Democrats Always Lead In the Polls Until the Republicans Get Off Work

yea man, Democrats don't work or have jobs. Unions must be hella Republican, too eh.

Dopey thread.

Meh. It's a little dopey, maybe. But not statistically incorrect. Dems almost always have an early lead in Presidential elections.

I'm talking about the Dems not having jobs part, obviously. jesus

Why would it be unreasonable to assume that those without jobs would be overwhelmingly Democratic, or that it would influence the early lead the Democrats traditionally have? I mean, it's all interpretation, so, what would be yours be?

Meh. It's a little dopey, maybe. But not statistically incorrect. Dems almost always have an early lead in Presidential elections.

Why would it be unreasonable to assume that those without jobs would be overwhelmingly Democratic, or that it would influence the early lead the Democrats traditionally have? I mean, it's all interpretation, so, what would be yours be?

My interpretation is that job having or joblessness is not a political phenomena.

They have jobs?

Then WTF are they complaining about? I thought the election was about jobs. If they've already got them what's the big deal?

It is... It's about businesses being able to afford workers so they can increase the one thing that people start businesses for in the first place... Profits.

Obama and Romney have no say in whether or not Businesses are "affording" new workers.

Um... Taxing small business owners who make 250k or higher has a slight impact on whether or not they can afford to add people to their labor force.

It is... It's about businesses being able to afford workers so they can increase the one thing that people start businesses for in the first place... Profits.

Obama and Romney have no say in whether or not Businesses are "affording" new workers.

Um... Taxing small business owners who make 250k or higher has a slight impact on whether or not they can afford to add people to their labor force.

No, it doesn't if they know what the fuck they're talking about.

Would you rather have $0 taxed at 0%, or a dollar taxed at, whatever pick a number.....say 40?

Obviously the "tax" is only there if the profit was there - to tax, and hirees are hired based on their ability to generate more profit for the company.

Lemme know when more money is not worth it, and then you'll have the mentality of a failed-minded business owner.

yea man, Democrats don't work or have jobs. Unions must be hella Republican, too eh.

Dopey thread.

I got in early getting out of the night shift, the other half too. My son got in early before work. Funny, maybe because we a) get our asses out of bed on time to NOT have to leave early from work, or b) work all night while everyone else is sleeping (it off). :dunno:

My interpretation is that job having or joblessness is not a political phenomena.

Possibly. That's not really what I was after. What is your interpretation for why Democrats statistically tend to have earlier voter turnout on major elections? Employment rates is one factor to look at, and a perfectly valid one. What is yours?

Possibly. That's not really what I was after. What is your interpretation for why Democrats statistically tend to have earlier voter turnout on major elections? Employment rates is one factor to look at, and a perfectly valid one. What is yours?

I don't blindly believe the premise of the question. Where's that statistic coming from?

Dopey thread.

That's because democrats tend to dominate early voting in recent years.

I voted for Obama at 5:30 p.m., after working all day, last week.

Dopey thread.

That's because democrats tend to dominate early voting in recent years.

I voted for Obama at 5:30 p.m., after working all day, last week.

I think when they're referencing "early Voting," they mean early in the day specifically today - not early ballots cast before election day.

Because if they mean early ballots cast before election day, then their premise for their joke and/or statistic about it somehow being jobs related is even more retarded.

No.

the right has been cheating my party out of elections for decades.

Its not fucking funny

not one bit

Ef the Democrats. You know whats not funny? Democrats promoting multiple wars, drone striking thousands of children, extending the Patriot Act, supporting eugenics through Planned Parenthood, signing the NDAA destroying our 4th Amendment rights.

You and your party love war, death, and no prosperity. You criticize Bush for Patriot Act and war, but love it when Obama has 5 wars, and extends the Patriot Act.

Last edited:

I don't blindly believe the premise of the question. Where's that statistic coming from?

It's a pretty well-known phenomenon. I don't have a Bureau of Labor Statistics number to give you, but quite a few articles are discussing this tendency. Here is one:

Obama Boosted by Early Voting in Florida Despite Controversy | TIME.com

Particularly this quote:

"But their real impetus was to reduce Democratic turnout, because Democrats tend to do more early voting than Republicans — and because they gave Obama a 9-point lead among early in-person voters in 2008."

My personal experience of over 20 years of voting tends to bear that out as well. Democrats tend to vote strong early. It's all op-ed type stuff, but it's fun to discuss. So, why do YOU think Democrats vote earlier than Republicans. I'm not necessarily going to slam your opinion, but you seem dismissive of the OP interpretation, and I'm curious if you have an alternate one.

Last edited:

It's a pretty well-known phenomenon. I don't have a Bureau of Labor Statistics number to give you, but quite a few articles are discussing this tendency. Here is one:

Obama Boosted by Early Voting in Florida Despite Controversy | TIME.com

My personal experience of over 20 years of voting tends to bear that out as well. Democrats tend to vote strong early. It's all op-ed type stuff, but it's fun to discuss. So, why do YOU think Democrats vote earlier than Republicans. I'm not necessarily going to slam your opinion, but you seem dismissive of the OP interpretation, and I'm curious if you have an alternate one.

So you're not talking about early MORNING Voters, on Election day -

But early Voting meaning, day or days before Election day?

That makes the premise that it has anything to do with Employment pretty silly, I'd say retarded if you weren't being so Cordial.

People typically have 1 or 2 days off per week. People typically work 8 hours per day, but are typically *awake* for 16 hours a day.

Doing the math, employment likely has *zero* to do with early voting.

Now, had you meant Early voting *on* election day, your Employment argument would have more of a modicum of truth to it, but it would still have way too many holes in it to be meaningful.

It must just be a coincidence that Dems come out in droves early *eye roll*

most negative political ad ever!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdhEKxgGXg]Romney Clubs Seals - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back