Democrats destroyed the lives of these children in Baltimore, will they ever pay for the damage?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This story could be about the education system in any democrat party controlled city…….an education system run by the democrat party teachers unions, supported by the democrat party politicians. These children have just about zero chance at life, because the democrat party teachers unions have taken our money and failed to educate these children………….

Last year you may recall there was a local news story about a high school in Baltimore where a student with a 0.13 GPA turned out to be roughly in the middle of his class. In other words, nearly half the students in his grade had a GPA that was lower than 0.13. How was that possible?
———-
The local reporter followed up that initial story with a whole series of reports which suggested the answer to that question was organized fraud by teachers and administrators. In fact, the school was enrolling so-called “ghost students” in classes that they never attended, apparently as a way to claim more resources from the state.
——-
Last month reporter Chris Papst came back with another report based on new documents which showed a majority of freshmen entering that high school were reading at an elementary school level:

The data we received is from before the COVID shutdowns. During the 2018-2019 school year, 48 Augusta Fells juniors took the reading test, 11 tested at a third-grade reading level. In that same year, out of 54 tenth graders tested, 27 were reading at a third or fourth-grade level. We don’t know where the other half tested. City Schools won’t release the data. Fifty-five freshman took the reading test during the 2017-2018 school year, and well over half, at least 39, were reading at elementary school levels.

This story could be about the education system in any democrat party controlled city…….an education system run by the democrat party teachers unions, supported by the democrat party politicians. These children have just about zero chance at life, because the democrat party teachers unions have taken our money and failed to educate these children………….

Last year you may recall there was a local news story about a high school in Baltimore where a student with a 0.13 GPA turned out to be roughly in the middle of his class. In other words, nearly half the students in his grade had a GPA that was lower than 0.13. How was that possible?
———-
The local reporter followed up that initial story with a whole series of reports which suggested the answer to that question was organized fraud by teachers and administrators. In fact, the school was enrolling so-called “ghost students” in classes that they never attended, apparently as a way to claim more resources from the state.
——-
Last month reporter Chris Papst came back with another report based on new documents which showed a majority of freshmen entering that high school were reading at an elementary school level:

When the National Divorce happens, taxpayers who actually raise their children to be human will be free of the parasites.

Teachers unions have been an anchor on education and the American taxpayer for decades. We should use anything we can to break these evil organizations up. COVID response, pushing CRT, unaccountability, poor education outcomes and insanely inflated costs are a few of the areas where teachers unions are failing miserably.

Why are you surprised? Remember this POS former mayor of Killemmore?

60eyey.jpg

———-
——-

So, playing devil's advocate here, what would you do to improve the situation?

Teachers unions have been an anchor on education and the American taxpayer for decades. We should use anything we can to break these evil organizations up. COVID response, pushing CRT, unaccountability, poor education outcomes and insanely inflated costs are a few of the areas where teachers unions are failing miserably.
So my teachers unions, who did nothing more than collective bargaining and defended teacher's against malicious administrators and parents were an anchor on education?

Put your broad brush away because my school districts were controlled by Republican governors, and Republican-appointed state boards of education, not the unions.

So, playing devil's advocate here, what would you do to improve the situation?

School vouchers......you give the parents the money for the child to send the kid wherever they want the kid to go and they won't be trapped by simply living in a location with a horrible school.

And yes, I know, not everyone will take advantage of it...but a lot of parents will......and it forces the public schools to compete..with each other and with private schools as well.....and it will create new schools that will actually educate children.

If you have a special needs child, you get a bigger voucher......

Then you work on helping people keep fathers in the home.....that is a much bigger problem that will be a lot harder to solve.

So my teachers unions, who did nothing more than collective bargaining and defended teacher's against malicious administrators and parents were an anchor on education?

Put your broad brush away because my school districts were controlled by Republican governors, and Republican-appointed state boards of education, not the unions.

Yeah......on the flip side they are the ones protecting horrible teachers and hiding the fact that the kids they pass through the school can't read, write or do basic math.....the teachers unions fight any attempt at fixing the schools....so sell that teachers unions are saints crap to biden voters.

———-
——-

It's the Great Society. It was designed to create a permanent underclass and it worked almost perfectly

School vouchers......you give the parents the money for the child to send the kid wherever they want the kid to go and they won't be trapped by simply living in a location with a horrible school.

And yes, I know, not everyone will take advantage of it...but a lot of parents will......and it forces the public schools to compete..with each other and with private schools as well.....and it will create new schools that will actually educate children.

If you have a special needs child, you get a bigger voucher......

Then you work on helping people keep fathers in the home.....that is a much bigger problem that will be a lot harder to solve.
As has been pointed out many times on this forum, private and parochial schools cannot handle any more students that they already have.

