol:

2-1.. Not a horrible start. Two weeks to get our right CBs healthy. My guess is that Schnieder has been on the phone all night tryin to trade for a decent player. That clown that stepped in for us in the 4th Qtr has GOT TO GO ! He was totally lost in that last two minutes. We would have been better off just playing ten guys and have our REAL LOBs play the whole field.

Just like I said....

yeah looks like those off season moves to shore up the defense and get them to be more physical have paid off.Talib tipped the ball into one of his defenders which resulted in that interception wilson threw,ward made some key stops on coverage as well and ware showed how valuable he was to them yesterday.

Last year was a no brainer picking it to be a blowout because the donkeys had many of their starters hurt where the seahawks were all healthy.the donkeys showed when they are healthy they can stand toe to toe with them. with the additions of talib,ward and ware and having a healthy von miller and ryan clady back,they indeed are a much better team than last year.

Marshawn Lynch's 86 yards were very impressive and probably the real difference why the Hawks when all is said and done are a better team than the Broncos.

Did you guys see Lynch pick up that thing on the sideline with the blue thing on it? That was one of his dredlocks that got pulled out. OUCH !!!!

Huggy man what happened to the hawks today? Like we were talking about earlier it turns out that the bye is indeed coming at the right perfect time for them.thank god they are getting it now at this time cause they NEED it.

Sherman said it best when he was being interviewed afterwards about the game.a reporter asked him-for someone who just beat the broncos and peyton manning a team that was in the superbowl last year,you dont sound very happy.He then replied with-well thats because it shouldnt have been as close as it was.

and he's right.I couldnt have said it better.It never should have been as close as it was.they got the W but they really lost this game on the field though.they couldnt run to pick up the first down when it mattered most at the end so that allowed manning and the donkeys to get the ball back and march down the field and tie the score up.

but most importantly though,where the hell has that defense been the last two weeks!!!!!:bang3:

its one thing to get torched by rivers in extreme heat in san diego but to struggle against the donkeys at home like they did and blow a 17 point lead like that against a team that struggled against the KANSAS CITY CLOWNS who have the worst offensive line in the NFL up in denver no less?? ?:bang3: what the fuck is wrong with that defense?

right now the last couple weeks this defense looks nothing like it did last year at all.

there were no intense heat temperatures this time and they were playing at home on top of that and YET,for the second week in a row they could generate no pass rush or get any pressure on the quarterback.

I think they only sacked Manning like one time the whole game am i right? the defense from last year would have had multiple sacks in this game.

this is indeed cause for concern Hug.

matter of fact I correctly picked the lions to beat the packers yesterday because the packers nearly lost at home last week to the new york jets giving up like 27 points in that game so that opening day victory against the pack is not looking so impressive right now because the packers clearly are a team in disarray now.

If they dont fix their pass rush defense in this bye week,they are going to be in some serious trouble on this upcoming road stretch they have coming up.

Before the season began,I had this game and the redskins game down as games that were a cinch.

However since this game was not a cinch and the redskins have a decent offense now in that cousins is clearly the better quarterback-what a wasted draft choice in RG3,lol, that game may not be so easy now for them.

the eagles dont have a good defense so what they did against them doesnt concern me however it is obvious that they are a far better offense with cousins in there than they are with RG 3 and that DOES concern me since he clearly will be the starter in that upcoming game.

this performance by the hawks should have YOU concerned as well Hug.

again be grateful the bye is coming when it is because they are going to need it to spend time watching the thursday night game of the redskins which will give them something to go on when they next face them soon.

Last edited:
Marshawn Lynch's 86 yards were very impressive and probably the real difference why the Hawks when all is said and done are a better team than the Broncos.

Did you guys see Lynch pick up that thing on the sideline with the blue thing on it? That was one of his dredlocks that got pulled out. OUCH !!!!

I think something more impressive than Lynch's 88 yards rushing was Seattle defense holding Denver rush offense to 56 yards. And of course Seattle defense holding Denver offense to three points over the first three quarters.
But like I said after the San Diego game Maxwell needs some help on the right side.
But when it comes to Manning v Wilson Manning only had 41 more yards passing. Seattle only got one sack but did put pressure on Manning more than Seattle did against Rivers.
Harvin didn't carry the ball one time but caught 7 passes. I don't know if Seattle was using him as a decoy or not but rushing wise he was a non-factor.

you all have GOT to watch this video. a diehard Broncos fan is actually accusing Goddel of hating Peyton manning and rigging the superbowl LITERALLY crying over the Broncos losing seriously.:lmao:

this guy is obviously in love with peyton manning.He is actually calling him the best QB of all time.:lmao::lmao:guess he was never there when elway was.:lmao:he also obviously doesnt know about any of the other NFL greats over the years either such as a guy named Joe,ect,ect.:lol:

If this is how depressed and horrified with shock he was back then when they lost the superbowl,he must be on the suicide hotline in denver right now after yesterday.:rofl::biggrin:

Last edited:
on a more serious note,the good thing about the hawks upcoming schedule of road trips huggy is that they have seen the best of the quarterbacks for the season they are going to see for quite a while.

The next three quarterbacks they will be facing on the road in the next four weeks Kurt Cousins,Austin Davis,and Cam Newton,only Cousins will be a challenege for them and as i mentioned they will have an advantage in seeing him play before next week having the opportunity to watch him in action thursday night and observe him closely what his tendencys are when under pressure and everything.

