Democrats Don't Understand The Economy

Apparently, neither does the Fed as they keep pumping money to prime the pump, while Republicans spend it on endless wars and cut taxes for the people making the most marginal income, not displaying much understanding or logic either.

But - what democrats ARE good at is politics, hand in glove with the media and academia, they are great at broadcasting what is wrong with the world (in their opinion) and blaming the GOP for it. They are good at creating divisions with in our society and playing their side against the other, be it black against white, rich against poor, men against women, and on and on. And of course the repubs are perforce doing the same thing and here we are, a divided country. The democrats are great at promising everything but not delivering; how much longer should we continue to throw trillions of dollars at societal problems like poverty and education with no tangible results?

White 6 I agree except that both parties do their best to keep the war machine well fed. The cynic in me says Biden's Afghanistan disaster was not a mistake but by design to create the next American foe, the Taliban-Al Qaeda-Isis army.

White 6 I agree except that both parties do their best to keep the war machine well fed. The cynic in me says Biden's Afghanistan disaster was not a mistake but by design to create the next American foe, the Taliban-Al Qaeda-Isis army.
We may have created them but as a byproduct years ago of our Middle East and Southwest Asian policy as a whole. Disaster in Afghanistan was carved in stone by George W. Bush, with no change in direction by Obama and trump. Joe just called a definitive halt to the farce. It never had a chance of success, any more than our disastrous policy in Vietnam. Our ongoing work (if you can call it that) does not look to good in Iraq, either. Maybe we suck at nation building. Remaking governments and societies isn't as easy as it sounds on paper, if you are not involve in selling the tools and services or if it is your society the US is trying to transform, yet you are used to your society, your religion, your ways of living.

How should tax cuts be structured?
Progressively, but not stiflingly and tax breaks, severely curtailed. Shouldn't be a virtually free ride at top or bottom. No way to do it, though, nor will there ever be. You'll never see a flat tax, either. Certainly will not see one without tax breaks and tax breaks go to the top, as they are the ones that feed political campaigns and pay lobbyist. I just pay what I pay and don't spend much time worrying about it really. I just write the checks mostly and try to have a good time.

Progressively, but not stiflingly and tax breaks, severely curtailed. Shouldn't be a virtually free ride at top or bottom. No way to do it, though, nor will there ever be. You'll never see a flat tax, either. Certainly will not see one without tax breaks and tax breaks go to the top, as they are the ones that feed political campaigns and pay lobbyist. I just pay what I pay and don't spend much time worrying about it really. I just write the checks mostly and try to have a good time.

Progressively, but not stiflingly

What would a progressive tax cut look like?

and tax breaks, severely curtailed.

Which "tax breaks" should be curtailed?

Shouldn't be a virtually free ride at top or bottom.

A huge portion at the bottom pay zero federal income tax already.

Certainly will not see one without tax breaks and tax breaks go to the top

We can't cut taxes below zero at the bottom, can we?

Progressively, but not stiflingly

What would a progressive tax cut look like?

and tax breaks, severely curtailed.

Which "tax breaks" should be curtailed?

Shouldn't be a virtually free ride at top or bottom.

A huge portion at the bottom pay zero federal income tax already.

Certainly will not see one without tax breaks and tax breaks go to the top

We can't cut taxes below zero at the bottom, can we?
Progressive is supposedly what we have now as opposed to flat across the board.

Naturally, curtail tax breaks that don't apply to me, but that is what is wrong with everybody's ideas of applying or cutting tax breaks. I am not qualified to propose, much less write tax law.

Everybody should have skin in the game. Welfare programs should be separate from income tax.

Can't cut taxes below zero at the bottom? I thought we already had, and that some in the lowest level often got back more in refund, than they ever paid in during a tax year. If this is not correct, don't everybody start hating on me, as I'm not trying to be mean. It is just my understanding, right or wrong.

Democrats don't understand human nature. Economics and human nature should coexist naturally.
That is only in the animal world and sometimes not even then.

Naturally, curtail tax breaks that don't apply to me, but that is what is wrong with everybody's ideas of applying or cutting tax breaks. I am not qualified to propose, much less write tax law.

Everybody should have skin in the game. Welfare programs should be separate from income tax.

Can't cut taxes below zero at the bottom? I thought we already had, and that some in the lowest level often got back more in refund, than they ever paid in during a tax year. If this is not correct, don't everybody start hating on me, as I'm not trying to be mean. It is just my understanding, right or wrong.

Ours is probably the most progressive of the OECD tax systems.

I thought we already had, and that some in the lowest level often got back more in refund, than they ever paid in during a tax year.

Sounds progressive to me.

Ours is probably the most progressive of the OECD tax systems.

I thought we already had, and that some in the lowest level often got back more in refund, than they ever paid in during a tax year.

Sounds progressive to me.
If true, it mixes income tax with welfare, masking the spending on both.

All politicians (Dem and GOP) probably are paying interest on their credit cards because spending money that they don't have is in their DNA.

My wife must be a politician.

Forum List

Back