Democratic Congresswoman Calls For ‘Gender Equality’ In Crash Test Dummies

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.
I have no idea what you're going on about.

Why am I not surprised to hear that you talk without listening to what you're saying?
Why am I not surprised to see that you type without comprehending what others are typing?....pathetic

Coming from a guy who keeps mindlessly repeating a point that's been addressed multiple times, that's pretty hilarious. I have no problem being "pathetic" by the standards of someone who only hears the roaring in his own empty head.

Just say the crash test dummies identify as female.

Just put a dress on the dummy.

Can't we just use male dummies who identify as female dummies?

Brilliant Neo-GOPers. Brilliant!
Not a GOPer dumb ass, I left that party when it was under Bush and see absolutely no reason to return to either party, as both are corrupt and neither have American's best interest at heart. Nice idiotic knee jerk response that I have come to expect from you.
Just a dumb ass or ( idiotic knee jerk) response to a false headline?
It's called sarcasm and you are not that bright to catch it or you have no sense of humor. This country has seen a white women claim she was black and was head of a chapter of the NAACP. We have high school males that identify as females and compete in girls sports, we have people that identify as non-human or reincarnated from another life. So why not a male dummy identifying as a female dummy.
Thanks for the excellent example of why the crafters of the Click-bait headlines choose to use Gender instead of Physiological differences. So Trump Partiers can make fun of the Congresswoman who demands we put lipstick on crash dummies.

Keep up the good work.
Claiming to have a physiological difference does not change your physical make up. A male will always be a male and their is nothing that can be done to change that fact. Claiming you identify as a black person does not change your DNA and make you black. Believing you are reincarnated doesn't make you reincarnated and identifying as a non-human does not make you non-human. It is called science, the mental aspects are those of disturbed people that have a disorder, just as a manic-depressive or schizophrenic have mental disorders. Again, it is science.

BTW, I identify as a male lesbian. That should give me all sorts of rights.

What the fuck does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread?

It sounds ridiculous on the surface. But there are reasons for her demands.

from the OP link: "“More important than differences in average height between males and females, there are also biological differences in anatomy, such as average neck strength and posture, that affect how female and male bodies react in a crash,” Norton’s office said in a statement."

Well, thank God one other person actually read the article.

Just the FACT that the Dementocrats have more interest in large chunks of plastic, and have NO interest in the problems of human beings, should be reason enough to eliminate them all!!

That is completely unfair. Maybe you should have read the article.

“More important than differences in average height between males and females, there are also biological differences in anatomy, such as average neck strength and posture, that affect how female and male bodies react in a crash,” Norton’s office said in a statement.

Car companies still typically use a dummy modeled off of the 50th percentile male, which was standardized in the 1970’s, according to Consumer Reports. The dummy is a 171-pound, five-foot nine-inch male, even though the average male today is 26 pounds heavier, according to the report.

While males tend to drive more miles than women and are more likely to speed, drive under the influence and not wear a seatbelt, according to Consumer Reports, women are more likely to die.

Female drivers and passengers are roughly 17% more likely to be killed in a car crash than a male occupant of the same age, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

“Females are not just smaller versions of males,” co-scientific director of the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Kristy Abrogast said, according to Consumer Reports. “They’re put together differently. Their material properties–their structure– is different.”

Sounds to me like, in the context of a transportation committee, she IS showing reasonable concern for actual people.
Bullcrap!

If thats your argument, then there should be over 10,000 different dummies for "male" dummies and "female" dummies! Too many variables in humans. Dummies are made to a national average of human beings, not any one particular sex..........regardless of what PERSONAL OPINIONS are told by these consumer reports dungheads.

Standard dummies are fitted with a LOT of sensors and adjustment features to mimic ANY KIND OF HUMAN body or trait that is needed, in order for those testing the machines to get a good idea of what is happening!!

For the kind of testing YOU want, they would have to use REAL.........LIVE..........PEOPLE!! And aren't you a sick one for wanting that! Although I would agree prisoners, illegals, Libtardz, Snowflakes, BLM's, and Democrats could easily be sacrificed for such strides in safety.

