Democrats learning to fight fire with fire

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Democrats Are Learning You Have To Do Ridiculous Things To Deal With Ridiculous Republicans

When House Democrats began an hours-long sit-in on the House floor Wednesday to force a vote on a gun bill, it was the latest in a series of recent stunts meant to highlight the obstructionist stance of House Republicans.

Many, including Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) have pointed out that the sit-in was just a stunt, meant to grab attention but not actually change anything. The gun bill lawmakers were taking a stand on isn’t even that great. But as the minority party in a chamber in a body that seems determined to do nothing, Democrats are using stunts on the House floor — a space usually resigned to a certain kind of decorum — to force people to pay attention to what Republicans are doing.

Several aides and lawmakers told The Huffington Post on Wednesday that Democrats have more up their sleeve. We’re in for a wild ride.

More: Democrats Are Learning You Have To Do Ridiculous Things To Deal With Ridiculous Republicans

I applaud Democrats for finally fighting fire with fire to combat obstructionist Republicans. It's sad that Democrats have to sink to Republican level to move America forward. Democrats should have shown more spine long ago; however, better late than never.

Democrats Are Learning You Have To Do Ridiculous Things To Deal With Ridiculous Republicans

When House Democrats began an hours-long sit-in on the House floor Wednesday to force a vote on a gun bill, it was the latest in a series of recent stunts meant to highlight the obstructionist stance of House Republicans.

Many, including Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) have pointed out that the sit-in was just a stunt, meant to grab attention but not actually change anything. The gun bill lawmakers were taking a stand on isn’t even that great. But as the minority party in a chamber in a body that seems determined to do nothing, Democrats are using stunts on the House floor — a space usually resigned to a certain kind of decorum — to force people to pay attention to what Republicans are doing.

Several aides and lawmakers told The Huffington Post on Wednesday that Democrats have more up their sleeve. We’re in for a wild ride.

More: Democrats Are Learning You Have To Do Ridiculous Things To Deal With Ridiculous Republicans

I applaud Democrats for finally fighting fire with fire to combat obstructionist Republicans. It's sad that Democrats have to sink to Republican level to move America forward. Democrats should have shown more spine long ago; however, better late than never.

That's why the Dems have been getting their asses kicked for years! They didn't realize, to beat these tactics, they have to drop to Republican scumbag levels to win anything! It's unfortunate that this has gotten so bad, but to save the country it looks as if THEY HAD TO DO IT! :ack-1: :beer:

That's why the Dems have been getting their asses kicked for years! They didn't realize, to beat these tactics, they have to drop to Republican scumbag levels to win anything! It's unfortunate that this has gotten so bad, but to save the country it looks as if THEY HAD TO DO IT! :ack-1: :beer:

Amen! I couldn't agree more! I've been posting for years on various message boards that Democrats must start fighting fire with fire. Maybe they're finally learning...

So goes this "fire with fire" mean the jackasses on the carpet will do their chant around a campfire? Silly when a little air conditioning might feel better. But, hey, consider the symbolism!

13495252_898051923654741_3052936289545091720_n.jpg

Amen! I couldn't agree more! I've been posting for years on various message boards that Democrats must start fighting fire with fire. Maybe they're finally learning...

I lost faith in the integrity of any Republican when they threatened the credit rating of the country, coming to the edge of default a few years ago! I kept saying, they won't do this, but still shut the gov't down trying to make a point! I can still see Cruz reading "Green Eggs & Ham" to his kids on the floor of the Senate! And he wonders why he got so little support for his run for President! What a tool! :banana2:

I lost faith in the integrity of any Republican when they threatened the credit rating of the country, coming to the edge of default a few years ago! I kept saying, they won't do this, but still shut the gov't down trying to make a point! I can still see Cruz reading "Green Eggs & Ham" to his kids on the floor of the Senate! And he wonders why he got so little support for his run for President! What a tool! :banana2:

Amen! I feel exactly the same way.

Did we expect anything different? If nothing is changed when 6 & 7 yo babies are massacred, do you really think killing a club full of gay people will change things? $#!t, one of their own was shot in the fk'n head and even with her pleas, there's been no legislation for meager background check! This Congress is hopeless! :420:

Er..um...Democrats learned to do ridiculous things over a century ago and they've been perfecting the art ever since, this "sit-in" is just the latest in the never ending series of stupid human tricks the Democrats have been pulling off in public.

On the bright side; the "sit-in" keeps them distracted from their other favorite past time of fucking things up worse than they already are.

Actually all you acomplish is to also become ridiculous.

Actually all you acomplish is to also become ridiculous.

Maybe so - but it certainly helps to shine a bright light on Republican obstructionism.

Forum List

Back