Democrats want to do to America what they've already done to California...

If I were a Republican, I would look at all the red states that are part of Appalachia before I started bitching about California.

How long before California residents will be forced to eat zoo animals, 2 years, 3?

Gov. Brown went crazy the last couple years and signed off on some radical bills that make California look more like a dictatorship than part of the U.S.

"Utilities may bill customers for future legal damages and for settlements from the deadly 2017 wildfires that caused more than $10 billion in insured losses, even if the companies’ mismanagement caused the blazes."

Since everyone needs utilities, the poor will suffer the most because of higher payments.

"California becomes the first state to require publicly held corporations to have at least one woman on their boards of directors by the end of 2019 and two or more by 2021."

Hire by gender, not by qualifications. The left does not see individuals. They see groups. Racist, sexist bigots that they are, they cannot see past a person's gender or race.

"California’s utilities must generate 60 percent of their energy from wind, solar and other renewable sources by 2030, which is 10 percent higher than a previous mandate. Lawmakers set a goal of phasing out electricity from fossil fuels by 2045."

So, what if renewable energy can't cover the needs of people? Not to mention the high cost. Maybe leftists across the country would rather that people freeze to death or die of heat stroke since it will be too expensive to pay for electricity. Or the available power won't be enough to provide what is needed. Of course, leftists also want air conditioners banned eventually.

"OTHER LAWS

— Dine-in restaurants may only provide drinking straws at customers’ request.

— Restaurants that advertise children’s meals must include water or unflavored milk as the default beverage, though customers can still order other options.

— Elections officials must provide prepaid return envelopes for vote-by-mail ballots. They also must give voters a chance to correct a ballot signature that doesn’t match the one on file and let them track mail-in ballots.

— The minimum wage rises to $12 for companies with 26 or more employees and $11 for smaller businesses as California phases in a $15 base hourly wage.

— A bill protecting net neutrality rules was set to take effect Jan. 1 but was blocked until a federal lawsuit is resolved."

Their ideas are not practical and, much of the time, unconstitutional. But wannabe dictators never let little things like laws or rights stand in their way.

New laws are putting California further at odds with Trump

Thought that the thread was about the 5th largest economy in the world.

One in three live in filth, poverty and despair...Do you think they give two fucks about GDP...I thought you hated income inequality? Did you know it’s feast or famine in Mexifornia...The elites laugh at you ignorant fools for pretending you’re part of the success in Hollyweird and SillyCon Valley.

33% in poverty?

Any stats to back that up?

I know those stats exist. Was following them when i FLED from Cali about 14 yrs ago.. Also know that Cali now has the HIGHEST percentage of adults with less than a 9th grade education... If you just removed a couple million "geniuses" from Silicon Valley, the entire state IQ would fall below 90....

This is not gonna end well.. That's why I cashed out with a $mill or two "phony Cali Housing bucks" that spend BETTER elsewhere and I don't have teen age gang members walking over the hood of my Bimmer...

Latest numbers put the poverty rate in California at 19% with the high cost of living in so parts of the state pushing the number.

Other high poverty states are Florida and Louisiana.

Does the published rate include the 10 million illegals living like human cockroaches?

Gov. Brown went crazy the last couple years and signed off on some radical bills that make California look more like a dictatorship than part of the U.S.

"Utilities may bill customers for future legal damages and for settlements from the deadly 2017 wildfires that caused more than $10 billion in insured losses, even if the companies’ mismanagement caused the blazes."

Since everyone needs utilities, the poor will suffer the most because of higher payments.

"California becomes the first state to require publicly held corporations to have at least one woman on their boards of directors by the end of 2019 and two or more by 2021."

Hire by gender, not by qualifications. The left does not see individuals. They see groups. Racist, sexist bigots that they are, they cannot see past a person's gender or race.

"California’s utilities must generate 60 percent of their energy from wind, solar and other renewable sources by 2030, which is 10 percent higher than a previous mandate. Lawmakers set a goal of phasing out electricity from fossil fuels by 2045."

So, what if renewable energy can't cover the needs of people? Not to mention the high cost. Maybe leftists across the country would rather that people freeze to death or die of heat stroke since it will be too expensive to pay for electricity. Or the available power won't be enough to provide what is needed. Of course, leftists also want air conditioners banned eventually.

