Democrats Have a Problem With Science, Too

I didn't know Newt being on boards made all Republicans or the majority of Republicans or a huge minority of Republicans "on board with climate change."

Man, all I have to do is find 1 Democrat (don;t even have to be a politician anymore seeing as you used Newt) who agrees with a Republican position and now Republicans and Democrats will both be on board with whatever topic I want.

You have been dumb for so long you can't even see how dumb you sound CC.

Employ the dumb act!

When Republicans believed in climate change | MSNBC

Dont watch the video. Instead employ the "I dont have time" act to embolden the dumb act

And yet not a single on of them ran on "global warming." In fact the ones that focused on the topic more failed harder.[/quote]

First it was only one...now you moved the goal posts to "they had to run on global warming". Riiiiight, If I pulled vid of them running on it you'd say they werent IN love with Global Warming :lol:

And for the record your video has about 6 examples of Republicans accepting anything to do with Republican.

Yes, 5 more examples than you were aware of because you are so well informed you thought only ONE accepted it. Now 6 aint enough. Put those goal posts down son

I'm not here to defend Republicans, I'm not a Republican, never was. But you still take the anti science view that humans are raising the temperatures of the planet seeing as for the last 16 years the temperature has remind the same and is starting to dip....

But grats, you have some of the most hated people on the Republican side as examples of a position you never held until (TA DA) a Democrat was elected.

There was never a "republicans are on board." you have small speeches randomly pulled from Republicans over the last 25ish years. Think about how hard you're trying and you will realize how stupid you sound.

Awww you're right, I pulled speeches from Republicans BUT you thought that only one republican was for it or you didnt know about it. :lol: Well now you're informed enough not to make that mistake again, right? :badgrin:

What the fuck is the political belief behind GMO's? You keep saying it but you dont know what it even means

That they are made by evil companies that wish to force people to eat poison foods that don't get stopped by Government due to buying politicians through corruption.

I personally do not want GMO's food.

I suggest you stop eating anything at all because everything you eat has been modified through the millennia that humans have been practicing agriculture.

The poll finds little difference between gopers and dems, and then flips to say this shows dems are anti-science. How strange. Moreover, Archer Daniel Midland remains skeptical of gmo. And we all now they lead dem. (not)

Report on Impacts of Genetically Engineered Products 2006 Archer Daniels Midland for Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)

The article did no such thing.

the article said there are questions. ANd ADM pays more for non AGO soy beans.

The pt isn't here nor there on GMO. IT'S THAT ITS NON POLITICAL

Conversely, you have a 2-1 split between gopers and the rest of the population on Global Warming and nat selection.

Man, all I have to do is find 1 Democrat (don;t even have to be a politician anymore seeing as you used Newt) who agrees with a Republican position and now Republicans and Democrats will both be on board with whatever topic I want.

You have been dumb for so long you can't even see how dumb you sound CC.

Employ the dumb act!

When Republicans believed in climate change | MSNBC

Dont watch the video. Instead employ the "I dont have time" act to embolden the dumb act

And yet not a single on of them ran on "global warming." In fact the ones that focused on the topic more failed harder.

First it was only one...now you moved the goal posts to "they had to run on global warming". Riiiiight, If I pulled vid of them running on it you'd say they werent IN love with Global Warming :lol:

And for the record your video has about 6 examples of Republicans accepting anything to do with Republican.

Yes, 5 more examples than you were aware of because you are so well informed you thought only ONE accepted it. Now 6 aint enough. Put those goal posts down son

I'm not here to defend Republicans, I'm not a Republican, never was. But you still take the anti science view that humans are raising the temperatures of the planet seeing as for the last 16 years the temperature has remind the same and is starting to dip....

But grats, you have some of the most hated people on the Republican side as examples of a position you never held until (TA DA) a Democrat was elected.

There was never a "republicans are on board." you have small speeches randomly pulled from Republicans over the last 25ish years. Think about how hard you're trying and you will realize how stupid you sound.

Awww you're right, I pulled speeches from Republicans BUT you thought that only one republican was for it or you didnt know about it. :lol: Well now you're informed enough not to make that mistake again, right? :badgrin:[/QUOTE]

It was never one you idiot, I'm done... And you never had "Republicans on board."

Why do you hate science and reality so much? Oh, because you're another mindless hate filled democrat.

The poll finds little difference between gopers and dems, and then flips to say this shows dems are anti-science. How strange. Moreover, Archer Daniel Midland remains skeptical of gmo. And we all now they lead dem. (not)

Report on Impacts of Genetically Engineered Products 2006 Archer Daniels Midland for Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)

Conversely, you have a 2-1 split between gopers and the rest of the population on Global Warming and nat selection.

The article did not flip anything, it showed that Republicans and Democrats are even on their attitudes toward science,a nd then showed that most anti-GMO activism is coming from grass roots Democrats, just like it showed that most anti AGW activism is coming top down activism among Republicans. The article then explained that, although this makes the Republican anti science more noticeable, and, perhaps, more effective, it does not mean that Democrats should be given a pass for their problems.

I know all of that because, unlike someone who is trying to say they are flipping things, I actually read the article and applied the critical thinking skills that Jake, and yourself, failed to engage.

From the OP article.

"Though some polling has shown GMO labeling support to be about equal among Republicans, Democrats and Independents, looking at GMO-related legislation tells another story.

