Democrats did not oppose/attack China Travel restrictions

The Fox News article quoted is pretty pathetic.

OH STOP! YOU HAVE WATCHED VIDEOS OF BIDEN, PELOS, AND OTHERS OPPOSING THE TRAVEL BAN, HAVE WATCHED BIDEN ADMIT TO EXTORTING THE PREVIOUS UKRAINE PM ON VIDEOTAPE, AND YOU STILL LIE YOUR ASS OFF, CLAIMING IT NEVER HAPPENED. LISTENI NG TO ANYTHING YOU SAY AFTER THAT BIT POF MOMUMENTOUS DENIAL IS POINTLESS....
The only video of Pelosi I’ve seen is her describing a ban on several countries in Africa, which was totally unrelated. The lying Trump supoorters have been trying to pass that off as evidence she oppose travel restrictions to China.

See, you guys have a pattern of pointing to videos and then adding in words and phrases that don’t exist.

Just like you did with Ukraine. I feel bad. You’ve been abused by your leaders.

Lies. You can’t quote an attack on the China Travel Restrictions from leadership. Here’s what liars do:
  • Claim Pelosi was against the travel ban when the travel ban she opposed was the Muslim ban before China restrictions were announced .
  • Claim Biden was against the ban when the only comment they can find is Biden saying to lead with science and not xenophobia and fear. He never attacked the travel restrictions.
Lies lies and more lies from the right. All you can find are right wing articles claiming Democrats opposed it... not actual opposition.

Wake up righties. You’re being lied to.

“Dr. Fauci said it was a scientific medical decision. I have a great confidence in Dr. Fauci,” Pelosi said.

Pelosi questioned why the United Kingdom, which is outside the free-travel Schengen area, was exempted, but said she did not want to focus on criticizing Trump.

“I think it’s a good step, absolutely,” said Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, a Democrat in a tough re-election fight.

“The fact of the matter is we’re going to have to take some very serious steps,” Jones told The Post. “And I think the administration started that yesterday. I wish they would have started things a little bit earlier.”

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) told The Post, “It seems like of the 35 states that now have coronaviruses, 30 of them have originated in Europe, so I think it’s a wise move.”

Why would anyone oppose banning travel from any country with an outbreak in the pandemic? Although 430K people came here FROM CHINA AFTER TRUMP'S BAN, so I wouldn't hand out stars for his DEFEATING THE VIRUS

Lies. You can’t quote an attack on the China Travel Restrictions from leadership. Here’s what liars do:
  • Claim Pelosi was against the travel ban when the travel ban she opposed was the Muslim ban before China restrictions were announced .
  • Claim Biden was against the ban when the only comment they can find is Biden saying to lead with science and not xenophobia and fear. He never attacked the travel restrictions.
Lies lies and more lies from the right. All you can find are right wing articles claiming Democrats opposed it... not actual opposition.

“Dr. Fauci said it was a scientific medical decision. I have a great confidence in Dr. Fauci,” Pelosi said.

Pelosi questioned why the United Kingdom, which is outside the free-travel Schengen area, was exempted, but said she did not want to focus on criticizing Trump.

“I think it’s a good step, absolutely,” said Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, a Democrat in a tough re-election fight.

“The fact of the matter is we’re going to have to take some very serious steps,” Jones told The Post. “And I think the administration started that yesterday. I wish they would have started things a little bit earlier.”

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) told The Post, “It seems like of the 35 states that now have coronaviruses, 30 of them have originated in Europe, so I think it’s a wise move.”

Why would anyone oppose banning travel from any country with an outbreak in the pandemic? Although 430K people came here FROM CHINA AFTER TRUMP'S BAN, so I wouldn't hand out stars for his DEFEATING THE VIRUS
Sanders did. Explicitly during his Town Hall. Ask him.

The Fox News article quoted is pretty pathetic.

OH STOP! YOU HAVE WATCHED VIDEOS OF BIDEN, PELOS, AND OTHERS OPPOSING THE TRAVEL BAN, HAVE WATCHED BIDEN ADMIT TO EXTORTING THE PREVIOUS UKRAINE PM ON VIDEOTAPE, AND YOU STILL LIE YOUR ASS OFF, CLAIMING IT NEVER HAPPENED. LISTENI NG TO ANYTHING YOU SAY AFTER THAT BIT POF MOMUMENTOUS DENIAL IS POINTLESS....
The only video of Pelosi I’ve seen is her describing a ban on several countries in Africa, which was totally unrelated. The lying Trump supoorters have been trying to pass that off as evidence she oppose travel restrictions to China.

See, you guys have a pattern of pointing to videos and then adding in words and phrases that don’t exist.

You mean our leaders? Are we all in this together? Virus doesn't discriminate.

You suck at lying....but you're even worse trying to spin the claim Biden never bragged about extorting the previous Ukraine PM....