Wow, that was certainly a whole lot of "This is how I see it, therefore this MUST be the only thing anyone could have meant!" there.

Come back and see me if you ever want to discuss the actual story, and not the partisan kneejerk fantasies you invented in your own head, won't you? I understand that all you can hear is, "Democrat, talking about genders, MUST BE IDENTITY POLITICS, HAS TO BE WRONG, I MUST OPPOSE ALL DEMOCRATS ON EVERYTHING!!" but I don't waste a lot of time talking to unhinged party fanatics as though they were real people, no matter what side they think they're on.
It is politics. Democrats are trying to override what the science community has established has a standard and trying to muck up our safety testing by adding tens of thousands of unnecessary variables at great expense.

No, as far as I can tell, it's not politics. It's just you WANTING it to be politics, because you're stuck in your own rut of four or five automatic reactions, just the same as the left is stuck in theirs.

A person who happens to be a Democrat is trying to update the way we conduct crash safety tests in order to make people safer, and you are saying, "We've always done it this way, so it's good enough, and since you're a Democrat, it MUST only be for identity politics."

No one's asking for "tens of thousands of unnecessary variables". She's asking for crash test dummies built with a body composition more like female bodies instead of male. YOU are the only one insisting that means "tens of thousands of unnecessary variables" . . . and by the way, I appreciate you considering female safety to be "unnecessary" because you think it costs too much to actually conduct tests about it, rather than just "extrapolating" from men.

Just the FACT that the Dementocrats have more interest in large chunks of plastic, and have NO interest in the problems of human beings, should be reason enough to eliminate them all!!

“More important than differences in average height between males and females, there are also biological differences in anatomy, such as average neck strength and posture, that affect how female and male bodies react in a crash,” Norton’s office said in a statement.

Car companies still typically use a dummy modeled off of the 50th percentile male, which was standardized in the 1970’s, according to Consumer Reports. The dummy is a 171-pound, five-foot nine-inch male, even though the average male today is 26 pounds heavier, according to the report.

While males tend to drive more miles than women and are more likely to speed, drive under the influence and not wear a seatbelt, according to Consumer Reports, women are more likely to die.

Female drivers and passengers are roughly 17% more likely to be killed in a car crash than a male occupant of the same age, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

“Females are not just smaller versions of males,” co-scientific director of the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Kristy Abrogast said, according to Consumer Reports. “They’re put together differently. Their material properties–their structure– is different.”

Sounds to me like, in the context of a transportation committee, she IS showing reasonable concern for actual people.
Bullcrap!

If thats your argument, then there should be over 10,000 different dummies for "male" dummies and "female" dummies! Too many variables in humans. Dummies are made to a national average of human beings, not any one particular sex..........regardless of what PERSONAL OPINIONS are told by these consumer reports dungheads.

Standard dummies are fitted with a LOT of sensors and adjustment features to mimic ANY KIND OF HUMAN body or trait that is needed, in order for those testing the machines to get a good idea of what is happening!!

For the kind of testing YOU want, they would have to use REAL.........LIVE..........PEOPLE!! And aren't you a sick one for wanting that! Although I would agree prisoners, illegals, Libtardz, Snowflakes, BLM's, and Democrats could easily be sacrificed for such strides in safety.

Wow, that was certainly a whole lot of "This is how I see it, therefore this MUST be the only thing anyone could have meant!" there.

Come back and see me if you ever want to discuss the actual story, and not the partisan kneejerk fantasies you invented in your own head, won't you? I understand that all you can hear is, "Democrat, talking about genders, MUST BE IDENTITY POLITICS, HAS TO BE WRONG, I MUST OPPOSE ALL DEMOCRATS ON EVERYTHING!!" but I don't waste a lot of time talking to unhinged party fanatics as though they were real people, no matter what side they think they're on.
It is politics. Democrats are trying to override what the science community has established has a standard and trying to muck up our safety testing by adding tens of thousands of unnecessary variables at great expense.

