Democrats, are you concerned about these rioters in the major cities and mayors are not allowing help from the gov't?

If you wonder why Trump is losing in the polls, even the Fox News Polls, then the answer is exactly what you support. The Government coming in to "help". Remember Ronald Reagan said the most frightening words for anyone was "I am from the Government and I am here to help". While there is a core group of people who want to see the Feds bashing the skulls of those damned Leftists. Most people worry more about the future. What happens next? If this trend continues, will we see a Federal Police Force in which our local cops are federalized?

What is funny to many of us is that the arguments made by Conservatives for decades are not even mentioned. Local Issues, States Rights, and the usual. Normally the Conservatives are arguing that local school boards are best to determine what the local schools should be teaching. They normally object to Federal Authority being used locally. And a dime will get you a million dollars that if Biden wins in November, suddenly those cries will once again, take center stage. Unfortunately it will take a decade or more for them to resound, after the Conservatives threw that belief out the window in the pursuit of vengeance on their political rivals.

I voted for Trump in 2016. I have said so many many times. I do not know if I can do so again this year. My problem is that again I don't like either candidate. I don't like Biden, as evidenced by my Signature box. And I don't like Trump. I may just ignore the election and see what my fellow citizens decide to do.

In another month, we will see how bad it really is for Trump, and the Republicans. But the nightmare scenario is not that Biden is elected President. The nightmare is the Democrats having control, by a comfortable margin, of the House, Senate, and White House. If the Democrats pick up six or eight seats in the Senate, then the mid terms are irrelevant and you can count on at least four, probably eight years of Democratic control.
Agreed. I voted for Don last time too, but won’t bother voting this time. Very little difference between Don and Joe, but the partisans on each side can’t see that. The ignorance is enormous...the left sees Don as the worst man ever to walk the earth and the right sees Joe as a demented Commie.

Which of the two is the better man. Which is more likely to do for others before he does for himself? Which is a better role model for young people?

This is not even a debatable question. The choice is crystal clear.

You're right. Joe Biden was a lying, do-nothing piece of shit even before he started exhibiting advanced dementia.
Much like Trump. Little difference.
I ponder at your inability to see the difference between President Trump and Joe Biden
If there was little difference between the two there would be little resistance to President Trump
So Bud you're dead wrong the country is dead wrong if they don't see the harm Biden will bring to the country.

Are there Democrats or even Independents considering voting for Trump? Not all Democrats can think this is good for our country....
I’m an independent and HELL NO would I vote for Trump. Worst president of my lifetime by far.
so you will vote for biden?....
Easy yes
So you lied when you said you were an independent.
No lie here. What are you confused about?
You lied because an independent is not going to vote for Biden
Why is an independent an independent
An independent is an independent because they aren’t tied to a party, they vote for the best candidate. In this case the best candidate is Biden
bullshit....an independent has problems with both parties and would not back a person from either one especially one like biden who is the type of politician that makes one become an independent....you are a middle of the roader who is a democrat one day and a republican the next.....a real independent would say fuck both parties and those who lead them....
A real independent would fit the stereotype you just assigned. One may say fuck you to both parties as I often do. Some may sit in their thumbs during an election like you surely do. And others may pick the best candidate to vote for.

I think both political parties are corrupt as shot and fundraising has over run our bloated Bureaucracy. I don’t imagine I’ll ever register for a party. Last election I wrote in a name. This election I’m voting for Biden given the fact that Trump is the worst thing I’ve ever seen representing our country and he needs to go.
ok so you admit you are just a independent in name....if you vote for biden then you are backing everything he does whether its good or bad because you voted for him.....basically this election you are a democrat.....like i said, a middle of the roader....a real independent would not vote for a party that they claim is corrupt as hell....so why would you back a corrupt party?.....that dont sound very independent....
That’s the most retarded thing I’ve heard today. I have to back everything a person does says and stands for if I vote for them in an election involving two people?! I don’t think there is a person on earth that I fully agree with. What a stupid argument you just made. Please take it back and save some face.
your stupid argument is claiming you are an independent when you are not.....
Sure I am... as independent as they come. I’ve never voted for a Republican or a democrat for president. This will be the first time and it is because I see Trump as a disgrace and I support him being gone
so you vote for another asswipe in a party you say is corrupt....yea that party hasnt influenced you....you are a "leaner".... many people who like to think of themselves as independent-minded and free of party influence aren’t thats you.....joe biden is the kind of politician real independents cant stand and would never vote for the guy......
I dont think Biden is an asswipe. I think he is a good dude. He is past his prime and I don’t agree with some of his policy plans but my main concern at the moment is repairing the relationships and damage that Trump has destroyed. I think Biden will do a fine job. I hope he wins and only serves 4 years
well you just said a lot about you.....independent...lol....
No doubt. Thanks for understanding!
next time just be honest and try not to be something you are not....
I’ve been nothing but honest.
no you were not....you were trying to pass yourself off as something you are not......
No I wasn’t. I’m not a registered democrat. I voted for a Republican governor last election. I don’t like either party but with only two choices in most elections I choose the candidate I like best and don’t let party play a part.