"OTHER LAWS

— Restaurants that advertise children’s meals must include water or unflavored milk as the default beverage, though customers can still order other options.

— Elections officials must provide prepaid return envelopes for vote-by-mail ballots. They also must give voters a chance to correct a ballot signature that doesn’t match the one on file and let them track mail-in ballots.

— The minimum wage rises to $12 for companies with 26 or more employees and $11 for smaller businesses as California phases in a $15 base hourly wage.

— A bill protecting net neutrality rules was set to take effect Jan. 1 but was blocked until a federal lawsuit is resolved."

Their ideas are not practical and, much of the time, unconstitutional. But wannabe dictators never let little things like laws or rights stand in their way.

One in three live in filth, poverty and despair...Do you think they give two fucks about GDP...I thought you hated income inequality? Did you know it’s feast or famine in Mexifornia...The elites laugh at you ignorant fools for pretending you’re part of the success in Hollyweird and SillyCon Valley.

33% in poverty?

I know those stats exist. Was following them when i FLED from Cali about 14 yrs ago.. Also know that Cali now has the HIGHEST percentage of adults with less than a 9th grade education... If you just removed a couple million "geniuses" from Silicon Valley, the entire state would fall below 90....

This is not gonna end well.. That's why I cashed out with a $mill or two "phony Cali Housing bucks" that spend BETTER elsewhere and I don't have teen age gang members walking over the hood of my Bimmer...

Nice try internet millionaire.

Nobody is buying it.

Do I care? I had an OK plain 1200 sq ft home on the Bay Area peninsula... Up in the hills about 65 yrs old and dorky neighborhood.. Sold for HIGHER than asking at $1.2Mill... Go look up the prices in Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Redwood City if you think I'm lying..

Bought a 10 year old BEAUTIFUL brick home in a park-like setting on about 1.3 acres in Tenn for $570K.. It's 4200 sq ft.. So 3 times the house/land for 1/2 the price. And 1/4 the taxes for MUCH BETTER SCHOOLS and local services. Again, shut your trap and go find MLS listings for Greater Nashville...

Also had phony inflated Cali wages and stock options for about 30 years which I stashed away and RAN WITH when I left. Thought for sure the police would be chasing me to the stateline for the heist...

You'd be a moron to live there now...

33% in poverty?

I know those stats exist. Was following them when i FLED from Cali about 14 yrs ago.. Also know that Cali now has the HIGHEST percentage of adults with less than a 9th grade education... If you just removed a couple million "geniuses" from Silicon Valley, the entire state IQ would fall below 90....

Latest numbers put the poverty rate in California at 19% with the high cost of living in so parts of the state pushing the number.

Does the published rate include the 10 million illegals living like human cockroaches?

Are you stating that all illegal immigrants just live in California?

You can’t be that dale smith drunk and stupid.

33% in poverty?

I know those stats exist. Was following them when i FLED from Cali about 14 yrs ago.. Also know that Cali now has the HIGHEST percentage of adults with less than a 9th grade education... If you just removed a couple million "geniuses" from Silicon Valley, the entire state would fall below 90....

Nice try internet millionaire.

Nobody is buying it.

Do I care? I had an OK plain 1200 sq ft home on the Bay Area peninsula... Up in the hills about 65 yrs old and dorky neighborhood.. Sold for HIGHER than asking at $1.2Mill... Go look up the prices in Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Redwood City if you think I'm lying..

Bought a 10 year old BEAUTIFUL brick home in a park-like setting on about 1.3 acres in Tenn for $570K.. It's 4200 sq ft.. So 3 times the house/land for 1/2 the price. And 1/2 the taxes for MUCH BETTER SCHOOLS and local services. Again, shut your trap and go find MLS listings for Greater Nashville...

Also had phony inflated Cali wages for about 30 years which I stashed away and RAN WITH when I left. Thought for sure the police would be chasing me to the stateline for the heist...

You'd be a moron to live there now...

Sure, post the address and I will search it on public record.

33% in poverty?

Are you stating that all illegal immigrants just live in California?

You can’t be that dale smith drunk and stupid.

Negative...I’m telling you that of the 20-40 million here illegally, 10 million are in Mexifornia. You get it now?

"OTHER LAWS

Dumbest post ever, last time I checked California was the best and strongest state in the union, everyone comes here, most innovations come from here, what's better in other red states shitholes ? Racism? Or Confederate history ?