No, as far as I can tell, it's not politics. It's just you WANTING it to be politics, because you're stuck in your own rut of four or five automatic reactions, just the same as the left is stuck in theirs.

A person who happens to be a Democrat is trying to update the way we conduct crash safety tests in order to make people safer, and you are saying, "We've always done it this way, so it's good enough, and since you're a Democrat, it MUST only be for identity politics."

No one's asking for "tens of thousands of unnecessary variables". She's asking for crash test dummies built with a body composition more like female bodies instead of male. YOU are the only one insisting that means "tens of thousands of unnecessary variables" . . . and by the way, I appreciate you considering female safety to be "unnecessary" because you think it costs too much to actually conduct tests about it, rather than just "extrapolating" from men.
Why do you Leftards hate science?
Science uses a standard to test with and via qualification testing extrapolates results.
Figures you put your trust in a Deep State politician rather than scientists.

Bullcrap!

Science uses a standard to test with and via qualification testing extrapolates results.

Why do you kneejerks think, "She disagrees with me, that MUST mean she's a leftist?" doesn't make you look even more blindly, ignorantly reactionary than you already did?

Science uses a standard to test with that actually represents what they're testing. If it's testing two things that are quite different, it uses two representative standards. Saying, "I can just test for men, and then make assumptions about women from that" is like saying, "Dogs are descended from wolves, so they're both the same."

Figures you put your trust in blanket slogans instead of actual thought. Why don't you go back, look at my posting history, see who you're dismissing as a "leftist" because it's easier than making a real argument, and then come back and see if I'm willing to accept your humiliated apology?

As far as I'm concerned, you abjectly surrendered the entire debate the moment you went with, "You're wrong because you must be a leftist who likes the deep state." Way to stomp on your own johnson, dumbass.

Bullcrap!

Why do you kneejerks think, "She disagrees with me, that MUST mean she's a leftist?" doesn't make you look even more blindly, ignorantly reactionary than you already did?

Science uses a standard to test with that actually represents what they're testing. If it's testing two things that are quite different, it uses two representative standards. Saying, "I can just test for men, and then make assumptions about women from that" is like saying, "Dogs are descended from wolves, so they're both the same."

Figures you put your trust in blanket slogans instead of actual thought. Why don't you go back, look at my posting history, see who you're dismissing as a "leftist" because it's easier than making a real argument, and then come back and see if I'm willing to accept your humiliated apology?

As far as I'm concerned, you abjectly surrendered the entire debate the moment you went with, "You're wrong because you must be a leftist who likes the deep state." Way to stomp on your own johnson, dumbass.

Well, to be "fair".............thats the political atmosphere. Unless you claim otherwise for your own party leanings.......you are tagged as a leftist or a rightwinger.

BTW........LOOOVE Dennis Miller!!

Well, if YOU ever thought, instead of being a kneejerk reactionary, you'd have noticed the multiple times - including in the OP article - that you've been told size isn't the only difference between male and female bodies.
In a high speed impact it's the only principal difference that matters.
Is your big ass or jumbo thighs going to keep you alive when slam into the wind shield at
fifty miles plus per hour?
How about your sagging pendulous breasts?

Doubtful.

Last edited:
Coming from a guy who keeps mindlessly repeating a point that's been addressed multiple times, that's pretty hilarious. I have no problem being "pathetic" by the standards of someone who only hears the roaring in his own empty head.
Obviously it's more important for you to be a contentious bitch than get to the bottom of leftist politician
Elanor Holmes Norton's claims.

Never thought I'd agree with her, given how we fight, but she owns you on this.
If you only knew how much your opinion mattered to me....you'd see how much I don't give a crap
what you think.
[/QUOTE]

Well cool...but...you do realize I wasn't talking to you right?

Why is it even political?
Because leftists can't stand the fact that some people find their political flunkies ridiculous at times.
Under representation of female crash test dummies is something right out of The Onion.

Of all the issues Elanor Holmes Norton could have spent time on. This seems like pandering
of the highest order.
Thinking that crash test dummies don't need to represent the population being tested is, at best, ignorant.

