Democratic Congresswoman Calls For ‘Gender Equality’ In Crash Test Dummies

Just the FACT that the Dementocrats have more interest in large chunks of plastic, and have NO interest in the problems of human beings, should be reason enough to eliminate them all!!

That is completely unfair. Maybe you should have read the article.

“More important than differences in average height between males and females, there are also biological differences in anatomy, such as average neck strength and posture, that affect how female and male bodies react in a crash,” Norton’s office said in a statement.

Car companies still typically use a dummy modeled off of the 50th percentile male, which was standardized in the 1970’s, according to Consumer Reports. The dummy is a 171-pound, five-foot nine-inch male, even though the average male today is 26 pounds heavier, according to the report.

While males tend to drive more miles than women and are more likely to speed, drive under the influence and not wear a seatbelt, according to Consumer Reports, women are more likely to die.

Female drivers and passengers are roughly 17% more likely to be killed in a car crash than a male occupant of the same age, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

“Females are not just smaller versions of males,” co-scientific director of the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Kristy Abrogast said, according to Consumer Reports. “They’re put together differently. Their material properties–their structure– is different.”

Sounds to me like, in the context of a transportation committee, she IS showing reasonable concern for actual people.
Bullcrap!

If thats your argument, then there should be over 10,000 different dummies for "male" dummies and "female" dummies! Too many variables in humans. Dummies are made to a national average of human beings, not any one particular sex..........regardless of what PERSONAL OPINIONS are told by these consumer reports dungheads.

Standard dummies are fitted with a LOT of sensors and adjustment features to mimic ANY KIND OF HUMAN body or trait that is needed, in order for those testing the machines to get a good idea of what is happening!!

For the kind of testing YOU want, they would have to use REAL.........LIVE..........PEOPLE!! And aren't you a sick one for wanting that! Although I would agree prisoners, illegals, Libtardz, Snowflakes, BLM's, and Democrats could easily be sacrificed for such strides in safety.

Wow, that was certainly a whole lot of "This is how I see it, therefore this MUST be the only thing anyone could have meant!" there.

Come back and see me if you ever want to discuss the actual story, and not the partisan kneejerk fantasies you invented in your own head, won't you? I understand that all you can hear is, "Democrat, talking about genders, MUST BE IDENTITY POLITICS, HAS TO BE WRONG, I MUST OPPOSE ALL DEMOCRATS ON EVERYTHING!!" but I don't waste a lot of time talking to unhinged party fanatics as though they were real people, no matter what side they think they're on.
It is politics. Democrats are trying to override what the science community has established has a standard and trying to muck up our safety testing by adding tens of thousands of unnecessary variables at great expense.

Just say the crash test dummies identify as female.

Just put a dress on the dummy.

Can't we just use male dummies who identify as female dummies?

Brilliant Neo-GOPers. Brilliant!
Not a GOPer dumb ass, I left that party when it was under Bush and see absolutely no reason to return to either party, as both are corrupt and neither have American's best interest at heart. Nice idiotic knee jerk response that I have come to expect from you.
Just a dumb ass or ( idiotic knee jerk) response to a false headline?
It's called sarcasm and you are not that bright to catch it or you have no sense of humor. This country has seen a white women claim she was black and was head of a chapter of the NAACP. We have high school males that identify as females and compete in girls sports, we have people that identify as non-human or reincarnated from another life. So why not a male dummy identifying as a female dummy.
Thanks for the excellent example of why the crafters of the Click-bait headlines choose to use Gender instead of Physiological differences. So Trump Partiers can make fun of the Congresswoman who demands we put lipstick on crash dummies.

Keep up the good work.
No shock you buy into the anti science BS.

Wow! Just wow! An amazing conflation of anger and ignorance.
The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.
so the demmies in car seats are my imagination....thanx....

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
as i said, they already own them....why do you insist on being pathetic?

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.
I have no idea what you're going on about.

Why am I not surprised to hear that you talk without listening to what you're saying?
Why am I not surprised to see that you type without comprehending what others are typing?....pathetic

My husband says not to worry about it, HE'S man enough not to fear strong women.

Since your link was "proving" your "brilliant" announcement of what I've been telling you all along, I saw no need to read it or comment on it. The operative point was that you ignored it all the times I said it, and then popped out with it like it was an original idea.

So keep thinking you're an icon of reasonable conservative thought instead of a emotion-driven, kneejerk left-thinker. By all means.
I have no idea what you're going on about.
they don't either

View attachment 496432Democrats with their majority control are focused like a laser on the key issues facing Americans.
And what of the other 57 Heinz Variety genders you ask? Obviously Democrats are sexist.