frankly I dont really care what you want to call me but I’ve been nothing but honest in this thread. Try it out
you go back and forth....a "leaner".....like i said no one that does not like either party,especially when both are considered corrupt, would vote for trump or biden....why the hell would they?...they are just voting for that corrupt party they supposedly dont like...
Just because I think the party system is corrupt doesn’t mean I think everybody who is a member of each party is corrupt by association. Let’s get real here. For any politician to get elected under the current system they need to be part of one of the two parties. The fact that is the case is what turns me off from the way that system is and I hope something changes it in the future. But For now I give each person on the ballot a fair shake and don’t judge by whatever their label is.

why do I need to explain this to you? Do you really not get it? You sound like you’re playing dumb because you’re stuck in a “gotchya” game trying to paint me as a liar or something. What’s up with that?
you dont understand what an independent is.....you think its a person who can vote this party or that party.....thats not it at all.....an independent is someone who is fed up with both parties and does not help vote the parties he cant stand come into power.....if you vote biden for instance, you are voting for the democrats and everything they stand for.....why call yourself an independent if you are still backing one of the parties you profess you cant stand?.....a great deal of people who call themselves independents still side with one party or the other,thats not being very independent is it?....if a party can influence you enough to vote for them,then you are supporting that party,and yes voting for the top person in that party is supporting that party.....
I don’t like calling myself anything really. Call me independent, unaffiliated, or whatever the hell you want. It really doesn’t matter, I’ve explained my position. I know that you are framing the rules to fit your attack on me and not in reality. When people talk about the independent vote and how it effects elections they aren’t talking about all the People who won’t vote for either candidate, they are talking about the undecideds that could go either way.

An independent or nonpartisan politician is a politician not affiliated with any political party. There are numerous reasons why someone may stand for office as an independent:

• Independents may support policies which are different from those of the major political parties.
  • Independents may support a party's platform, but choose to stand as an independent because they don't feel the party adequately follows their platform.
Chooses to stand as an independent, because they don't feel that a party adequately follows their own platform. Otherwise the independent doesn't vote for either party, and thus awaits the independent candidate to run.
Some may not vote... others may pick the candidate that they like best without signing on to the entire platform
That is generally what happens. Would you say that a Democrat can see this rioting and still vote for the Democrats that are leading these cities>=? Would they rely on SLOW JOE to call in the extra help when it is needed?
I’d be pretty upset with the way the state leaders have been handling the riots. Would have to really dig in case by case but I imagine I’d support replacing many of the mayors. I actually think if Joe was in the White House there would be a much more healthy collaboration between feds and state law enforcement and perhaps we would be seeing better results and less political posturing.
I agree with you about the mayors but the president cannot just replace them. They have to step down and then have a special election. You have more faith in Biden than I do. Hell he's supposed to be campaigning and he's locked in his basement!
He’s not locked in his basement that’s just a talking point. You can do better than that
ok "INDEPENDENT" the basement door is not locked and you know this how?
Hes at the capital right now. Turn on your TV

Are there Democrats or even Independents considering voting for Trump? Not all Democrats can think this is good for our country....
I’m an independent and HELL NO would I vote for Trump. Worst president of my lifetime by far.
Easy yes
An independent is an independent because they aren’t tied to a party, they vote for the best candidate. In this case the best candidate is Biden
bullshit....an independent has problems with both parties and would not back a person from either one especially one like biden who is the type of politician that makes one become an independent....you are a middle of the roader who is a democrat one day and a republican the next.....a real independent would say fuck both parties and those who lead them....
A real independent would fit the stereotype you just assigned. One may say fuck you to both parties as I often do. Some may sit in their thumbs during an election like you surely do. And others may pick the best candidate to vote for.

