Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you people on the left/dems EVER held your politicians to the SAME standard you do Republicans we might have cleaned up the stinking lowlifes in this government.

but here you are again. ranting and raving over a Republican.

You have no moral authority to put down anyone in my book

Well, no, you see.

What Denny did was a crime.

What Clinton did wasn't.

That's the standard.

Actually, perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, abuse of power, sexually harassing women in the white house, exposing yourself to your staff and rape are crimes. Didn't know that, huh? You learn something every day, don't you?
Fortunately folks are innocent until proved guilty. Monica seduced Clinton .. she was 23.
Stephanie lied and said Monica was the same age as Chelsea. Chelsea was 16 .. big difference.

If you people on the left/dems EVER held your politicians to the SAME standard you do Republicans we might have cleaned up the stinking lowlifes in this government.

Well, no, you see.

What Clinton did wasn't.

That's the standard.

Actually... what Clinton did was a crime. That is what the WhiteWater investigation was about. Everyone involved, including the sitting Arkansas Governor, was indicted and convicted of numerous crimes, except the Clintons, who escaped conviction because the witnesses against them, all died of untimely deaths.

Then there are the multiple rapes... and of course, the well over 100 close friends and associates who died 'untimely deaths'.

In terms of criminal standard... it doesn't get much worse than that, scamp.

Well, no, you see.

What Clinton did wasn't.

That's the standard.
true enough, adultery, sex with an underage intern, and lying to investigators and the country is no big deal!

Okay this is a new low for political witch hunts by the US legal system. Wow. Just wow.

Whether you like the man or hate him, I would think anyone with a brain or a lick of sense would realize how very wrong this is.

Dershowitz on Hastert Indictment: 'This Case Just Smells'
Friday, 29 May 2015 08:15 PM

By Cathy Burke

A federal indictment of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money, reportedly to keep someone quiet about past sexual misconduct, "puts the government in the position of essentially being part of the blackmail," Alan Dershowitz.

Dershowitz on Hastert Indictment This Case Just Smells

An interesting and sad case to research is Neil Goldschmidt and his children' s 14 year old babysitter. Even after 30 years the truth surfaced. Time to stop throwing stones.

A lapse in moral judgement regardless of age or circumstances is still a lapse in judgement. It isn't the first instance and wont be the last.

yes, in fact more Democrats have gone to jail in the last 50 years than Republicans, and this is not to mention that liberalism is in effect a crime in America. A liberal has to lie to hold office in America. Can a liberal honestly take the oath of office and pledge to preserve and protect the Constitution when liberalism opposes the basic concept of the Constitution?

Well, no, you see.

What Clinton did wasn't.

That's the standard.
true enough, adultery, sex with an underage intern, and lying to investigators and the country is no big deal!
Monica was 23 years old, as you know.

A lapse in moral judgement regardless of age or circumstances is still a lapse in judgement. It isn't the first instance and wont be the last.

yes, in fact more Democrats have gone to jail in the last 50 years than Republicans, and this is not to mention that liberalism is in effect a crime in America. A liberal has to lie to hold office in America. Can a liberal honestly take the oath of office and pledge to preserve and protect the Constitution when liberalism opposes the basic concept of the Constitution?
Link?

From where I sit - Paying someone a bribe is not a crime -the criminal is the person extorting the bribe. Unless they have some evidence of an actual crime, this will go nowhere.

Where do you sit? In an asylum? Bribing someone and accepting a bribe are both crimes. It's also part of a criminal conspiracy, which is a crime in and of itself. It also sounds like Hastert lied to federal investigators. That's a crime. Plus it sounds like he was trying to circumvent federal banking laws.

Well, no, you see.

What Clinton did wasn't.

That's the standard.
Monica was 23 years old, as you know.

dear, sex with interns, adultery, lying to family friends country and investigators is a problem. Typical of people who spied for Hitler and Stalin and oppose the principle of America.

I didn't see this thread before I put mine up over Dershowitz claiming that this case smells to high heaven.

Hastert was indicted for lying to the feds about being a victim of blackmail and paying hush money.

How fucked up is this? It's a political witch hunt.

From where I sit - Paying someone a bribe is not a crime -the criminal is the person extorting the bribe. Unless they have some evidence of an actual crime, this will go nowhere.

Where do you sit? In an asylum? Bribing someone and accepting a bribe are both crimes. It's also part of a criminal conspiracy, which is a crime in and of itself. It also sounds like Hastert lied to federal investigators. That's a crime. Plus it sounds like he was trying to circumvent federal banking laws.

He was being blackmailed. This prosecution is fucked up.

"Dershowitz noted the federal "structuring statutes" Hastert is accused of breaking "were intended to prevent money laundering, to prevent drug dealing, to prevent income tax evasion. "

"Paying hush money is not illegal," Dershowitz said. "He didn't want anybody to know about it, so he took money out in small amounts and the banks wouldn't report it. That is not within the heartland of what this statute was intended to cover – and then to have an indictment which essentially reveals that which Hastert was trying to conceal puts the government in the position of essentially being part of the blackmail – and it's just not right."

Dershowitz called the case "an abusive prosecutorial discretion" for using the structuring statute "to try to go after somebody who was trying to solve a rather personal problem...."

Last edited:
Okay this is a new low for political witch hunts by the US legal system. Wow. Just wow.

Whether you like the man or hate him, I would think anyone with a brain or a lick of sense would realize how very wrong this is.

By Cathy Burke

A federal indictment of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money, reportedly to keep someone quiet about past sexual misconduct, "puts the government in the position of essentially being part of the blackmail," Alan Dershowitz.

It seems he sexually used one of his students, you got any outrage left over for that?

By Cathy Burke

Hastert thought he could lie to the Feds. Big mistake. Were he as smart as he thought he was he would have said, "all questions go through my attorney". That being said it's pretty obvious he was a pedo and pedo are scum, so I hope he has a nice trial, and if convicted I hope he spends a long time in prison.

By Cathy Burke

Prosecuting crime is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back