Democrats, Liberals, Progressives: NOW What?

No, I do not get it. You can't actually address what I say so you lump me in with things I do not even support. It's weak.
You made the comment about raising taxes to pay down debt, I responded with the question, Do you think they will pay down the debt with higher taxes? And your answer was "probably not". I think I did address what you said. You couldn't support what you said.

I didn't say they would. I said those who said nothing under Trump have no soap box to stand on.

After nearly 50 years, you don't know who *biden is? You think he's going to change all of a sudden?

Enjoy your higher taxes, gasoline prices, and job killing regulations. Hardheads. :eusa_wall:

I suppose they should cut taxes again to address the debt. It's worked so well in the past.
I suppose you and those like you shouldn’t dare suggest that government cut spending on wetbacks, foreigners and the like to balance the budget and pay down debt...huh?
It’s weird that “steal more from productive whitey” is always your default. But I’m sure you’re an awesome American and all.

Yes, we just want to piss you off. It seems to be working.
Nah, it simply confirms and proves you can’t be taken seriously on fiscal matters.
Even the most ignorant among us (you) know that a family in over their head in debt cuts wasteful spending FIRST long before they start borrowing from their wealthy brother and government should operate no differently.
What other elementary level shit can I teach you today?

Well, yes..and no. At a simple level, it's money in and money out. And sorry, taxes are first. The money coming in has to cover expenditures. We've seen the disaster that the "trickle down" effect has had on our economy, cost of living, and wages. Tax cuts do not increase revenues. They eventually lead to deficits and debt. After the money coming in is addressed, then you can talk about spending cuts. But you'll have to broach some very sensitive areas of cost cutting. Because just a few sections of the budget make up most of our spending. Problem is, you righties always go for cutting the smallest portion of the pie that serves the weakest among us. Not very popular. Run back to the same well time after time. These are just quick overviews as the issue is much larger. So far, you haven't taught anyone anything.

Spin it however you need to in your twisted little mind.
Sane folks know better....Using your retard logic, fuck it, let’s hammer rich whitey with a 90% effective tax rate and move all of Liberia to the U.S. for Americans to spoon feed huh?

I have to say, it's posts like yours that make me smile. After four years of listening to your side's bile and abject hatred...suck it. You lost. Deal with it like a man.

Our tax structure has to be addressed. And yes, that corporate tax rate will have to go up. As will the upper tax brackets. Kind of in keeping with the spirit of things. You make more, you pay more. :)

See that’s the elementary shit you pretend not to understand....THE WEALTHY DO PAY MORE...in fact, they pay the majority in taxes while the freeloading majority like you drive on their streets for free.
You need to focus on cutting spending, you need to stop recruiting Mexico’s filth...why/how such simple shit completely escapes your tiny mind is mind blowing.

The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne primarily by the highest income earners.[2]
  • In 2016, 140.9 million taxpayers reported earning $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.4 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell slightly to 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes fell slightly, to 37.3 percent.
  • In 2016, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).

While I allow the relief of the elections to wash over me, and now that we have once again said that we don't want a Talk Radio/Qanon presidency (just louder this time), I can't help but wonder what the Democratic Party is going to do.

So, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, is the party going to (1) try to rise above the ugliness of the last four-plus years and lead ALL of America, or is it going to (2) remain in the Trump mud and do everything it can to shove its entire agenda down our throats?

As for me, I'm hopeful it's (1). And, until further notice, I'm going to be hopeful that Biden has the right experience and temperament for the moment. There are still many moderates from both parties in Congress, so while the Trumpsters are paranoid (as usual) that we're going full commie, that obviously isn't going to happen. But will the Democrats lead as if they can hear ALL voices?
Nancy Pelosi hops up on the table after the inauguration and exclaims:

Legalize marijuana and wipe out felony convictions...

LefTard Logic:
“Let’s unleash criminal minded, unproductive stoned dark people on the public and encourage more criminal minded, unproductive dark people to get stoned.”

Hahaha...you dumbmotherfuckers never look past your noses do you?
I don't know what you did for a living but I have worked hard for almost fifty years out of fifty nine and I was getting stoned for forty one years while I did it. So take yer preconceive notions of superiority and smoke it in a pipe because that is all they are worth....

That’s a cool, moving story...I’m certain that since you’ve been able to balance bad habits with overall productivity so did or does everybody else.
Some can adjust others sublimate. Just like the rest of the stoners I know that are productive..
After all that hard productive work getting high after that is quite all right with me.

Well of course it is...you hope for no standard to be met by fellow Americans...you’re a Liberal...you’re only expectation is that Americans breathe oxygen.

I expect the Democrats to openly work across the aisle and get bitch slapped for it in two years. Just like last time.

I see little change in rhetoric, Pelosi is still a terrible leader and human and she will lead the House.. Biden isn't a leader, so I see little from him. I see more taxes for all, more regulations and a hostile two party system.

LefTard Logic:
“Let’s unleash criminal minded, unproductive stoned dark people on the public and encourage more criminal minded, unproductive dark people to get stoned.”

