Democrats Have Abandoned Civil Liberties

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Personally, I have a tough time recalling the last time the Democrats stood up for anybody's civil liberties who weren't trying to get an abortion. That's been the party's holy grail since the 70s. It always seems to be Democratic leaning states like Illinois, California, my birth state of Massachusetts, etc. that have the most draconian laws and heavy handed enforcement of those laws not to mention exorbitant taxes, fees, and licensing requirements. During the current pandemic it's the Democratic governors and mayors, with a few exceptions, who have laid down the most authoritarian measures in their states and cities depriving people of their basic civil liberties with questionably legal edicts. They claim to be doing this in the name of science and saving lives, but enough evidence is out there now to show that simply isn't true. In the case of Andrew Cuomo, his orders have literally killed people. Either they're ignorant or on a power trip. I pondered in the CA-25 election thread as to how much influence, if any, California's lockdown had in determining the outcome of that special election last Tuesday. Everybody had that race as Lean D until a few days ahead of the election when they saw the disproportionate amount of ballots being returned by Republicans.

Now, they are covering for and defending the actions of rogue FBI agents and others within the Obama administration of their railroading of General Flynn and abdication of established protocols and basic civil rights.

The Blue Party’s Trump-era Embrace of Authoritarianism Isn’t Just Wrong, it’s a Fatal Political Mistake

The Democrats have done much more than just abandoning Civil Liberties. They have also try to rewrite history; as they see fit. They are trying to change the course of everything they once stood for. And doing a 180; on everything they now don't stand for.

I would not expect the Democrats to do anything less than they already have become. And I am sure no one else does either.

Too much to unpack here but here we go. I know of no circumstance where a Democrat denied one's civil liberties to go against abortion? Do you even know what civil liberties actually means?

And the guidelines laid down by Democrat mayors and governors was for protection, not to deprive civil liberties. You do understand that door swings open both ways don't you? When you run around town without protection, you are violating my civil liberties by creating an unsafe environment. I can't get out because of your reckless behavior.

And what is your documented evidence Flynn was railroaded by the Obama administration? You don't have any do you?

The Democrats have done much more than just abandoning Civil Liberties. They have also try to rewrite history; as they see fit. They are trying to change the course of everything they once stood for. And doing a 180; on everything they now don't stand for.
I would not expect the Democrats to do anything less than they already have become. And I am sure no one else does either.
It's criminal how the liberals rewrite history. They've already rewritten the history of the Civil War to make their political opponents look bad.

It's criminal how the liberals rewrite history. They've already rewritten the history of the Civil War to make their political opponents look bad.
Exactly how has the civil war been rewritten?

I am sure you are a smart guy...do some research! I hear that Google is your best friend. But then again, I doubt you will even do any researching. Of course, that just goes to show how dumb you are. :auiqs.jpg:

I am sure you are a smart guy...do some research! I hear that Google is your best friend. But then again, I doubt you will even do any researching. Of course, that just goes to show how dumb you are. :auiqs.jpg:
No, you google it. It's your claim. And by the way, whatever you believe in that wild imagination of yours, that google and the Democrats have rewritten about the civil war, doesn't exist. It's all lies that you are telling us, and you cannot prove me wrong.

Too much to unpack here but here we go. I know of no circumstance where a Democrat denied one's civil liberties to go against abortion? Do you even know what civil liberties actually means?

And the guidelines laid down by Democrat mayors and governors was for protection, not to deprive civil liberties. You do understand that door swings open both ways don't you? When you run around town without protection, you are violating my civil liberties by creating an unsafe environment. I can't get out because of your reckless behavior.

And what is your documented evidence Flynn was railroaded by the Obama administration? You don't have any do you?

100% complete uninformed nonsensical bullshit

Grandpa gave it a thumbs down, for the only argument he or she has. Meaning, there is no argument. Thanks!

Not if you can't manufacture an intelligent argument against it. Which you can't. And thanks for playing.

The libs in this thread are playing their usual games. I'm surprised they haven't played the race card yet.

The libs in this thread are playing their usual games. I'm surprised they haven't played the race card yet.
Your non-existent argument proves everything I said is spot on. Do you really think attacking me by inventing non-existent scenarios is going to hide your failures of locking horns with me on the substance? Not a chance.

Not if you can't manufacture an intelligent argument against it. Which you can't. And thanks for playing.
There is NOTHING in the constitution outlining individual protections or freedoms from a virus. Or fear of a virus. Or local governments ability to strip us of our constitutional rights.

