Democratic Congresswoman Calls For ‘Gender Equality’ In Crash Test Dummies

Thinking that crash test dummies don't need to represent the population being tested is, at best, ignorant.

Making it a political issue strikes me as ... some of you people just have to find something to be outraged about. Even if it's not even political to begin with.
I know I've posted this information before. Dummies in a variety of sizes and weights, which is just what one
would expect.

What's ignorant is assuming the worst about political opposites and then believing your biased opinions
are all fact. I hope this gets through somehow.

Thinking that crash test dummies don't need to represent the population being tested is, at best, ignorant.
What's ignorant is assuming your worst opinions of others are all fact based. Not so.
Making it a political issue strikes me as ... some of you people just have to find something to be outraged about. Even if it's not even political to begin with.
It's not political until people start making it so....talk about woman hating anti science right wingers
doesn't help. Maybe you can review the record here.

View attachment 496432Democrats with their majority control are focused like a laser on the key issues facing Americans.
And what of the other 57 Heinz Variety genders you ask? Obviously Democrats are sexist.

Not satire. Satire is impossible with what the Left do

Lol, I woul think you would support this. Female bodies actually do differ from male bodies. Hormone pills will not change this. Center of gravity is distinctly different in a female body as opposed to a male.Center of gravity will have a large effect on trajectory in the event of a crash. As LA Lakers said in one of his posts obese test dummies should also be used to develop best safety standards. You should be interested in safety standards as it effects you directly. The more damage caused by crashes every year and the costs associated with that damage costs every one of us when we go to pay for insurance and medical costs.

Funny how Dimwingers are claiming in this thread that men and women are different. And all this time they have been telling us all a man has to do is say he is a woman and POOF! he is a woman.

Well, if YOU ever thought, instead of being a kneejerk reactionary, you'd have noticed the multiple times - including in the OP article - that you've been told size isn't the only difference between male and female bodies.
In a high speed impact it's the only principal difference that matters.
Is your big ass or jumbo thighs going to keep you alive when slam into the wind shield at
fifty miles plus per hour?
How about your sagging pendulous breasts?

Doubtful.

Ooh, nasty, minsogynistic attempts at personal insults. A sure sign that an insecure man just got made a fool of by a woman.

Your craven surrender is noted, and any further attempts to pretend you're still part of the discussion will be ignored.

Thanks for playing, Bubba.

... You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.
Exactly. And well made crash tests are expensive. It would by the way not make a big sense to simulate female breasts or other attractive fatty tissue with silicon or something like this. This would only dampen forces.

Who said anything about simulating breasts?

I. What do you suggest how to give such instruments a more "female" painting? Or if someone paints them blue makes this dummies more "male"? So what is this discussion really about? The discussion of laymen to tell technicians, physicians, scientistst and economists what they have to do in which way so romantic feelings ("free female dummies") about the equality of men and women start to create an absurde artificial reality? What about more public toiletts for women in all cities worldwide? 5 toilets for women per 1 toilet for men would produce much more equality between women and men than many other things. Equality comes not by handling everyone and everything in the same way. Why likes someone to see "female" dummies damaged in such destructive tests? What kind of perversity is this? Men have for example in average 1/3 more surface of bones - what changes nothing fro example of a higher danger to lose a left leg on a passenger seat in case of a crash - so it makes sense to use airbags for knees for example or it make sense to make another construction of the passenger compartement.

Once again, what the hell are you talking about? Where did the OP article say anything about painting? I have no fucking clue what YOU'RE discussing. I'M discussing the article cited in the OP. You're all over the damned map, babbling about painting and toilets and dummy-destruction fetishes.
What do you expect except the answer of a dummie in your crash test? You measured here something - but what is this what you measured? And what leads you the way now to ¿let? construct better transport vehicles?

Yeah, still not having a clue what your broken babbling is trying to convey.

Coming from a guy who keeps mindlessly repeating a point that's been addressed multiple times, that's pretty hilarious. I have no problem being "pathetic" by the standards of someone who only hears the roaring in his own empty head.
Obviously it's more important for you to be a contentious bitch than get to the bottom of leftist politician
Elanor Holmes Norton's claims.
If it takes contentious bitch to make sure that crash test data is as accurate as possible I'm all for it - leftist or rightist.

Why does it bother you?
Shitforbrains thinks they need to do 50,000 crash tests instead of one using validated extrapolated data.
Leftards hate science.

What did your johnson ever do to you, that you keep stomping on it that way?

Another kneejerk thinking with his glands instead of his brains, another surrender for me to collect.

Moving right along, in the hopes of finding SOMEONE who has an opinion other than, "I must oppose it, because DEMOCRAT!!!!"

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.
I have no idea what you're going on about.

