Democrats Dont You Dare...

What is good for the GOP opposition to Obama is going to be good for the Democratic opposition to Trump.

The dems and the courts will mess up any egregious excess in Trump executive orders.

The final sentence of the OP, while internally inconsistent with the premise, is correct: we may well all regret Bigly if the Dems don't push back on many of Trump's EOs.

Separations of powers and checks with balance is how our Republic operates.

Obstructionists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree that some of the GOP on the far right will try to obstruct a consensus of Trump, the minority Dems, and the mainstream GOP.

We need a much better plan.

Dont you dare give Trump any crap about whatever Executive orders he may issue.

You have been defending the most egregious usurpation of power in American history in peace time.

You have not one leg to stand on in criticizing any EOs that Trump puts out and he is going to bring a hailstorm of changes to EOs and the executive branch.

Now it is time for you to understand WHY allowing the President so much power is a very foolish thing to do even if you think he is your President.

Interesting. The RWnuts are now suddenly FOR executive orders. Magically they're not considered unconstitutional anymore?

lol, so it begins...
Mostly what Trump will do is cancel Obama's EOs. Are you going to claim that's unconstitutional?

No I'm going to claim that you will flip flop every time Trump issues an EO that you like.

I'm seeing it like this. I'm giving Trump a chance at making some positive changes. He says he can do it, so we will see. I saw the election as Hillary and the dems wanting to take something away from me, and Donald Trump promising to do something positive. That is what I took away from the election and that is how I made my decision when it came to my vote. Now, if he can keep his big mouth shut sometimes and keep his thoughts to himself and not embarrass us and if he can come through on some of the promises he has made to me and all the other Americans who voted for him, then we will be in a good place hopefully.

You have been defending the most egregious usurpation of power in American history in peace time.

You have not one leg to stand on in criticizing any EOs that Trump puts out and he is going to bring a hailstorm of changes to EOs and the executive branch.

Now it is time for you to understand WHY allowing the President so much power is a very foolish thing to do even if you think he is your President.

Interesting. The RWnuts are now suddenly FOR executive orders. Magically they're not considered unconstitutional anymore?

lol, so it begins...

Yep - we're going to see even more lying and hypocrisy from the likes of the OP.
obama-cries.png

lol, so it begins...

Yep - we're going to see even more lying and hypocrisy from the likes of the OP.
obama-cries.png

it39s-my-turn-to-be-president-Bill-promised-me-meme-30717.jpg

lol, so it begins...

obama-cries.png

it39s-my-turn-to-be-president-Bill-promised-me-meme-30717.jpg
The Clintons are the most repugnant of people... fact

With majorities in the Senate and the House, let's get moving on Trump's First 100 days plan. It is a fantastic plan and will lay the groundwork for positive change.

Slash and burn is not a "plan". Indeed, he has no plan for anything except sucking up to Pooting.

The RWNJ traitors are thrilled.
Patriots, not so much.

I'm seeing it like this. I'm giving Trump a chance at making some positive changes. He says he can do it, so we will see. I saw the election as Hillary and the dems wanting to take something away from me, and Donald Trump promising to do something positive. That is what I took away from the election and that is how I made my decision when it came to my vote. Now, if he can keep his big mouth shut sometimes and keep his thoughts to himself and not embarrass us and if he can come through on some of the promises he has made to me and all the other Americans who voted for him, then we will be in a good place hopefully.

All through this campaign, I've been amazed at the way the right and left saw and heard such different messages. This post ^^ really shows that.

All through this campaign, I've been amazed at the way the right and left saw and heard such different messages. This post ^^ really shows that.

I'm a centrist and that was how I viewed the election.

The federal government gives you massive tax breaks just for having kids. Is that out of its jurisdiction?

No it is 1) the penalties that they will give you via the IRS if you dont get insurance, and 2) the unConstitutional increase in taxes via a bill that started in the SENATE instead of the House which all revenue bills are supposed to do.

Maybe the GOP House can find a real leader with some balls in the next session.

Who then? I mean you are right about having

lol, so it begins...

obama-cries.png

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting Bammer and trump have. I bet Bamber offers to throw hillary under the bus if Trump promises not to sit all over his legacy.

With majorities in the Senate and the House, let's get moving on Trump's First 100 days plan. It is a fantastic plan and will lay the groundwork for positive change.

Slash and burn is not a "plan". Indeed, he has no plan for anything except sucking up to Pooting.

The RWNJ traitors are thrilled.
Patriots, not so much.
You're missing the point, this was a election and a Repudiation of the establishment.
To the tea party or whatever you want to call it had a huge part in gaining the presidency, the house and the senate - along with State houses and governorships. Gains in every possible way because the anti-establishment movement in this country. We still have a unpayable debt but it seems someone actually cares about that now

Yup.

Somewhere someone is making a list of Obama's EO's. I'd expect a good many of them to have a fairly limited shelf life at this point. I'd have to see that list to see which ones I'd pitch over the side on Day 1, but I'm sure there are plenty.

We'll see if that practice carries forward. I thought it was a slippery slope for Obama to tread and still do. I'm more in keeping with a checks and balances type system than this continued consolidation in the President's powers.

Once those types of doors are opened that expand powers for a given branch, they are damnably hard to shut, however, so we'll see if the majority in Congress, which was Obama's excuse, is enough to put things back on what I view as a more constitutional path....

In fact, with the exception of immigration, my RIGHTS (specifically the 2nd amendment - that is the one under attack currently), and taxes, I would consider myself more leaning to the left. I would say that I am probably more a classical liberal in that sense though. It just so happens that the three issues I agree more with the right than the left on, are the more important issues to me.

I am also very interested to see what Donald does about government waste and the filthy out of control spending that goes on. He is probably very knowledgeable when it comes to getting rid of wasteful spending.

The federal government gives you massive tax breaks just for having kids. Is that out of its jurisdiction?

No it is 1) the penalties that they will give you via the IRS if you dont get insurance, and 2) the unConstitutional increase in taxes via a bill that started in the SENATE instead of the House which all revenue bills are supposed to do.

Maybe the GOP House can find a real leader with some balls in the next session.

Who then? I mean you are right about having

lol, so it begins...

obama-cries.png

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting Bammer and trump have. I bet Bamber offers to throw hillary under the bus if Trump promises not to sit all over his legacy.

The President should open the meeting by quietly taking Trump aside and saying,

you know, I'm not stepping down...

lol, so it begins...

Just wait till he LIVES on the golf course, is always dealing with his own business, etc.

The President should open the meeting by quietly taking Trump aside and saying,
you know, I'm not stepping down...
that would translate into American Revolt and millions dead by 2020.

Dont think he wants that.

It started with Bush stupid. But I'm willing to let Trump do whatever he wants for at least 2 years. The country is yours.

lol, so it begins...

Just wait till he LIVES on the golf course, is always dealing with his own business, etc.

The RWhinies will say 'yeah but, it was okay when Obama did it!!!'

Forum List

Back