Democrats destroyed the lives of these children in Baltimore, will they ever pay for the damage?

No.....we would fire a teacher who performed badly in less than 10 years............

Funny how private and religious schools seem to be able to educate children without the "dance of the lemons," for bad teachers..

Who said anything about 10 years? This is why I hate discussing education on this forum because you simply make up shit to fit your agenda.

Performance evaluations are much more stringent that anything your teachers endured. I had informal observations by my department head, 3 different guidance counselors, formal evaluations by one or more assistant principals, and 3 formal observations each year by my principal. If there was a "bad teacher", all of those people would also be held responsible.

Now, tell me it doesn't work similar to that in your district?

OK, have you looked at Florida's voucher programs that was declared in violation of the state Constitution?

Nothing changed when it was allowed. The only schools that opened were mismanaged so badly they usually shuttered their doors before Thanksgiving. A Catholic high school in my city took 10 years from the initial idea to having the first student walk through the door. The planning was all done before vouchers. That was in response to a waiting list that exceeded the capacity of the one and only Catholic High School in the city. By the time it was finished, there were no vouchers anymore. Even then, the new and old high schools had another school's capacity waiting lists for students trying to get in! They could have had two more high schools and there still would not be enough capacity.

Why were people fleeing the public high schools? Massive overcrowding was the reason. My high school where I taught and served as an assistant principal had a design capacity of about 1800 students. The last year I was there, we had 3250 students. If the magnet schools were eliminated, we would have nearly 5000 students, as 1700+ students were bussed to inner city magnet programs for college prep, arts, and various other programs.

In a district with 17 high schools, everyone wanted to attend one of the 3 top schools. That resulted in the massive overcrowding I mentioned.

You people cannot see the forest for the trees.

And you don't understand that allowing parents to place their kids in actual schools that educate them is done better with vouchers.........

You would rather kids graduate without the ability to do math, reading and writing at even a basic level than free them to try something better.....

This story could be about the education system in any democrat party controlled city…….an education system run by the democrat party teachers unions, supported by the democrat party politicians. These children have just about zero chance at life, because the democrat party teachers unions have taken our money and failed to educate these children………….

Last year you may recall there was a local news story about a high school in Baltimore where a student with a 0.13 GPA turned out to be roughly in the middle of his class. In other words, nearly half the students in his grade had a GPA that was lower than 0.13. How was that possible?
———-
The local reporter followed up that initial story with a whole series of reports which suggested the answer to that question was organized fraud by teachers and administrators. In fact, the school was enrolling so-called “ghost students” in classes that they never attended, apparently as a way to claim more resources from the state.
——-
Last month reporter Chris Papst came back with another report based on new documents which showed a majority of freshmen entering that high school were reading at an elementary school level:

Democrats: 'Mission accomished'

Who said anything about 10 years? This is why I hate discussing education on this forum because you simply make up shit to fit your agenda.

Performance evaluations are much more stringent that anything your teachers endured. I had informal observations by my department head, 3 different guidance counselors, formal evaluations by one or more assistant principals, and 3 formal observations each year by my principal. If there was a "bad teacher", all of those people would also be held responsible.

Now, tell me it doesn't work similar to that in your district?

You know.....Baltimore is the topic of this thread......and you were given their "success"rate,.....tell me...are the teachers responsible for destroying the lives of these children being held to any standard at all? We aren't talking a few kids...we are talking more than half of all the students.............you really think they are holding their teachers and admin types responsible?

This story could be about the education system in any democrat party controlled city…….an education system run by the democrat party teachers unions, supported by the democrat party politicians. These children have just about zero chance at life, because the democrat party teachers unions have taken our money and failed to educate these children………….

Last year you may recall there was a local news story about a high school in Baltimore where a student with a 0.13 GPA turned out to be roughly in the middle of his class. In other words, nearly half the students in his grade had a GPA that was lower than 0.13. How was that possible?
———-
The local reporter followed up that initial story with a whole series of reports which suggested the answer to that question was organized fraud by teachers and administrators. In fact, the school was enrolling so-called “ghost students” in classes that they never attended, apparently as a way to claim more resources from the state.
——-
Last month reporter Chris Papst came back with another report based on new documents which showed a majority of freshmen entering that high school were reading at an elementary school level:

leftist destroying lives

what’s new?

You know.....Baltimore is the topic of this thread......and you were given their "success"rate,.....tell me...are the teachers responsible for destroying the lives of these children being held to any standard at all? We aren't talking a few kids...we are talking more than half of all the students.............you really think they are holding their teachers and admin types responsible?
Teachers' Unions are holding all the cards right now, or so it seems. They have become the enemy of the people, but all that is happening is they are being criticized by mayor's, politicians, and parents.

Really?!

And you don't understand that allowing parents to place their kids in actual schools that educate them is done better with vouchers.........

You would rather kids graduate without the ability to do math, reading and writing at even a basic level than free them to try something better.....
You don't understand that the brick and mortar have zero impact on the school's ability to teach kids who come from single parent homes, children of drug addicts, and children with parents in jail. When I taught in the worst public middle school in my state, I had immigrants from all over the world. Those that were not stood a 90% change of living with an aunt, or grandmother because the parents were in jail for significantly long sentences. I even had a student whose father was the leader of the Communist revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of Liberia.

Do you honestly think these students could take advantage of a voucher? Like I asked you before, where are these kids supposed to go to use these vouchers? Any decent school in Florida with openings refused to accept vouchers because they would be accepting a lower rate than normal tuition.