Why am I not surprised to hear that you talk without listening to what you're saying?
Why am I not surprised to see that you type without comprehending what others are typing?....pathetic

Coming from a guy who keeps mindlessly repeating a point that's been addressed multiple times, that's pretty hilarious. I have no problem being "pathetic" by the standards of someone who only hears the roaring in his own empty head.
if its been addressed many times, and you don't listen, makes you ---pathetic

I'll just let your laughably illiterate failure at trying to turn my words back on me stand for anyone who can read to cringe at.

Marking this down as "Third misogynist moron surrender".

Wow! Just wow! An amazing conflation of anger and ignorance.
The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.
so the demmies in car seats are my imagination....thanx....

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
as i said, they already own them....why do you insist on being pathetic?

So basically, you didn't read the quote at all, any more than you read the article before shooting off your mouthabout what you "know" is going on.

The NHTSA has two models of supposedly "female" crash dummies. The only difference they have from the male dummies is their size. Their composition is exactly the same. And they never test the "female" dummies they have as drivers in frontal crash tests.

Why do YOU insist on being braindead?
why do you insist on being a retarded moron...i told you...they have had different size dummies for years...and you just go on bleating like a sheep w/a period

It's so cute, that you still think you're saying something.

Funny how Dimwingers are claiming in this thread that men and women are different. And all this time they have been telling us all a man has to do is say he is a woman and POOF! he is a woman.

It's equally funny how kneejerkers who mistakenly think they're conservatives are claiming men and women AREN'T different in this thread. Oh, and accusing people of being "leftards" for daring to be consistent and thereby disagree with them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't YOU participating in that earlier?

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.

Why am I not surprised to hear that you talk without listening to what you're saying?
Why am I not surprised to see that you type without comprehending what others are typing?....pathetic

I'll just let your laughably illiterate failure at trying to turn my words back on me stand for anyone who can read to cringe at.

denial noted...you are still pathetic

Wow! Just wow! An amazing conflation of anger and ignorance.
The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.
so the demmies in car seats are my imagination....thanx....

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
as i said, they already own them....why do you insist on being pathetic?

So basically, you didn't read the quote at all, any more than you read the article before shooting off your mouthabout what you "know" is going on.

The NHTSA has two models of supposedly "female" crash dummies. The only difference they have from the male dummies is their size. Their composition is exactly the same. And they never test the "female" dummies they have as drivers in frontal crash tests.

Why do YOU insist on being braindead?
why do you insist on being a retarded moron...i told you...they have had different size dummies for years...and you just go on bleating like a sheep w/a period

It's so cute, that you still think you're saying something.
it's so pathetic you are in denial, still

... You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.
Exactly. And well made crash tests are expensive. It would by the way not make a big sense to simulate female breasts or other attractive fatty tissue with silicon or something like this. This would only dampen forces.

Who said anything about simulating breasts?

I. What do you suggest how to give such instruments a more "female" painting? Or if someone paints them blue makes this dummies more "male"? So what is this discussion really about? The discussion of laymen to tell technicians, physicians, scientistst and economists what they have to do in which way so romantic feelings ("free female dummies") about the equality of men and women start to create an absurde artificial reality? What about more public toiletts for women in all cities worldwide? 5 toilets for women per 1 toilet for men would produce much more equality between women and men than many other things. Equality comes not by handling everyone and everything in the same way. Why likes someone to see "female" dummies damaged in such destructive tests? What kind of perversity is this? Men have for example in average 1/3 more surface of bones - what changes nothing fro example of a higher danger to lose a left leg on a passenger seat in case of a crash - so it makes sense to use airbags for knees for example or it make sense to make another construction of the passenger compartement.

Once again, what the hell are you talking about? Where did the OP article say anything about painting? I have no fucking clue what YOU'RE discussing. I'M discussing the article cited in the OP. You're all over the damned map, babbling about painting and toilets and dummy-destruction fetishes.
What do you expect except the answer of a dummie in your crash test? You measured here something - but what is this what you measured? And what leads you the way now to ¿let? construct better transport vehicles?

Yeah, still not having a clue what your broken babbling is trying to convey.
bye bye

denial noted...you are still pathetic
The Left absolutely hate science. Every agenda they have is anti science.

Not seeing the problem here.
Of course you don’t think doing 50,000 crash tests vs one and scientifically extrapolating the data is a problem.
From you own link:

Car companies still typically use a dummy modeled off of the 50th percentile male, which was standardized in the 1970’s, according to Consumer Reports. The dummy is a 171-pound, five-foot nine-inch male, even though the average male today is 26 pounds heavier, according to the report. Female dummies, however, are far and few in between.

What I see is a reasonable use of common sense being applied to modernize safety protocols. That is why it should not be a problem.

Forum List

Back