Democrats outperformed in every special election this cycle

'Democrats have outperformed in each special election since President Trump took office by an average of 8.5 points, according to the Cook Political Report's Partisan Voter Index, which measures the partisan tilt of each district based on the two previous presidential elections.

Why it matters: That's a large enough margin for Democrats to take back the House, says Cook's Dave Wasserman. And by a lot — he says they'd need to outperform PVI by just 4-5 points to win in November.'

Interesting.

Trumpbots? Commence spinning.

Once again, I am neither Dem nor Rep. But I do DESPISE Trump as POTUS.

Let’s hope Dems can have a high turnout in November
Especially among women
Women are going to vote against Antifa, moron.

'Democrats have outperformed in each special election since President Trump took office by an average of 8.5 points, according to the Cook Political Report's Partisan Voter Index, which measures the partisan tilt of each district based on the two previous presidential elections.

Why it matters: That's a large enough margin for Democrats to take back the House, says Cook's Dave Wasserman. And by a lot — he says they'd need to outperform PVI by just 4-5 points to win in November.'

Interesting.

We sure hope so since Obama lost the Democrats over a 1,000 seats nation wide.

Democrats don’t have jobs or lives.

That is why they can vote at a moment’s notice.

Interesting.

Let’s hope Dems can have a high turnout in November
Especially among women

Yup...I think that is the key.

But the writing is on the wall, IMO. The Reps should have EASILY won that Ohio election last night. And they barely squeaked by.
And that is right after a huge GDP growth number.

The economy is booming (supposedly - though it really isn't)...and Trump still cannot crack 50% even in a Fox poll.

It just shows how despised he truly is outside of his base.

Earlier this year I would have agreed with you. I'm not so sure now.

I don't know what will happen. I just look at the numbers. The trends have been pretty consistent over the past 18 months, and I'm not sure what is going to change in the next 3.

I agree it's been pretty consistent and I think the enthusiasm is on their side, but like I said, back in 2006, right before the Republicans got hammered, the Democrats were actually winning these races rather conclusively, not almost winning them, but losing. Also, looking at the California primary results from a few months ago, of the seven swing seats the Democrats are hoping to capture, the Republican candidate got a majority vote in six of them and in the seventh was narrowly behind. Since California started their jungle primary the winner of the primary has gone on to win the general election every time.

I don't know what will happen anymore either, but if the Democrats fall short of retaking the House or Senate I guarantee you the loons will be screaming "Russia! Russia! Russia!"

Interesting.

in 2020 the Democrats will not have the help of Paul Ryan and his contingent of never Trump back stabbers. I believe the Republicans will take the house back and this time they will do it on the strength of public opinion rather than the strength of 45 GOP retirements.

Jo

Is it possible to "outperform" and still lose? Republicans swept the Louisiana state elections after Trump's visit on 10/11.

Forum List

Back