Democrat liberal atheist dating republican conservative christian creationist

john54

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2018
No joke here, I've been dating a woman opposite to me in politics and faith (I'm not of a faith and don't believe in God) for a few months. We have had repeated explosive arguments on a number of things and don't agree on very many counts at all politics-wise or faith-wise...we remain very attracted to, and in love with each other. Still, she takes issue with my watching sex scenes in movies and making lighthearted jokes about Christianity, and I take issue with her fascination with guns and faith-based judgmentalism of everyone and everything. At the same time I care deeply about her and am trying to see if this can work long term. I'm wondering if once enough of the mines have been exploded and we know where they are if such a relationship could have a future. Thoughts?

No joke here, I've been dating a woman opposite to me in politics and faith (I'm not of a faith and don't believe in God) for a few months. We have had repeated explosive arguments on a number of things and don't agree on very many counts at all politics-wise or faith-wise...we remain very attracted to, and in love with each other. Still, she takes issue with my watching sex scenes in movies and making lighthearted jokes about Christianity, and I take issue with her fascination with guns and faith-based judgmentalism of everyone and everything. At the same time I care deeply about her and am trying to see if this can work long term. I'm wondering if once enough of the mines have been exploded and we know where they are if such a relationship could have a future. Thoughts?

"Watching sex scenes in movies"

and

"Faith-based judgmentalism of everyone and everything"?

Yeah. This seems just to pat to me. You're either making this up or you see the world in too many caricatures. And that could be the source of the arguments.

Her own faith should prevent her from hooking up with you.

A Christian should not be "unequally yoked" with an unbeliever.

But many Christians just ignore such warnings and some don't really take their faith seriously at all, so there is that.

tenor.gif

"Watching sex scenes in movies"

and

"Faith-based judgmentalism of everyone and everything"?

Yeah. This seems just to pat to me. You're either making this up or you see the world in too many caricatures. And that could be the source of the arguments.
Talk about faith based judgementalism...

But many Christians just ignore such warnings and some don't really take their faith seriously at all, so there is that.
In that I turned atheist years after my husband were married.

There's no hooking up I'm perfectly fine with waiting til after marriage to sleep together. It's not as big a deal to me as it is for some.

I'm intimately familiar with 2 corinthians 6:14-18 as it's been the source of numerous arguments between us. Such as, why in a Bible of 720,000 words is there only a single verse condemning marriage between a Christian and unbeliever (who doesn't believe in other Gods) and why is there a qualifying word like "unequally"? Maybe there's a way for it to be equal.

In this case she is right 100%. As a Jew, I view observant Christians as Righteous Noahides.

You should also look into the Sevn Laws of Noah.

Forum List

Back