Making it a political issue strikes me as ... some of you people just have to find something to be outraged about. Even if it's not even political to begin with.

Obviously it's more important for you to be a contentious bitch than get to the bottom of leftist politician
If it takes contentious bitch to make sure that crash test data is as accurate as possible I'm all for it - leftist or rightist.

Why does it bother you?

... You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.
Exactly. And well made crash tests are expensive. It would by the way not make a big sense to simulate female breasts or other attractive fatty tissue with silicon or something like this. This would only dampen forces.

Who said anything about simulating breasts?

I. What do you suggest how to give such instruments a more "female" painting? Or if someone paints them blue makes this dummies more "male"? So what is this discussion really about? The discussion of laymen to tell technicians, physicians, scientistst and economists what they have to do in which way so romantic feelings ("free female dummies") about the equality of men and women start to create an absurde artificial reality? What about more public toiletts for women in all cities worldwide? 5 toilets for women per 1 toilet for men would produce much more equality between women and men than many other things. Equality comes not by handling everyone and everything in the same way. Why likes someone to see "female" dummies damaged in such destructive tests? What kind of perversity is this? Men have for example in average 1/3 more surface of bones - what changes nothing fro example of a higher danger to lose a left leg on a passenger seat in case of a crash - so it makes sense to use airbags for knees for example or it make sense to make another construction of the passenger compartement.

Once again, what the hell are you talking about? Where did the OP article say anything about painting? I have no fucking clue what YOU'RE discussing. I'M discussing the article cited in the OP. You're all over the damned map, babbling about painting and toilets and dummy-destruction fetishes.
What do you expect except the answer of a dummie in your crash test? You measured here something - but what is this what you measured? And what leads you the way now to ¿let? construct better transport vehicles?

If it takes contentious bitch to make sure that crash test data is as accurate as possible I'm all for it - leftist or rightist.

Why does it bother you?
Shitforbrains thinks they need to do 50,000 crash tests instead of one using validated extrapolated data.
Leftards hate science.

Why does it bother you?
Shitforbrains thinks they need to do 50,000 crash tests instead of one using validated extrapolated data.
Leftards hate science.
We are talking about the difference between men and women

Why does it bother you?
Leftards hate science.
We are talking about the difference between men and women
And I’m talking about science. All that data is already extrapolated.

Don't forget that we will need trans crash test dummies as well as homosexual and mixed race CTD too

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.

Why am I not surprised to hear that you talk without listening to what you're saying?
Why am I not surprised to see that you type without comprehending what others are typing?....pathetic

if its been addressed many times, and you don't listen, makes you ---pathetic

Wow! Just wow! An amazing conflation of anger and ignorance.
The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.
so the demmies in car seats are my imagination....thanx....

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
as i said, they already own them....why do you insist on being pathetic?

So basically, you didn't read the quote at all, any more than you read the article before shooting off your mouthabout what you "know" is going on.

The NHTSA has two models of supposedly "female" crash dummies. The only difference they have from the male dummies is their size. Their composition is exactly the same. And they never test the "female" dummies they have as drivers in frontal crash tests.

Why do YOU insist on being braindead?
why do you insist on being a retarded moron...i told you...they have had different size dummies for years...and you just go on bleating like a sheep w/a period

she don't either....must be her master isn't around to TELL the retard what to type

Wow! Just wow! An amazing conflation of anger and ignorance.
The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.
so the demmies in car seats are my imagination....thanx....

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
as i said, they already own them....why do you insist on being pathetic?
Never thought I'd agree with her, given how we fight, but she owns you on this. Why is it even political?
well, if you idiots ever paid attention, instead of being bleating sheep, you would already know they have had different sizes for years....duh
and honestly, i don't give 2 shits what you think

Well, if YOU ever thought, instead of being a kneejerk reactionary, you'd have noticed the multiple times - including in the OP article - that you've been told size isn't the only difference between male and female bodies.
tits and an ass are the other---necessities...right....you are a fucking retard

Forum List

Back