Democrats Need to Drop the Gun-Control Issue

The gun industry doesn't know who buys its products.

Really? They'd be the only industry that doesn't.

You realize most industries conduct massive amounts of consumer marketing and analysis, right?

The problem with the gun industry is that after murdering small animals for sport fell out of fashion, the gun industry did to market analysis and discovered their key market wasn't the guy who bought a gun for protection in the 1990's and forgot about it.

Their prime market were the crazies.

View attachment 501250
after murdering small animals for sport fell out of fashion
:laughing0301:
You are such a woman.

Wrong....."Do you want common sense gun control laws."

Yeah...everyone wants that......then, when asshats like you start banning guns and magazines, that's when people realize what that means.

Uh, yeah, common sense means you don't sell an semi-automatic and a 100 round magazine to Joker Holmes.

It was the first time that Mr. Holmes had decided to allegedly shoot up a theater. As a first time offender it was impossible to know that he would decide to allegedly commit murder.

Common sense will tell you that a Walmart employee- even one which has reached Associate status- is not able to predict the future.

Yeah and cops catch every single person driving over the legal limit right?

And hey why not just put a governor in every car so people can never drive faster than 65 MPH

That kind of control over people gives you a hard on

There are good reasons why you'd need to go over 65 MPH.

There's no good reason to get behind the wheel when you are smashed.

We could put a blow-meter on every car, and end drunk driving. Nobody wants that. Not the government, which makes a killing off of pulling over people who are slightly buzzed. Not the bars, who realize they'd have no business.

If you are serious about solving a problem, solve the problem.
getting to work 2 minutes earlier isn't a good reason

And you're not serious about lowering the murder rate.

We all know where most murders occur. The government of states cities and towns know where most murders occur but they do nothing to stop them because its cheaper not to solve them.

Yeah...everyone wants that......then, when asshats like you start banning guns and magazines, that's when people realize what that means.

Uh, yeah, common sense means you don't sell an semi-automatic and a 100 round magazine to Joker Holmes.

Common sense is not something you ever were familiar with......as we can tell from your posts...

It was the first time that Mr. Holmes had decided to allegedly shoot up a theater. As a first time offender it was impossible to know that he would decide to allegedly commit murder.

Common sense will tell you that a Walmart employee- even one which has reached Associate status- is not able to predict the future.

As a first time gun offender I am surprised someone from the democrat party didn't try to pay for his bail.....since they let repeat, violent, known gun offenders out of prison over and over again...

Common sense is not something you ever were familiar with......as we can tell from your posts...
I have yet to have any one tell me which of the federal gun laws that we don't enforce isn't a common sense law.

He didn't buy his gun at Walmart. And frankly, if you are having someone that low making the decision to sell a gun, that's part of the problem.

I have yet to have any one tell me which of the federal gun laws that we don't enforce isn't a common sense law.

What federal gun laws. Every time we have a mass shooting, and they want to close whatever loophole a Lanza or a Holmes got through, the NRA goes to battle stations to defeat it.

He didn't buy his gun at Walmart. And frankly, if you are having someone that low making the decision to sell a gun, that's part of the problem.

What federal gun laws. Every time we have a mass shooting, and they want to close whatever loophole a Lanza or a Holmes got through, the NRA goes to battle stations to defeat it.

FYI those people passed their BG checks and the licensed dealers obeyed the law. You have no leg to stand on there.

I'm talking about the federal laws regarding who is and isn't legally allowed to own or buy a firearm.

Every time a person is arrested for illegal firearm possession or using a firearm in the commission of a crime it is a federal offense.

But these people are never brought up on federal charges.

FYI those people passed their BG checks and the licensed dealers obeyed the law. You have no leg to stand on there.

Background checks that are meaningless.

Hey, I work in manufacturing. When a product fails, we don't say, "Well, it passed a quality check". Nope, we do root cause analysis and we improve the quality check to make sure we catch the problem next time.

If a background check let Joker Holmes buy a gun, then background checks were inadequate. Period. Full stop. After a mass shooting, they find out within days if the person was mentally ill or had a criminal record. And, yes, mass shooters almost always acquire the guns legally.

Every time a person is arrested for illegal firearm possession or using a firearm in the commission of a crime it is a federal offense.

Probably has something to do with double jeopardy. Perhaps you heard of it.