I don't know what you did for a living but I have worked hard for almost fifty years out of fifty nine and I was getting stoned for forty one years while I did it. So take yer preconceive notions of superiority and smoke it in a pipe because that is all they are worth....

That’s a cool, moving story...I’m certain that since you’ve been able to balance bad habits with overall productivity so did or does everybody else.
Some can adjust others sublimate. Just like the rest of the stoners I know that are productive..
After all that hard productive work getting high after that is quite all right with me.

Well of course it is...you hope for no standard to be met by fellow Americans...you’re a Liberal...you’re only expectation is that Americans breathe oxygen.
I think the whole world has passed you by. How many times is the question for you.

LefTard Logic:

I think the whole world has passed you by. How many times is the question for you.
You mean the whole world is headed for a communist cabal and we are resisting? I agree.

Now Democrats can finally pass legislation to make DACA Constitutional instead of the Un-Constitutional edict Obama admitted it was before he imposed it.

LefTard Logic:

You mean the whole world is headed for a communist cabal and we are resisting? I agree.
No.

While I allow the relief of the elections to wash over me, and now that we have once again said that we don't want a Talk Radio/Qanon presidency (just louder this time), I can't help but wonder what the Democratic Party is going to do.

So, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, is the party going to (1) try to rise above the ugliness of the last four-plus years and lead ALL of America, or is it going to (2) remain in the Trump mud and do everything it can to shove its entire agenda down our throats?

As for me, I'm hopeful it's (1). And, until further notice, I'm going to be hopeful that Biden has the right experience and temperament for the moment. There are still many moderates from both parties in Congress, so while the Trumpsters are paranoid (as usual) that we're going full commie, that obviously isn't going to happen. But will the Democrats lead as if they can hear ALL voices?
Nancy Pelosi hops up on the table after the inauguration and exclaims:

:laugh:

GAWD I love that movie.

Now what?

We patch up relationships with our allies. I believe there is currently a huge pandemic going on and so far what appears to be a lack luster plan to distribute the vaccine, that will be priority number 1. Infrastructure maybe now we can get an entire week (or more) dedicated to fixing our roads, bridges and even airports (wasn't that something Trump was supposed to do?). Not to mention our energy grid and speaking of that how about we do something serious about climate change and invest in renewable energies to combat a global challenge that will make COVID look simple by comparison. A return to science.

Now what not?

The constant, non-stop droning on of an imbecellic tyrant in training pants. Not sending that tweet, the constant act of not putting any thought into what is said or done because someone had a gut feeling and went on it. A president who doesn't attack and call others un-American over disagreements. Hopefully no longer stripping away children from their families, we may even do a better job of trying to reunite instead of depending on private volunteers and actually take responsibility for a change.

What continues?

Debate, everything and anything under the sun that isn't tied down.

Now what?

We patch up relationships with our allies. I believe there is currently a huge pandemic going on and so far what appears to be a lack luster plan to distribute the vaccine, that will be priority number 1. Infrastructure maybe now we can get an entire week (or more) dedicated to fixing our roads, bridges and even airports (wasn't that something Trump was supposed to do?). Not to mention our energy grid and speaking of that how about we do something serious about climate change and invest in renewable energies to combat a global challenge that will make COVID look simple by comparison. A return to science.

Now what not?

The constant, non-stop droning on of an imbecellic tyrant in training pants. Not sending that tweet, the constant act of not putting any thought into what is said or done because someone had a gut feeling and went on it. A president who doesn't attack and call others un-American over disagreements. Hopefully no longer stripping away children from their families, we may even do a better job of trying to reunite instead of depending on private volunteers and actually take responsibility for a change.

What continues?

Seems to me that a real danger here is that our standards have fallen so far over the last four years that we won't bother to raise them back up.

This is a huge task for Biden. I'm very hopeful, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Now what?

Now what not?

What continues?

Seems to me that a real danger here is that our standards have fallen so far over the last four years that we won't bother to raise them back up.

This is a huge task for Biden. I'm very hopeful, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Well, of anyone who ran it was Biden who appeared to mostly want to get over the poison that has now infected our politics (well, more so anyway). I don't know if he can do it either and to calm things down requires participation from both sides. Also, it's going to be uniquely difficult because I think the Democrats are going to (rightly IMO) try and kill the filibuster so that things can actually get done. Yes, it's a double edged sword and it's going to appear to be nothing more than political however at this point it's also practical to get rid of it. Or if someone is going to filibuster they actually have to do it ala Mr. Smith Goes to Washington style.

I believe Puerto Rico (and D.C. to a much lesser extent and probably going nowhere) will be knocking on the door for statehood which I feel they deserve. This will also appear to be nothing more than political and play right into our war of allege cultures (comes down to racism and bigotry). So, Biden is going to have to overcome and rise above the fray.

But who knows, I'm very hungover.

Hell no. They were responsible for the ugliness of the last four years. Stop being an idiot.

Forum List

Back