Not satire. Satire is impossible with what the Left do

Oh, you mean like say, an obsession with Dr. Suess, Mr. Potato Head, Brittany Spears, Snow White?...those are really important issues that need addressing. :) Oh yeah, and everything is "woke". (A term by the way the only the right uses. It officially went out of vogue like five years ago). Suffice to say, there are whack-a-doodles on both sides of the aisle. They're just in a plethora on the right hand side of the aisle.
Yes, the Lefts attacks on Dr Sue’s, Mr Potato Head, Pepe le Pew etc are just more examples of how mentally ill Democrats are.

Dr. Sue's???????????

WTF, over!

Just say the crash test dummies identify as female.

Just put a dress on the dummy.

Can't we just use male dummies who identify as female dummies?

Brilliant Neo-GOPers. Brilliant!
Not a GOPer dumb ass, I left that party when it was under Bush and see absolutely no reason to return to either party, as both are corrupt and neither have American's best interest at heart. Nice idiotic knee jerk response that I have come to expect from you.
Just a dumb ass or ( idiotic knee jerk) response to a false headline?
It's called sarcasm and you are not that bright to catch it or you have no sense of humor. This country has seen a white women claim she was black and was head of a chapter of the NAACP. We have high school males that identify as females and compete in girls sports, we have people that identify as non-human or reincarnated from another life. So why not a male dummy identifying as a female dummy.
Thanks for the excellent example of why the crafters of the Click-bait headlines choose to use Gender instead of Physiological differences. So Trump Partiers can make fun of the Congresswoman who demands we put lipstick on crash dummies.

Keep up the good work.
No shock you buy into the anti science BS.

That's right. Everybody know women were just made weaker so that's why they die and get hurt more in auto accidents. No need to look any further. Settled science huh?

</sarcasm>

I say we use this moonbat, and the members of the Squalid Squad as crash test dummies.

Win for everyone.

Just the FACT that the Dementocrats have more interest in large chunks of plastic, and have NO interest in the problems of human beings, should be reason enough to eliminate them all!!

That is completely unfair. Maybe you should have read the article.

“More important than differences in average height between males and females, there are also biological differences in anatomy, such as average neck strength and posture, that affect how female and male bodies react in a crash,” Norton’s office said in a statement.

Car companies still typically use a dummy modeled off of the 50th percentile male, which was standardized in the 1970’s, according to Consumer Reports. The dummy is a 171-pound, five-foot nine-inch male, even though the average male today is 26 pounds heavier, according to the report.

While males tend to drive more miles than women and are more likely to speed, drive under the influence and not wear a seatbelt, according to Consumer Reports, women are more likely to die.

Female drivers and passengers are roughly 17% more likely to be killed in a car crash than a male occupant of the same age, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

“Females are not just smaller versions of males,” co-scientific director of the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Kristy Abrogast said, according to Consumer Reports. “They’re put together differently. Their material properties–their structure– is different.”

Sounds to me like, in the context of a transportation committee, she IS showing reasonable concern for actual people.
Bullcrap!

If thats your argument, then there should be over 10,000 different dummies for "male" dummies and "female" dummies! Too many variables in humans. Dummies are made to a national average of human beings, not any one particular sex..........regardless of what PERSONAL OPINIONS are told by these consumer reports dungheads.

Standard dummies are fitted with a LOT of sensors and adjustment features to mimic ANY KIND OF HUMAN body or trait that is needed, in order for those testing the machines to get a good idea of what is happening!!

For the kind of testing YOU want, they would have to use REAL.........LIVE..........PEOPLE!! And aren't you a sick one for wanting that! Although I would agree prisoners, illegals, Libtardz, Snowflakes, BLM's, and Democrats could easily be sacrificed for such strides in safety.

Wow, that was certainly a whole lot of "This is how I see it, therefore this MUST be the only thing anyone could have meant!" there.

Come back and see me if you ever want to discuss the actual story, and not the partisan kneejerk fantasies you invented in your own head, won't you? I understand that all you can hear is, "Democrat, talking about genders, MUST BE IDENTITY POLITICS, HAS TO BE WRONG, I MUST OPPOSE ALL DEMOCRATS ON EVERYTHING!!" but I don't waste a lot of time talking to unhinged party fanatics as though they were real people, no matter what side they think they're on.
It is politics. Democrats are trying to override what the science community has established has a standard and trying to muck up our safety testing by adding tens of thousands of unnecessary variables at great expense.
The science community acknowledges that you can't a curate safety data if you arent accurately reflecting the differences in the population. It isn't politics until you make it politics.