Last edited:

"OTHER LAWS

33% in poverty?

Those numbers don't account for the Cali phony money inflated cost of living. They are just based on a flat national poverty level... It's easily 25 to 28% when you add in how little housing or insurance or taxes a California dollar buys...

This is an OLD article from 2014 putting the adjusted poverty rate at 25% with cost of living. It's a lot worse now. Probably easily that 1/3 number that was tossed out.. Because if you shelter every immigrant without a skill or education -- it's gotta get worse...

And any poverty numbers that DONT adjust for inflated cost of living are pure crap...

Census Bureau: California still has highest U.S. poverty rate

California is the world’s 5th largest economy, just ahead of Britain.

This is what rightwingers DON’T WANT?

President Trump went crazy in his first couple years and signed off on some radical bills that make the USA look more like a banana republic with a dictatorship, than part of what the framers and founding generation saw for a future U.S.

Really? I am sure that you have some examples that you can post here. I would dare say that the Barrypuppet and his NDA Act of 2013 with indefinite detention with no due process would "trump" anything the current president has signed off on.
Just the Band playing Hail to the Chief with Trump standing there looking like a dope is enough to scream out "Banana Republic!"

"Trump says anyone else but himself would be media’s ‘hero’ for Syria withdrawal" - sounds exactly like MAO, Stalin, and other insecure dics

When did leftards become such warhawks? What has Syria done that should require the military industrial complex being involved? We already know that ISIS was a proxy army funded by deep staters working on behalf of the oligarchs.
They decided to become War Hawks when they decided to replace the population of Americans with foreigners and war was a good way to kill off the unwanted people.

If I were a Republican, I would look at all the red states that are part of Appalachia before I started bitching about California.
you dont live there though do you?.....California aint as nice as it was at one time last century.....
Neither is anywhere USA if you have a serious case of melancholy
we were not talking about anywhere USA,he was talking how nice Cal is...

"OTHER LAWS

"On one hand, the California economy is roaring along. It is the fifth largest in the world, making it a driving force in the national economy. Unemployment is at a record low. It has the most billionaires in the country.Oct 11, 2018"

I see.

trump can disgrace the office and humiliate the nation but that is ok because the economy is roaring along!

Well.......

California's economy is roaring along!

Does a super power economy have the pitiful ever-increasing refugee camps that I posted in post #49? And not even seem to care when this spills over to major cities like L.A. and San Fran???

Does a super power economy have the pitiful ever-increasing refugee camps that I posted in post #49? And not even seem to care when this spills over to major cities like L.A. and San Fran???

What exactly is your argument? That California DOES NOT have 5th biggest economy in the world because of some tents somewhere?

Thats just stupid.

It's a superpower, absolutely and most other states would give their right nuts (pardon the pun) to have all the upsides California has going for it - amazing climate with prime waterfront property, world leading industries, huge population.

You may not like the politics down there and there are problems like anywhere else but comeon, lets keep it real.

Last edited:

What exactly is your argument? That California DOES NOT have 5th biggest economy in the world because of some tents somewhere?

Thats just stupid.

It's a superpower, absolutely and most other states would give their right nuts (pardon the pun) to have all the upsides California has going for it - amazing climate with prime waterfront property, world leading industries, huge population.

You may not like the politics down there and there are problems like anywhere else but comeon, lets keep it real.

You'll see the effects when it's too late to do anything about it..

California is in debt to it's eyeballs. Has a 20+% rate of poverty (adjusted for cost of living). Ranks 50th in level of adult education attainment. You can make up figures for "economic development" as easy as Trump lies.

A lot this Cali is "5th largest economy in the world" business is based on counting population increase from illegal and homeless infiltration or counting every mobile taco stand that opens up as "a new business created".. Cali is literally BLEEDING actual corporate business. Even my small suburban Tennessee town now has 2 major US corporate HQs stolen from Cali since I moved here about 14 years ago.. 1/2 of the Silicon Valley clients I had have relocated because of regulation, taxes, cost and quality of living there.

Keep ignoring those city streets littered with poop and needles and 4 miles of refugee camps on the way into Anaheim stadium and DisneyLand. The tourists and industrialists won't ignore it for long...

Forum List

Back