The simplest suggestion I have to counter that argument is, if you don't like the schools, move!

I was in the Navy and my kids attended school in Rhode Island, Florida, Virginia and Kentucky. Only in Rhode Island was my daughter required to attend a perfect school because I had to live in base housing and every kid that attended there was an officer's child. Everywhere else, before deciding where to live, we checked out the schools. Only once did we decide against living in a certain school's attendance zone. We moved to another school on the other side of the county and paid more rent to ensure they went to good schools.

Yeah......on the flip side they are the ones protecting horrible teachers and hiding the fact that the kids they pass through the school can't read, write or do basic math.....the teachers unions fight any attempt at fixing the schools....so sell that teachers unions are saints crap to biden voters.
They are not protecting horrible teachers. Administrators must allow teachers due process, and that where they often fail. I personally fired several teachers for poor performance and did so by ensuring I had my ducks in a row. Most of you nimrods who know nothing about education except your own poor performance as a student, would fire a teacher without due process. That is like stripping you doctor's license to practice medicine because he wore black socks with sandals.

As has been pointed out many times on this forum, private and parochial schools cannot handle any more students that they already have.

The simplest suggestion I have to counter that argument is, if you don't like the schools, move!

I was in the Navy and my kids attended school in Rhode Island, Florida, Virginia and Kentucky. Only in Rhode Island was my daughter required to attend a perfect school because I had to live in base housing and every kid that attended there was an officer's child. Everywhere else, before deciding where to live, we checked out the schools. Only once did we decide against living in a certain school's attendance zone. We moved to another school on the other side of the county and paid more rent to ensure they went to good schools.

As has been pointed out...you give parents vouchers and new schools will open up....it's called capitalism.....

in a certain school's attendance zone.

And right there is the problem...you are a poor kid you get stuck in a crappy school because that is the only school you are allowed to go to if you can't afford religious or private school....vouchers change that.....and that lousy school better improve because they no longer have a captive school population that are stuck with them no matter how badly they fail their students.

The simplest suggestion isn't "move," since poor people can't do that....how about you get the voucher, send your kids wherever they can go.....and then you just have to worry about getting them there, and a lot of schools will help you out with that......

I have a retired friend who is a school bus driver.....he picks kids up close to 25 miles away from the religious school.....

Vouchers will fix most of our education problem.

They are not protecting horrible teachers. Administrators must allow teachers due process, and that where they often fail. I personally fired several teachers for poor performance and did so by ensuring I had my ducks in a row. Most of you nimrods who know nothing about education except your own poor performance as a student, would fire a teacher without due process. That is like stripping you doctor's license to practice medicine because he wore black socks with sandals.

No.....we would fire a teacher who performed badly in less than 10 years............

Funny how private and religious schools seem to be able to educate children without the "dance of the lemons," for bad teachers..

As has been pointed out...you give parents vouchers and new schools will open up....it's called capitalism.....

in a certain school's attendance zone.

And right there is the problem...you are a poor kid you get stuck in a crappy school because that is the only school you are allowed to go to if you can't afford religious or private school....vouchers change that.....and that lousy school better improve because they no longer have a captive school population that are stuck with them no matter how badly they fail their students.

The simplest suggestion isn't "move," since poor people can't do that....how about you get the voucher, send your kids wherever they can go.....and then you just have to worry about getting them there, and a lot of schools will help you out with that......

I have a retired friend who is a school bus driver.....he picks kids up close to 25 miles away from the religious school.....

Vouchers will fix most of our education problem.
OK, have you looked at Florida's voucher programs that was declared in violation of the state Constitution?

Nothing changed when it was allowed. The only schools that opened were mismanaged so badly they usually shuttered their doors before Thanksgiving. A Catholic high school in my city took 10 years from the initial idea to having the first student walk through the door. The planning was all done before vouchers. That was in response to a waiting list that exceeded the capacity of the one and only Catholic High School in the city. By the time it was finished, there were no vouchers anymore. Even then, the new and old high schools had another school's capacity waiting lists for students trying to get in! They could have had two more high schools and there still would not be enough capacity.

Why were people fleeing the public high schools? Massive overcrowding was the reason. My high school where I taught and served as an assistant principal had a design capacity of about 1800 students. The last year I was there, we had 3250 students. If the magnet schools were eliminated, we would have nearly 5000 students, as 1700+ students were bussed to inner city magnet programs for college prep, arts, and various other programs.

In a district with 17 high schools, everyone wanted to attend one of the 3 top schools. That resulted in the massive overcrowding I mentioned.

You people cannot see the forest for the trees.

Forum List

Back