Newton and Davis will be a pice of cake.the steelers scored at wiil against the panthers defense in the second half so just imaigine what the seahawks offense will do and Newton has really struggled as everyone knew he would losing all his starting recivers in the off season being stuck with having rookies to throw to.

as far as Davis of the Lambs goes? dont let the high scoring game they had sunday fool you after all it DID come against the cowgirls defense which is pretty much the worst defense in the NFL so its looking pretty good for them that three game road stretch.

bayless and smith make a couple of very good points here.makes you wonder what that was all about wilson throwing to brian walters 4 times on a drive.like he said,you have harvin,kearse,and baldwin to throw to and he's throwing all his passes to brain walters? wtf is up with that?

they had a total of 103 yards in the second half.I now understand why this game was not a blowout like it should have been.they got conservative in the second half.it almost cost them the game running lynch so many times in the second half like they did.

Looks like carrol was trying to make up for not using him more from the charger game but he overdid it because they got conservative trying to run out the clock,they stopped being aggresive like they were in the first half and that was almost a fatal mistake.

this steven smith guy just might be correct that they are not the same team from last year that was head and shoulders above everybody else because the absense of depth they had last year.It looks like not having red bryant is turning out to hurt them more so than we thought it would.

Huggy man what happened to the hawks today? Like we were talking about earlier it turns out that the bye is indeed coming at the right perfect time for them.thank god they are getting it now at this time cause they NEED it.

Sherman said it best when he was being interviewed afterwards about the game.a reporter asked him-for someone who just beat the broncos and peyton manning a team that was in the superbowl last year,you dont sound very happy.He then replied with-well thats because it shouldnt have been as close as it was.

and he's right.I couldnt have said it better.It never should have been as close as it was.they got the W but they really lost this game on the field though.they couldnt run to pick up the first down when it mattered most at the end so that allowed manning and the donkeys to get the ball back and march down the field and tie the score up.

but most importantly though,where the hell has that defense been the last two weeks!!!!!:bang3:

its one thing to get torched by rivers in extreme heat in san diego but to struggle against the donkeys at home like they did and blow a 17 point lead like that against a team that struggled against the KANSAS CITY CLOWNS who have the worst offensive line in the NFL up in denver no less?? ?:bang3: what the fuck is wrong with that defense?

right now the last couple weeks this defense looks nothing like it did last year at all.

there were no intense heat temperatures this time and they were playing at home on top of that and YET,for the second week in a row they could generate no pass rush or get any pressure on the quarterback.

I think they only sacked Manning like one time the whole game am i right? the defense from last year would have had multiple sacks in this game.

this is indeed cause for concern Hug.

matter of fact I correctly picked the lions to beat the packers yesterday because the packers nearly lost at home last week to the new york jets giving up like 27 points in that game so that opening day victory against the pack is not looking so impressive right now because the packers clearly are a team in disarray now.

If they dont fix their pass rush defense in this bye week,they are going to be in some serious trouble on this upcoming road stretch they have coming up.

Before the season began,I had this game and the redskins game down as games that were a cinch.

However since this game was not a cinch and the redskins have a decent offense now in that cousins is clearly the better quarterback-what a wasted draft choice in RG3,lol, that game may not be so easy now for them.

the eagles dont have a good defense so what they did against them doesnt concern me however it is obvious that they are a far better offense with cousins in there than they are with RG 3 and that DOES concern me since he clearly will be the starter in that upcoming game.

this performance by the hawks should have YOU concerned as well Hug.

again be grateful the bye is coming when it is because they are going to need it to spend time watching the thursday night game of the redskins which will give them something to go on when they next face them soon.

Over react much ????

Seattle has had numerous injuries and replacements over on the side opposite Sherman.

Maxwell gets over matched at times and his backups have had their mail forwarded to OverLake Hospital.

Manning isn't a fool so noticing that the Hawks only real weakness in that part of the field and preasuring it is his job. The Broncos did their homework too.. They get paid to do the best they can just like Seattle's players and coach's do.

When you say "What's wrong with the Seattle Defense?" I think you bite off more than you need to. Most of the positions on the Hawk's Defense I wouldn't trade for any player on any team.

Remember the "Super Bowl?" and how everyone was crying their eyes out that the Hawks would be decimated by players jumping ship for big bucks on other teams? What did you think? That they were just blowing smoke up your ass?

The right corner of the Defensive backfield and the D-Line pass rush areas and were hit pretty hard in free agency.

There is just only so much room under the cap.

Let me pose this question. Who did better with free agency and the draft after their respective SB wins.... The Hawks? or the Ravens?

Carroll and Schneider are as good as it gets in reaching out and aquiring diamonds in the rough as any two men in their positions.

OBVIOUSLY the Seahawks need to either get a replacement for Maxwell or coach up our own roster better in that area.

It's not like we have the worst DBs in the NFL even on that side. We need to improve there and I have every confidence we will.

Britt needs to improve some. Turbin needs to improve in his pass blocking also.

It's early in the season. If you have lost faith in the Hawks get another team to root for.

I'm not going to spend this whole damned season talking you off a ledge.

Forum List

Back