Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is a new low for political witch hunts by the US legal system. Wow. Just wow.

Whether you like the man or hate him, I would think anyone with a brain or a lick of sense would realize how very wrong this is.

Dershowitz on Hastert Indictment: 'This Case Just Smells'
Friday, 29 May 2015 08:15 PM

By Cathy Burke

A federal indictment of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money, reportedly to keep someone quiet about past sexual misconduct, "puts the government in the position of essentially being part of the blackmail," Alan Dershowitz.

Dershowitz on Hastert Indictment This Case Just Smells

Prosecuting crime is wrong?

That's not what that law was designed for.

Okay this is a new low for political witch hunts by the US legal system. Wow. Just wow.

Whether you like the man or hate him, I would think anyone with a brain or a lick of sense would realize how very wrong this is.

By Cathy Burke

A federal indictment of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money, reportedly to keep someone quiet about past sexual misconduct, "puts the government in the position of essentially being part of the blackmail," Alan Dershowitz.

It seems he sexually used one of his students, you got any outrage left over for that?

Seriously why don't you fuck right off with comments like that. Insinuating that I'd back a pedophile is off the fucking richter scale lib.

He's not been charged with any crime other than lying to the feds as far as I know.

By Cathy Burke

It's not a political witch hunt. He no longer holds any political office, and hence has no political power of any kind.

All I can say is you are one of the most clueless people here.

Last edited:
That's not what that law was designed for.

:wtf:

Laws that criminalize making false claims and statements to authorities are not designed to prosecute people who make false claims and statements to authorities?

You might want to tell Congress that.

By Cathy Burke

It seems he sexually used one of his students, you got any outrage left over for that?

Seriously why don't you fuck right off with comments like that. Insinuating that I'd back a pedophile is off the fucking richter scale lib.

He's not been charged with any crime other than lying to the feds as far as I know.
Caving in to blackmail is as good as a confession as far as I am concerned. Do you feel differently? An innocent man would have reported it to the FBI and the blackmailer would be in jail. No sympathy from me, a teacher who fools around with their students is scum.

By Cathy Burke

Caving in to blackmail is as good as a confession as far as I am concerned. Do you feel differently? An innocent man would have reported it to the FBI and the blackmailer would be in jail. No sympathy from me, a teacher who fools around with their students is scum.

more importantly liberals who spy for HItler and Stalin are scum.

By Cathy Burke

Here's what I want to know: Was he being blackmailed while he was Speaker of the House, and was he being blackmailed into selling his vote and/or using his position as Speaker to further someone else's agenda?

Nothing about this adds up. In order to prove that Hastert's been paying hush money, court can't just rule out the reason why, so who is the "Individual A"? Charges against him are like the government is trying to hide something more than merely protecting reputations, something else going on there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some corruption in the FBI where some agent gets "Individual A" to go around setting up politicians, as soon as Hastert stopped paying, bam, that's when they sting him.

By Cathy Burke

Here's what I want to know: Was he being blackmailed while he was Speaker of the House, and was he being blackmailed into selling his vote and/or using his position as Speaker to further someone else's agenda?
The details will undoubtedly come out unless he just takes a plea deal. Sexual abusers almost never do it just once to one person, as they say on TV, stay tuned.

By Cathy Burke

imagine the potential for FDR being blackmailed given that he was commiting adultery the entire time he was meeting with Uncle Joe Stalin, his ideological friend and world's greatest mass killer.

We were both fighting Hitler, a pretty evil man. Some on the Right agreed with Hitler.
of course thats 100% impossible given that the right believes in small govt. Did you know Hitler was the exact oppopsite??

You want to know what Fascism is? It is like your New Deal."
-- Mussolini, during a visit to New York City

-W.E.B DuBois: (the most important black leader in the first half of the 20th Century) "Joseph Stalin was a great man; few other men of the 20th Century approach his stature. The formation of the Nazi dictatorship was absolutely necessary to get the state in order." In 1937 he proclaimed: "there is today more democracy in Germany than there has been in years past." (page 10)

-Guy Tugwell: (FDR Brain Trust) said of fascism: "It's the cleanest, neatest piece...of social machinery I've ever seen." ( page 11)

-Walter Lippman: called on FDR to be a "dictator." (page 11)

-H.G. Wells: "progressives must become "liberal fascists and enlightened Nazis" ( page 21)

-Wallace Stevens: "I am pro-Mussolini." ( page 27)

-Isaac F. Marcosson: in the NY Times, "Mussolini is a Latin Teddy
Roosevelt." ( page 27)

-American Legion: "do not forget, Fascists are to Italy what the American Legion is to America." ( page 27)

-Will Rogers: "I'm pretty high on Mussolini 'Dictatorship' is the right form of gov't if you have the right dictator." ( page 27)

We were both fighting Hitler, a pretty evil man. Some on the Right agreed with Hitler.
of course thats 100% impossible given that the right believes in small govt. Did you know Hitler was the exact oppopsite??

You want to know what Fascism is? It is like your New Deal."
-- Mussolini, during a visit to New York City

-W.E.B DuBois: (the most important black leader in the first half of the 20th Century) "Joseph Stalin was a great man; few other men of the 20th Century approach his stature. The formation of the Nazi dictatorship was absolutely necessary to get the state in order." In 1937 he proclaimed: "there is today more democracy in Germany than there has been in years past." (page 10)

-Guy Tugwell: (FDR Brain Trust) said of fascism: "It's the cleanest, neatest piece...of social machinery I've ever seen." ( page 11)

-Walter Lippman: called on FDR to be a "dictator." (page 11)

-H.G. Wells: "progressives must become "liberal fascists and enlightened Nazis" ( page 21)

-Wallace Stevens: "I am pro-Mussolini." ( page 27)

-Isaac F. Marcosson: in the NY Times, "Mussolini is a Latin Teddy
Roosevelt." ( page 27)

-American Legion: "do not forget, Fascists are to Italy what the American Legion is to America." ( page 27)

-Will Rogers: "I'm pretty high on Mussolini 'Dictatorship' is the right form of gov't if you have the right dictator." ( page 27)
Interesting, with page numbers, but no source.

By Cathy Burke

It's not a political witch hunt. He no longer holds any political office, and hence has no political power of any kind.

All I can say is you are one of the most clueless people here.

You fool. Just because someone has retired from politics doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who still resent you and will target you.

All I can say is you are one dumb fucking douche bag.

By Cathy Burke

The details will undoubtedly come out unless he just takes a plea deal. Sexual abusers almost never do it just once to one person, as they say on TV, stay tuned.

Have you got any proof he was sexually abusing an underage individual?

Or are you just foaming at the mouth ranting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back