The only ignorance is not recognizing that men and women have very different bodies and it is important to have crash test summies that reflect that if you want to improve safety.
no shit....really....DUH
they do

Well, pretty obviously, they DON'T. I'm normally a bit skeptical about taking the word of politicians on anything, but it is a fact that the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard and seen a hell of a lot more information on this subject than I have. I'm hoping to see a lot more background and source documentation on this if the proposed bill comes up for debate, but it appears to me like they weren't trying to make any sort of grandstanding political statement here; it was The Daily Caller that was trying to sensationalize it.

Next time, trying reading the actual words, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures and thinking you know everything about the article.

"The NHTSA does have two female crash dummies, one which represents the 5th percentile adult female who is four-feet eleven-inches and weighs 108 pounds, and a “small adult female” with the same height but weighing only 97 pounds.

But Consumer Reports notes the dummies do not take into account “the biological differences between male and female bodies” and that in frontal crash tests performed using the 5th percentile female dummy, the dummy rides as a passenger rather than the driver’s seat."

Is there any other reading and thinking you need me to do for you while I'm at it?
Never thought I'd agree with her, given how we fight, but she owns you on this. Why is it even political?

Never thought I'd agree with her, given how we fight, but she owns you on this.
If you only knew how much your opinion mattered to me....you'd see how much I don't give a crap
what you think.

Why is it even political?
Because leftists can't stand the fact that some people find their political flunkies ridiculous at times.
Under representation of female crash test dummies is something right out of The Onion.

Of all the issues Elanor Holmes Norton could have spent time on. This seems like pandering
of the highest order.

Democrat Calls For ‘Gender Equality’ In Crash Test Dummies​

Democrat with their majority control are focused like a laser on the key issues facing Americans.

THANK GOD! Year after year I've asked: When will we get someone in Washington to straighten out the gender issue with our crash test dummies?!

We need them made:
  • Lesbian
  • Gay
  • Mizz
  • Cross Dresser
  • Trans
  • Drag Queen
  • Butch
  • Androgenous
  • Single White Angry College Liberal Female
  • Pathetic Old White Male Trump Supporter

She was asking that crash test dummies be designed to more accurately represent the body types of both male and female, in order to make test on damage to the human body during crashes more accurate for both.

It's not about gender equality is about accurate testing, but like a wheeze retards have to take everything out of context and make it political

no shit....really....DUH
they do

Never thought I'd agree with her, given how we fight, but she owns you on this. Why is it even political?
well, if you idiots ever paid attention, instead of being bleating sheep, you would already know they have had different sizes for years....duh
and honestly, i don't give 2 shits what you think

... You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.
Exactly. And well made crash tests are expensive. It would by the way not make a big sense to simulate female breasts or other attractive fatty tissue with silicon or something like this. This would only dampen forces.

Who said anything about simulating breasts?

I. What do you suggest how to give such instruments a more "female" painting? Or if someone paints them blue makes this dummies more "male"? So what is this discussion really about? The discussion of laymen to tell technicians, physicians, scientistst and economists what they have to do in which way so romantic feelings ("free female dummies") about the equality of men and women start to create an absurde artificial reality? What about more public toiletts for women in all cities worldwide? 5 toilets for women per 1 toilet for men would produce much more equality between women and men than many other things. Equality comes not by handling everyone and everything in the same way. Why likes someone to see "female" dummies damaged in such destructive tests? What kind of perversity is this? Men have for example in average 1/3 more surface of bones - what changes nothing fro example of a higher danger to lose a left leg on a passenger seat in case of a crash - so it makes sense to use airbags for knees for example or it make sense to make another construction of the passenger compartement.

Once again, what the hell are you talking about? Where did the OP article say anything about painting? I have no fucking clue what YOU'RE discussing. I'M discussing the article cited in the OP. You're all over the damned map, babbling about painting and toilets and dummy-destruction fetishes.

no shit....really....DUH
they do

well, if you idiots ever paid attention, instead of being bleating sheep, you would already know they have had different sizes for years....duh
and honestly, i don't give 2 shits what you think

Well, if YOU ever thought, instead of being a kneejerk reactionary, you'd have noticed the multiple times - including in the OP article - that you've been told size isn't the only difference between male and female bodies.

no shit....really....DUH
they do

So basically, you didn't read the quote at all, any more than you read the article before shooting off your mouthabout what you "know" is going on.

The NHTSA has two models of supposedly "female" crash dummies. The only difference they have from the male dummies is their size. Their composition is exactly the same. And they never test the "female" dummies they have as drivers in frontal crash tests.

Why do YOU insist on being braindead?

Forum List

Back