The most publicized anti-GMO bill, California’s Proposition 37, was officially supported by the California Democratic Party and officially opposed by the California Republican Party. If you look at the sponsors of the various anti-GMO bills making their way through state legislatures—I’ve looked up every one—the vast, vast majority of sponsors are Democrats, with just a few Republicans sprinkled in. Even at the national level, anti-GMO sentiment is dominated by Democrats. It was Democratic Sen. Mark Begich, of Alaska, who called genetically engineered salmon “Frankenfish” in a 2011 letter, signed by seven Democratic senators, urging the Food and Drug Administration not to approve an application for the salmon."

Even though SCIENCE has shown that GMO foods are no more or less harmful than non-GMO foods, Democrats reject the science when legislating against GMO.......because it's "harmful". If the science isn't driving them, what is? Politics and ideology perchance?

Read more: Democrats Have a Problem With Science, Too - Tara Haelle - POLITICO Magazine

What the fuck is the political belief behind GMO's? You keep saying it but you dont know what it even means

There is no politics behind GMOs, there is science, the politics is all from the idiot that think GMOs are inherently dangerous despise the fact that not a single scientific study supports that conclusion.

When you say not one single study are you saying one doesnt exist that shows it or that you are too lazy to google it?

Ten Scientific Studies Prove that Genetically Modified Food Can Be Harmful To Human Health | Global Research

There are 10 right there. Do you want to change that to "there is not 11 scientific studies that support that"? Or you want more cushion like...42?

Institute for Responsible Technology - GMO Dangers

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) doesn’t think so. The Academy reported that “Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food,” including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, faulty insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. The AAEM asked physicians to advise patients to avoid GM foods.

Both sides have problems with this issue.

Too many conservatives believe critical thinking is a sin

Too many liberals believe that science answers everything.

Just the conservatives? Really? As the article points out, liberals reject science that doesn't fit their political beliefs too. How about we say that ideologs ignore critical thinking in favor of agenda?

Do you have trouble with understanding Both sides have problems with this issue.

There Once was a poster named Jake
A liar, a cheat and a Fake
His last name is Starkey
And He's Full of Malarkey
And he argues for Arguments Sake

From the OP article.

"Though some polling has shown GMO labeling support to be about equal among Republicans, Democrats and Independents, looking at GMO-related legislation tells another story.

The most publicized anti-GMO bill, California’s Proposition 37, was officially supported by the California Democratic Party and officially opposed by the California Republican Party. If you look at the sponsors of the various anti-GMO bills making their way through state legislatures—I’ve looked up every one—the vast, vast majority of sponsors are Democrats, with just a few Republicans sprinkled in. Even at the national level, anti-GMO sentiment is dominated by Democrats. It was Democratic Sen. Mark Begich, of Alaska, who called genetically engineered salmon “Frankenfish” in a 2011 letter, signed by seven Democratic senators, urging the Food and Drug Administration not to approve an application for the salmon."

Even though SCIENCE has shown that GMO foods are no more or less harmful than non-GMO foods, Democrats reject the science when legislating against GMO.......because it's "harmful". If the science isn't driving them, what is? Politics and ideology perchance?

Read more: Democrats Have a Problem With Science, Too - Tara Haelle - POLITICO Magazine

Republicans will allways tend to endorse actions that favor the promotion of Commerce, and employment . Democrats will endorse what ever Big Brother tells them to endorse.

I consider myself an eco-freak , I recycle , I practice organic gardening and generally avoid foods that have even suspected carcinogenic or potentially unhealthy amd un-natural properties. But there comes a point where you have to draw the line. The proof of Genetically Modified Organisms being environmemtally harmful, or unreasonably unhealthy are just not there.

There is no politics behind GMOs, there is science, the politics is all from the idiot that think GMOs are inherently dangerous despise the fact that not a single scientific study supports that conclusion.

When you say not one single study are you saying one doesnt exist that shows it or that you are too lazy to google it?

Ten Scientific Studies Prove that Genetically Modified Food Can Be Harmful To Human Health | Global Research

There are 10 right there. Do you want to change that to "there is not 11 scientific studies that support that"? Or you want more cushion like...42?

Interesting that you give the deniers credence on GMO when you won't extend the same
courtesy on climate change. Your partisanship is showing. Why do you hate and deny settled science? :eusa_whistle:

Just the conservatives? Really? As the article points out, liberals reject science that doesn't fit their political beliefs too. How about we say that ideologs ignore critical thinking in favor of agenda?

Do you have trouble with understanding Both sides have problems with this issue.

There Once was a poster named Jake
A liar, a cheat and a Fake
His last name is Starkey
And He's Full of Malarkey
And he argues for Arguments Sake

Thank you for the poemic admission you have failed. :lol:

Apparently you have a problem with the word scientific, what a surprise. I especially liked the one linking GMOs to gluten sensitivity, which only exists in the rare patient who actually has a specific disease, and is otherwise just bunk.

Interesting that you give the deniers credence on GMO when you won't extend the same
courtesy on climate change. Your partisanship is showing. Why do you hate and deny settled science? :eusa_whistle:

Want to know why? The people that say GMO's are fine work for the GMO's just like the people who deny GW work for the oil companies..

But but but...they are like, totally the same because....uh kwc says it is

Apparently you have a problem with the word scientific, what a surprise. I especially liked the one linking GMOs to gluten sensitivity, which only exists in the rare patient who actually has a specific disease, and is otherwise just bunk.

Thats not a rebuttal :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back