I think both political parties are corrupt as shot and fundraising has over run our bloated Bureaucracy. I don’t imagine I’ll ever register for a party. Last election I wrote in a name. This election I’m voting for Biden given the fact that Trump is the worst thing I’ve ever seen representing our country and he needs to go.
ok so you admit you are just a independent in name....if you vote for biden then you are backing everything he does whether its good or bad because you voted for him.....basically this election you are a democrat.....like i said, a middle of the roader....a real independent would not vote for a party that they claim is corrupt as hell....so why would you back a corrupt party?.....that dont sound very independent....
That’s the most retarded thing I’ve heard today. I have to back everything a person does says and stands for if I vote for them in an election involving two people?! I don’t think there is a person on earth that I fully agree with. What a stupid argument you just made. Please take it back and save some face.
Sure I am... as independent as they come. I’ve never voted for a Republican or a democrat for president. This will be the first time and it is because I see Trump as a disgrace and I support him being gone
so you vote for another asswipe in a party you say is corrupt....yea that party hasnt influenced you....you are a "leaner".... many people who like to think of themselves as independent-minded and free of party influence aren’t thats you.....joe biden is the kind of politician real independents cant stand and would never vote for the guy......
I dont think Biden is an asswipe. I think he is a good dude. He is past his prime and I don’t agree with some of his policy plans but my main concern at the moment is repairing the relationships and damage that Trump has destroyed. I think Biden will do a fine job. I hope he wins and only serves 4 years
no you were not....you were trying to pass yourself off as something you are not......
No I wasn’t. I’m not a registered democrat. I voted for a Republican governor last election. I don’t like either party but with only two choices in most elections I choose the candidate I like best and don’t let party play a part.

frankly I dont really care what you want to call me but I’ve been nothing but honest in this thread. Try it out
you go back and forth....a "leaner".....like i said no one that does not like either party,especially when both are considered corrupt, would vote for trump or biden....why the hell would they?...they are just voting for that corrupt party they supposedly dont like...
Just because I think the party system is corrupt doesn’t mean I think everybody who is a member of each party is corrupt by association. Let’s get real here. For any politician to get elected under the current system they need to be part of one of the two parties. The fact that is the case is what turns me off from the way that system is and I hope something changes it in the future. But For now I give each person on the ballot a fair shake and don’t judge by whatever their label is.

why do I need to explain this to you? Do you really not get it? You sound like you’re playing dumb because you’re stuck in a “gotchya” game trying to paint me as a liar or something. What’s up with that?
you dont understand what an independent is.....you think its a person who can vote this party or that party.....thats not it at all.....an independent is someone who is fed up with both parties and does not help vote the parties he cant stand come into power.....if you vote biden for instance, you are voting for the democrats and everything they stand for.....why call yourself an independent if you are still backing one of the parties you profess you cant stand?.....a great deal of people who call themselves independents still side with one party or the other,thats not being very independent is it?....if a party can influence you enough to vote for them,then you are supporting that party,and yes voting for the top person in that party is supporting that party.....
Yep, and an independent waits for the independent candidate to run, and then votes for the independent candidate.

Wrong :laughing0301:
Well not really wrong in every sense of the term independent, but yes if want to vote for the lesser of the so called two, then of course have at it. No one's stopping anyone nor should they if they wish to participate.

Easy yes

I don’t like calling myself anything really. Call me independent, unaffiliated, or whatever the hell you want. It really doesn’t matter, I’ve explained my position. I know that you are framing the rules to fit your attack on me and not in reality. When people talk about the independent vote and how it effects elections they aren’t talking about all the People who won’t vote for either candidate, they are talking about the undecideds that could go either way.

An independent or nonpartisan politician is a politician not affiliated with any political party. There are numerous reasons why someone may stand for office as an independent:

• Independents may support policies which are different from those of the major political parties.
  • Independents may support a party's platform, but choose to stand as an independent because they don't feel the party adequately follows their platform.
Chooses to stand as an independent, because they don't feel that a party adequately follows their own platform. Otherwise the independent doesn't vote for either party, and thus awaits the independent candidate to run.
Some may not vote... others may pick the candidate that they like best without signing on to the entire platform
That is generally what happens. Would you say that a Democrat can see this rioting and still vote for the Democrats that are leading these cities>=? Would they rely on SLOW JOE to call in the extra help when it is needed?
I’d be pretty upset with the way the state leaders have been handling the riots. Would have to really dig in case by case but I imagine I’d support replacing many of the mayors. I actually think if Joe was in the White House there would be a much more healthy collaboration between feds and state law enforcement and perhaps we would be seeing better results and less political posturing.
I agree with you about the mayors but the president cannot just replace them. They have to step down and then have a special election. You have more faith in Biden than I do. Hell he's supposed to be campaigning and he's locked in his basement!
He’s not locked in his basement that’s just a talking point. You can do better than that
edited videos is not evidence of anything

Easy yes

edited videos is not evidence of anything
Agreed

If you wonder why Trump is losing in the polls, even the Fox News Polls, then the answer is exactly what you support. The Government coming in to "help". Remember Ronald Reagan said the most frightening words for anyone was "I am from the Government and I am here to help". While there is a core group of people who want to see the Feds bashing the skulls of those damned Leftists. Most people worry more about the future. What happens next? If this trend continues, will we see a Federal Police Force in which our local cops are federalized?