You're a paranoid loon.

There is no vaccine. There is no cure. There is currently NOTHING available to kill this virus. Cowering in your homes is only prolonging the spread. You still have to have interpersonal contact with people unless you are living in a self contained biome. The whole point of staying at home was to slow the spread so as to allow medical facilities to be prepared and not be overwhelmed. Now we're so prepared we're shipping off excess supplies and machines and closing down facilities. Not to mention CRUSHING medical employees with layoffs.

You PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID

Personally, I have a tough time recalling the last time the Democrats stood up for anybody's civil liberties who weren't trying to get an abortion. That's been the party's holy grail since the 70s. It always seems to be Democratic leaning states like Illinois, California, my birth state of Massachusetts, etc. that have the most draconian laws and heavy handed enforcement of those laws not to mention exorbitant taxes, fees, and licensing requirements. During the current pandemic it's the Democratic governors and mayors, with a few exceptions, who have laid down the most authoritarian measures in their states and cities depriving people of their basic civil liberties with questionably legal edicts. They claim to be doing this in the name of science and saving lives, but enough evidence is out there now to show that simply isn't true. In the case of Andrew Cuomo, his orders have literally killed people. Either they're ignorant or on a power trip. I pondered in the CA-25 election thread as to how much influence, if any, California's lockdown had in determining the outcome of that special election last Tuesday. Everybody had that race as Lean D until a few days ahead of the election when they saw the disproportionate amount of ballots being returned by Republicans.

Now, they are covering for and defending the actions of rogue FBI agents and others within the Obama administration of their railroading of General Flynn and abdication of established protocols and basic civil rights.

The Blue Party’s Trump-era Embrace of Authoritarianism Isn’t Just Wrong, it’s a Fatal Political Mistake

Strawman fallacy, cherry-picking fallacy.

Matt Taibbi is clearly ignorant of the law; but he’s at liberty to contrive whatever ridiculous fantasy he likes.

There are no ‘violations’ of civil liberties concerning Flynn’s case.

And the other ‘misdeeds’ and ‘nefarious assaults’ on the Constitution Taibbi alleges Democrats have committed are all perfectly within the scope of First, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendment case law – no Constitutional rights ‘violated,’ no civil liberties ‘abandoned.’

• Love
Reactions: BWK

There is NOTHING in the constitution outlining individual protections or freedoms from a virus. Or fear of a virus. Or local governments ability to strip us of our constitutional rights.

You're a paranoid loon.

There is no vaccine. There is no cure. There is currently NOTHING available to kill this virus. Cowering in your homes is only prolonging the spread. You still have to have interpersonal contact with people unless you are living in a self contained biome. The whole point of staying at home was to slow the spread so as to allow medical facilities to be prepared and not be overwhelmed. Now we're so prepared we're shipping off excess supplies and machines and closing down facilities. Not to mention CRUSHING medical employees with layoffs.

You PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID
Wrong! Excess machines and supplies were sold off because Trump did not prioritize the defense production act. He turned into a mockery, and used it as leverage for profit. Remember, Corona virus was a hoax?

If you are endangering my mode of travel by not protecting yourself from the spread, you are violating my civil liberties by restricting my movements. You are endangering me. I don't need a virus to explain that reality to me. Get it?

If I'm the "paranoid Loon", then what do you call 90,000 dead people, and 1.5 million infected? A delusion?

And since when was "cowering in our homes prolonging the spread?" Are you a scientist now?

The guidelines laid down by democrat mayors and governors were to flatten the curve so hospitals would not be overrun. That was accomplished 3 weeks ago. At no time did they say we would keep everything closed until the virus is gone.

The guidelines laid down by democrat mayors and governors were to flatten the curve so hospitals would not be overrun. That was accomplished 3 weeks ago. At no time did they say we would keep everything closed until the virus is gone.
You do know this argument is a common sense argument where only one outcome is desired, and only one strategy will work. You do know that right? What is it about the Right? Do you think life is some fantasy, where you do A, and you are automatically awarded B? WTF ails you people? Seriously? Nature doesn't guarantee you anything with three week shut downs and social distancing. The virus tells you what you should be doing, not mayors and governors. You are scapegoating the mayors and governors who are trying to protect you, not rob you of your civil liberties. People, this is not that hard.

Forum List

Back