Democrats Dont You Dare...

And the federal government has NO business trying to mandate health care. That is totally out of their jurisdiction! This is what is so upsetting to people, democrats! LISTEN.

They didn't mandate healthcare. They just gave you a tax break if you can prove you have it.
Huh? You live in Bizzarro land. If you don't have it they punish you. And they've mandated coverage so many ins. companies are bailing out.

You get punished for not having kids. What's the difference.

The steps the feds took about healthcare did NOTHING to control the actual COSTS of healthcare. Their plan (just like all their plans) solve NOTHING and are the equivalent of putting a Band Aid on a wound that is bleeding out!

What is good for the GOP opposition to Obama is going to be good for the Democratic opposition to Trump.

The dems and the courts will mess up any egregious excess in Trump executive orders.

The final sentence of the OP, while internally inconsistent with the premise, is correct: we may well all regret Bigly if the Dems don't push back on many of Trump's EOs.

Separations of powers and checks with balance is how our Republic operates.

Obstructionists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the federal government has NO business trying to mandate health care. That is totally out of their jurisdiction! This is what is so upsetting to people, democrats! LISTEN.

They didn't mandate healthcare. They just gave you a tax break if you can prove you have it.

Lol is all I can say about this silly post.

Go argue with the Supreme Court.

Trump has to appoint his stooges first.

Huh? You live in Bizzarro land. If you don't have it they punish you. And they've mandated coverage so many ins. companies are bailing out.

You get a break for having kids, because it's expensive as hell and the little crumb snatchers grow up to pay taxes and work.

I'm willing to bet another reason why the dems lost so badly is because of their views on our 2nd amendment right. They have absolutely no respect for it and that is not surprising, given that it's PURPOSE was to make the government feel uncomfortable. Lol. :D

I think Trump will rely heavily on executive orders

Not only because of Democratic opposition but his lack of Republican support in Congress

Like Obama. Trump is free to press the envelope as far as he can get away with. The courts will decide if he is within his authority
"I think" ummm credibility? :lol:

Allowing some other guy to keep more of his money while you get to also keep more of yours, but less than the first guy, is not to punish anyone.

They BOTH WIN.

You get nothing if you have health insurance except for health insurance. If you do NOT get health insurance, you are fined in the form of a "tax." The people are tired of these underhanded tactics and tired of the feds getting involved in things that are not in their jurisdiction and calling it a "tax." This is WHY you are losing democrats! Pay attention and come out of your social justice warrior bubble!

Great points, and it made me think of a possibility for killing Obamacare. Let's assume that another Justice (I pick Ginsburg) leaves the bench very soon. That gives the clown 2 appointments. They could now declare Obamacare unconstitutional. Trump could do away with BO's signature legislation by simply appointing judges who will uphold the constitution.

I still can't believe Trump pulled off the victory though. I was absolutely stunned when I found out. I really thought Hillary was going to win with electoral votes (I thought Trump would win by popular vote). Wow! The people have spoken loudly and clearly that we have had enough of these establishment politicians who think that they are beyond the law and seem to see themselves more as monarchs than public servants.

Allowing some other guy to keep more of his money while you get to also keep more of yours, but less than the first guy, is not to punish anyone.

They BOTH WIN.

People with kids get a thousand bucks per kid right off their tax bill. You owe $2000 before credits, you got two kids, you take that credit, you owe zero in federal tax.

How is that not a penalty for people who don't have kids?

What is good for the GOP opposition to Obama is going to be good for the Democratic opposition to Trump.

The dems and the courts will mess up any egregious excess in Trump executive orders.

The final sentence of the OP, while internally inconsistent with the premise, is correct: we may well all regret Bigly if the Dems don't push back on many of Trump's EOs.

Separations of powers and checks with balance is how our Republic operates.

Jake- you missed the last 2 years. The reason the clown is president is because the spineless GOP controlled congress didn't provide enough opposition to BO. They whined about his ExO's, but didn't have the balls to stand up to him.
I missed nothing. The GOP did not push back; they should have. The Dems will push back, and they will use the courts to stand up to him.

Let's assume that another Justice (I pick Ginsburg) leaves the bench very soon. That gives the clown 2 appointments.
Trump has been the only candidate to have never won an election or even have run one ever before in his life, walk into the PResidential election stone cold and win it against all the expert opinions, all the polls and all the odds. That is like some amateur walking into a professional chess tournament and winning first prize in his first ever tournament.

And yet you still call Trump a "clown"?

Dude, you are not making Trump look like the clown here.

You get nothing if you have health insurance except for health insurance. If you do NOT get health insurance, you are fined in the form of a "tax." The people are tired of these underhanded tactics and tired of the feds getting involved in things that are not in their jurisdiction and calling it a "tax." This is WHY you are losing democrats! Pay attention and come out of your social justice warrior bubble!

Great points, and it made me think of a possibility for killing Obamacare. Let's assume that another Justice (I pick Ginsburg) leaves the bench very soon. That gives the clown 2 appointments. They could now declare Obamacare unconstitutional. Trump could do away with BO's signature legislation by simply appointing judges who will uphold the constitution.

I wouldn't be against Obamacare if the "mandatory" clause was not in there. I do believe we need a good solid plan. I don't want to see poor families (and especially children) go without medical care because it's not affordable. The economy is really not that great (with mostly part time or temp jobs available that do not provide health insurance), and there are always those people who are above poverty but still not making enough money to keep up with their health expenses. The problem is that Obamacare does not do anything to bring down the costs of medical care. I know that is a very complicated issue that may never be solved, but if we can get some smart people together who really understand the issues and not a bunch of talking heads and "yes" men, then maybe we could make some headway at lowering the actual costs of healthcare.

WRONG! That turned buying health insurance into a tax.

No, buying health insurance gives you health insurance. As a bonus, you get a tax cut.

People with kids get a thousand bucks per kid right off their tax bill. You owe $2000 before credits, you got two kids, you take that credit, you owe zero in federal tax.
How is that not a penalty for people who don't have kids?
Because they are still paying the same amount regardless of what the other couple is getting.

So by your logic, if parents had to PAY MORE taxes, then they are getting screwed over by the guy who doesnt have to pay extra?

Not everything is a zero sum game, dude.

Let's assume that another Justice (I pick Ginsburg) leaves the bench very soon. That gives the clown 2 appointments.
Trump has been the only candidate to have never won an election or even have run one ever before in his life, walk into the PResidential election stone cold and win it against all the expert opinions, all the polls and all the odds. That is like some amateur walking into a professional chess tournament and winning first prize in his first ever tournament.

And yet you still call Trump a "clown"?

Dude, you are not making Trump look like the clown here.

Yes, when you put it that way, it's even more amazing. The parties can go on and keep ignoring the people at their own peril. :)

Dont you dare give Trump any crap about whatever Executive orders he may issue.

You have been defending the most egregious usurpation of power in American history in peace time.

You have not one leg to stand on in criticizing any EOs that Trump puts out and he is going to bring a hailstorm of changes to EOs and the executive branch.

Now it is time for you to understand WHY allowing the President so much power is a very foolish thing to do even if you think he is your President.

Interesting. The RWnuts are now suddenly FOR executive orders. Magically they're not considered unconstitutional anymore?

lol, so it begins...
Mostly what Trump will do is cancel Obama's EOs. Are you going to claim that's unconstitutional?

Forum List

Back