1623838315623.png

You can't charge someone twice for the same offense.

View attachment 501978

It's difficult to tell if this is an instance of you being unimaginably ignorant about how double jeopardy works, or just plain dishonest. Given that it's you, it's most likely some bizarre combination of both.

I recently changed my stance on gun-control. I think it's a dead-end and only harms the Democratic Party.

Guns and the violence that accompanies it are too embedded in American culture, they enshrined it in their Constitution for Christ's sake.

Moreover, Americans are too fearful to ever put down their guns, so the Democrats need to wise up and just drop the issue.

At the very least change their stance and go full-bore in the opposite direction, I say flood the country w/guns and ammunition, let them buy weapons till their wallets burst.

However, at the same time, they need to promote gun safety and consequences for the lack thereof. Every gun owner should be insured, if not, they should be held financially and criminally liable if/when necessary.

Also, keep better track of them, that goes w/the previous sentence.

Let people get and keep their guns to theirheartscontent, but let's all be safe about it.
Wise position. I’d confiscate and make all guns illegal if possible. It’s not possible. Cat is out of the bag. Gun safety is a good idea but I’m all for armed guards at soft targets. Let’s lock this place up like an El Salvador Wendy’s.

It's difficult to tell if this is an instance of you being unimaginably ignorant about how double jeopardy works, or just plain dishonest. Given that it's you, it's most likely some bizarre combination of both.

Actually, I get it just fine. While it is legally possible to try a person federally for a crime after he has been acquitted locally, it rarely happens. Frankly, I'd be happy if the Feds stepped into things more often, but we know that won't happen with Republicans in the picture. They like impotent federal agencies.

For instance, the chief agency for enforcing gun laws is the much maligned BATFE.

The ATF Budget is 1.3 Billion. That's to police all 300 million firearms in this country.

They have a total of 5100 employees and 2500 agents.

We have 16,000 gun murders and 400,000 gun crimes, not including gun possession, which is the whole argument of the gun wankers, that we don't arrest poor people for merely having guns.

Now compare that to the DEA. They have a budget of 3.1 Billions, nearly times that of the ATF.

The IRS has a budget of 11.8 Billion to make sure we get our taxes paid.

You get the idea. You whine about the Feds not doing their job, and then don't give them the tools to do their job.

Hey, I work in manufacturing. When a product fails, we don't say, "Well, it passed a quality check". Nope, we do root cause analysis and we improve the quality check to make sure we catch the problem next time.

If a background check let Joker Holmes buy a gun, then background checks were inadequate. Period. Full stop. After a mass shooting, they find out within days if the person was mentally ill or had a criminal record. And, yes, mass shooters almost always acquire the guns legally.

View attachment 501978

Except for the fact that state attorneys typically drop gun charges

When laws are not enforced they do not work

The Federal laws that state felons, and the dangerously mentally Ill can't have guns......those laws are the laws you shitheads want, which don't work when the democrat party keeps letting violent, known, repeat gun offenders out of prison or jail.....or they ignore so that criminals don't get a criminal record...like obama's "Promise Program," did which allowed the shooter to get a rifle despite over 33 contacts with the police and several felonies that they ignored because of obama.

View attachment 501978

The background check worked....the shooter had no criminal record so a criminal record did not show up on the background check, you lying shithead...

Who failed....? His psychiatrist.....he should lose his license ...right?

View attachment 501978

Except for the fact that state attorneys typically drop gun charges

When laws are not enforced they do not work

Hmmmmm...I think I know where you found those links....

Shithead....I gave you the stories that show that federal and state prosecutors...you high priests for your God, the govenment, do not prosecute straw buyers....because straw buyers are too often the baby mommas of the criminals, or their grandmothers or mothers......often under threat of physical violence..

Your God, the government, is the failure, not the gun stores...

Why? The Republicans are determined to make themselves an irrelevant minority. All the Democrats have to do is stand back and let the Republicans implode.

Why? The Republicans are determined to make themselves an irrelevant minority. All the Democrats have to do is stand back and let the Republicans implode.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Please...keep telling yourself that........as biden and his handlers reveal themselves to be even weaker and more incompetent than before.....you see President sleepy snap at the CNN reporter....? Or the joke he is to the rest of the world?

As long as he let's putin and china do whatever they want and keeps the U.S. checkbook open, they will simply laugh when he leaves the room...

Forum List

Back