Fauci is an idiot who supports the gates foundation and vaccinating everyone and ID'ing them. Screw em both. I aint buying their snake oil.

can somebody find a link in chinese for this enemy agent? he obviously cannot read english....
There is no link. That’s why you are beside yourself. It’s all a lie. I posted fucking quotes from the time. You guys post partisan headlines where the info doesn’t match.
Liar
Bot. If you were a human you’d be embarrassed to not have a rational response that includes a single fucking quote from a democratic leader stating they opposed China travel ban.

Maybe not a leader but two in the House of Reps made remarks:

So things have been said by Democrats that you refuse to acknowledge because you know stuff has been uttered by those like House Rep. Eliot L. Engle and was not rebuked by Democrat Leadership...
the democrat-controlled house was creating legislation to resend Trump's ban
Where do you get that? I am fine if you don’t like the attempt to limit congressional oversight of executive travel bans. It’s a fine debate. But that doesn’t relate to the China travel ban. There was no legislation to overturn the Chinese travel restrictions. Read your link.

At the Sanders town hall, he was specifically asked about it and said he would not do it. Google it. Sanders is a Leftist but still a Democrat.

That’s just not true. The question was about “closing down the borders”. It was in no way “specifically” about travel restrictions to China.

I’m no fan of that old fool Biden or of the Democratic Party leadership, but most Trump supporters here are utterly misrepresenting them and their response to the Coronavirus travel restrictions. These distortions have been repeated a thousand times in rightwing press headlines and by alt-right talking heads, in a manner reminiscent of the very worse Democratic exaggerations that Trump ... is an agent of Putin.
Those who correctly point out this distortion by Trump supporters are often denounced here as “agents of China” or “enemies of America.” That attitude is what most infuriates me.

The whole thing reminds me of when Trump said he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey on TV cheering the WTC attack. He saw it with his own eyes! He was absolutely convinced... But it never happened.

The restrictions announced on travel by the Trump administration on Jan. 31 and put into effect Feb. 2 were entirely reasonable precautions. Scientists like Fauci publicly argued for them at the time. Trump’s error was afterward, when he wasted many crucial weeks, refusing to heed the warnings of his experts that we were still inevitably going to be hit.

There are no easy decisions dealing with epidemics, especially when economic and medical counsel seem to conflict. But our leaders must at least listen carefully to all scientific advice, and both they and we should be careful not to slander those who have a different perspective, or belong to a different party.

Last edited:

You suck at lying....but you're even worse trying to spin the claim Biden never bragged about extorting the previous Ukraine PM....

I see a video of Biden working in the best interests of the United States by making our taxpayer dollars contingent on the removal of a corrupt official who would have those dollars wasted.

I see that because that’s what the evidence shows is true.

You believe something very different because you were told to believe it.

I see a video of Biden working in the best interests of the United States by making our taxpayer dollars contingent on the removal of a corrupt official who would have those dollars wasted.

I see that because that’s what the evidence shows is true.

You believe something very different because you were told to believe it.

'Nuff said from YOU, lil' snowflake. :p

Schiff - and Pelosi - would have given his left nut to have as much evidence against Trump during their Impeachment coup attempt as Joe Biden gave regarding his own crime in this video in which he explains exactly how he criminally extorted the Ukraine PM.

Bwuhahahahahahahahahaha!

Probably the best, most balanced link in this discussion was provided by Trump-supporter Bruce T. Laney. I don’t at all agree with Mr. Laney’s politics, but I think his link is very much worth reading:

At the Sanders town hall, he was specifically asked about it and said he would not do it. Google it. Sanders is a Leftist but still a Democrat.

That’s just not true. The question was about “closing down the borders”. It was in no way “specifically” about travel restrictions to China.
Right. He meant borders for everyone. Including China and Sanders said “no”. I watched It live and it was based on what Trump did with China. That was the precursor to the question.

Uhm closing down borders means exactly what he said.

Right. He meant borders for everyone. Including China and Sanders said “no”. I watched It live and it was based on what Trump did with China. That was the precursor to the question.

Don’t wiggle out of this. You may want to go back and watch the video. I just did. The precursor to the question was actually a discussion about taxes on wealthy admits the economic crisis and whether billionaires doing charitable things is sufficient reason not to raise their taxes.

The question about closing the borders was a rather abrupt turn from that conversation. The question, in its entirety, was “if you had to, would you close the border?” There is no way to portray that question as “specifically” about Trump’s travel restrictions implemented in January. It was about a total shutdown, which would be an extreme step, one which we still have not done to this day.

This isn’t about a matter of opinion. The question was not specifically about any particular action Trump had taken. It was about hypothetically closing down the entire border.

Uhm closing down borders means exactly what he said.

No, it doesn’t. It means ending all international travel in and out of the country. That is far from “exactly“ what he said.

It’s like whack-a-mole. Another one of you faceless troll bots with nothing to add but insults. I’ve posted nothing but facts and the reason you can’t refute any other way besides an insult is because it’s true and your world would be rocked if you gave up your beliefs for truth. Look at the man behind your curtain. Republicans lie to their own.

Forum List

Back