You have a spilt personality or maybe, are just a moron who cannot read English and I just let you less stupid moments pass for sanity

He's the most cantankerous old asshole on this entire forum, and that's really saying something. I don't recall a single post where he didn't come across as a crotchety old man.

I remember when DC schools in the 1970’s were graduating functionally illiterate children. That was considered appalling. (A couple of them went on to become basketball stars at Georgetown for John Thompson — that’s when I lost total respect for that school.)
Now functionally illiterate might be an improvement.

You ever lead a horse to water and try to make him drink? You're the type who stand behind the horse and take suction in its ass to use the entire horse as a straw.

In the vast majority of kids failing at education, the teacher has done everything possible to make chicken salad out of chicken shit!

You don't understand that the brick and mortar have zero impact on the school's ability to teach kids who come from single parent homes, children of drug addicts, and children with parents in jail. When I taught in the worst public middle school in my state, I had immigrants from all over the world. Those that were not stood a 90% change of living with an aunt, or grandmother because the parents were in jail for significantly long sentences. I even had a student whose father was the leader of the Communist revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of Liberia.

Do you honestly think these students could take advantage of a voucher? Like I asked you before, where are these kids supposed to go to use these vouchers? Any decent school in Florida with openings refused to accept vouchers because they would be accepting a lower rate than normal tuition.

I understand completely........that is why I pointed out in my first post in response to your question, that getting fathers back in the home was the major problem......

Those students may not be able to use a voucher, but the thousands of students whose parents wait in line to get the hundreds of spots in charter and magnet schools will use those vouchers to save their kids.........

You want to let all the kids lose their futures because some of them won't be able to take advantage of vouchers..

I am not willing to let them all die in poverty and gangs....I want to give as many of them a chance at escaping the democrat party education system as possible.

You ever lead a horse to water and try to make him drink? You're the type who stand behind the horse and take suction in its ass to use the entire horse as a straw.

In the vast majority of kids failing at education, the teacher has done everything possible to make chicken salad out of chicken shit!

Wrong...the vast majority of kids who are graduating without being able to read or write are doomed because they can't escape the democrat party hell hole school they are trapped in simply because they can't afford private or religious school, you dumb fuck.

Vouchers will save lives.......you want to trap all of them rather than save some of them....you are the problem.

I understand completely........that is why I pointed out in my first post in response to your question, that getting fathers back in the home was the major problem......

Those students may not be able to use a voucher, but the thousands of students whose parents wait in line to get the hundreds of spots in charter and magnet schools will use those vouchers to save their kids.........

You want to let all the kids lose their futures because some of them won't be able to take advantage of vouchers..

I am not willing to let them all die in poverty and gangs....I want to give as many of them a chance at escaping the democrat party education system as possible.
You have the worst case of tunnel vision I have ever seen!

You want to get father's back in the home? How do you plan on undoing decades of absent fathers? Let's just say you have a woman living in the projects, with 3 kids. Every one of her kids have a different father. These fathers also have children by other women. Do you expect them all to live in one huge commune?

Decent and established private and parochial schools often do not accept the voucher as full tuition. Catholic school often accept the vouchers with the proviso that the students participate in religious education and services. We have a madrassa in my city that will surely take vouchers. Do you want your kids attending services there? I would not have my child attend any religious schools because they are usually of poor quality and force their religious dogma on the students as terms of their attendance.

You cannot have a federal voucher program that only selectively applies to cartaing studnets.
We have a very large Catholic school here for K-8. It stays full. We do not have a Catholic high school except 30 miles away in another county. If you want to attend that school, you pay for bus transportations from here to that location. The same is true in another neighboring county where the Catholic high school is located in the extreme western part of the county, with the vast majority of the county living in the east. My public high school had an incredibly high number of Catholic students because of the county' demographics. Parents could not afford the tuition and cost of transportation that was tacked on to get their kids to school in the opposite direction from where they worked. That meant the K-8 schools were full and the high school was about 40% capacity. If vouchers were available, that would not change. By the way, that was the only public high school that was operating anywhere near the capacity for students. Every other school was overcrowded, even in rural areas.

You cannot have a federal voucher program that only selectively applies to certain students. To do is unconstitutional. If you really support vouchers get your state to do it but check your state constitution first. Florida did not and that was why the program died in the courtrooms.

I did extensive research on voucher programs in graduate school. Proponents of vouchers simply do not understand the issues and complexity involved with them. Don't feel bad about not knowing how things work. It's complicated!

Wrong...the vast majority of kids who are graduating without being able to read or write are doomed because they can't escape the democrat party hell hole school they are trapped in simply because they can't afford private or religious school, you dumb fuck.

Vouchers will save lives.......you want to trap all of them rather than save some of them....you are the problem.

How is that wrong? The vast majority of kids in this country are doing fine. You are suffering from Internet information overload and far too many try to paint schools in flyover country the same as New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and other Democrat "hell holes" as you call them. Why is it my responsibility as a taxpayer and parent/grandparent to pay for their incompetence.

You resorting to profanity in what has been another polite and rational discussion (for once) indicate that you are frustrated because you cannot address my points. The reason you cannot address them is you are simply uneducated on the topic at hand, much the same as the vast majority of Americans.

The solution to the problem of students performing poorly is social, not educational.

The solution to the problem of students performing poorly is social, not educational.
Both, as well as many other factors, need to be addressed and constantly improved as much as possible. It's not so simple as one or the other. Nothing is.

Forum List

Back