What is funny to many of us is that the arguments made by Conservatives for decades are not even mentioned. Local Issues, States Rights, and the usual. Normally the Conservatives are arguing that local school boards are best to determine what the local schools should be teaching. They normally object to Federal Authority being used locally. And a dime will get you a million dollars that if Biden wins in November, suddenly those cries will once again, take center stage. Unfortunately it will take a decade or more for them to resound, after the Conservatives threw that belief out the window in the pursuit of vengeance on their political rivals.

I voted for Trump in 2016. I have said so many many times. I do not know if I can do so again this year. My problem is that again I don't like either candidate. I don't like Biden, as evidenced by my Signature box. And I don't like Trump. I may just ignore the election and see what my fellow citizens decide to do.

In another month, we will see how bad it really is for Trump, and the Republicans. But the nightmare scenario is not that Biden is elected President. The nightmare is the Democrats having control, by a comfortable margin, of the House, Senate, and White House. If the Democrats pick up six or eight seats in the Senate, then the mid terms are irrelevant and you can count on at least four, probably eight years of Democratic control.
Agreed. I voted for Don last time too, but won’t bother voting this time. Very little difference between Don and Joe, but the partisans on each side can’t see that. The ignorance is enormous...the left sees Don as the worst man ever to walk the earth and the right sees Joe as a demented Commie.

Which of the two is the better man. Which is more likely to do for others before he does for himself? Which is a better role model for young people?

You're right. Joe Biden was a lying, do-nothing piece of shit even before he started exhibiting advanced dementia.
I ponder at your inability to see the difference between President Trump and Joe Biden
If there was little difference between the two there would be little resistance to President Trump
So Bud you're dead wrong the country is dead wrong if they don't see the harm Biden will bring to the country.
You need to do more pondering.

You need to do more pondering.
If there is no difference between the two why is the deep state trying it damndest to keep the President from winning?
Don't dodge my question

Easy yes

If that is truly the case then tell me how you arrive on whom to vote for? I mean is it policy, rhetoric, personal likability? What?
For me, number one is policy. Does he represent my values? Secondly and perhaps even more important, does he have a history of positive accomplishments? Personal likability and rhetoric, not so important.

Ok, what policies do you agree with Biden on, and what are his positive accomplishments?

Easy yes

If that is truly the case then tell me how you arrive on whom to vote for? I mean is it policy, rhetoric, personal likability? What?
All the above... I’m not a fan of big government so I lean towards the more fiscally conservative... I do care about the environment, and social equality so that’s where many GOP leaders lose me. Personality does play a role. I want to vote for a person that I think has a good heart. If I smell the snake oil of a scammer I won’t vote for them.

So, you’re not voting for Biden?

Easy yes

All the above... I’m not a fan of big government so I lean towards the more fiscally conservative... I do care about the environment, and social equality so that’s where many GOP leaders lose me. Personality does play a role. I want to vote for a person that I think has a good heart. If I smell the snake oil of a scammer I won’t vote for them.

I think Biden is changing his rhetoric to appeal to the voters he talking to, that would be a snake oil seller.

Easy yes

I think Biden is changing his rhetoric to appeal to the voters he talking to, that would be a snake oil seller.

Well, that would be exactly right....He's got a fine line to walk though....The people he's put around his campaign are some of the most radical in our government...Which tells me that whatever he is moderating in his approach is just a lie.

Very interesting video about the situation in Portland :cool:

Nah, more like wishful thinking....The Fed has NO desire to leave their property vunerable as long as the leaders in Portland, or the State refuse to protect those assets....If you really want to see less protective force, federally in Portland, then they need to get a handle on the radicals causing the trouble.

Easy yes

He's mostly changing it to appeal to the people controlling him. That would be a puppet.

Easy yes

Exactly. That's what Biden is, a snake oil salesmen.

Easy yes

He's mostly changing it to appeal to the people controlling him. That would be a puppet.
That too.

Forum List

Back