Democrat Law Professor (Turley) Calls on Pelosi to Resign!!!

George Washington University Law professor and self described Democrat Jonathan Turley is calling for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to resign if she can't maintain the dignity of her position.

"While many will celebrate her trolling of the president, she tore up something far more important than a speech. Pelosi has shredded decades of tradition, decorum, and civility that the nation could use now more than ever. The House speaker is more than a political partisan, particularly when carrying out functions such as the State of the Union address. A president appears in the House as a guest of both chambers of Congress. The House speaker represents not her party or herself but the entirety of the chamber. At that moment, she must transcend her own political ambitions and loyalties," Turley writes at The Hill. "If Trump made the State of the Union look like Oprah, then Pelosi made it look like Jerry Springer."

In his piece, Turley chides the Speaker for failing to use proper titles while introducing President Trump and called her decision to rip up the text of his speech "revolting." Pelosi justified her behavior by saying it was the "courteous thing to do."

"Pelosi has demolished decades of tradition with this poorly considered moment. Of course, many will celebrate her conduct and be thrilled by the insult to Trump. However, even those of us who disagree with his policies should consider what Pelosi destroyed in her moment of rage. She shredded the pretense of governing with civility and dignity in the House. Notably, she did not wait to rip up her copy of the speech until after she left the House floor. Pelosi wanted to do it at the end of the speech, in front of the camera, with the president still in the chamber," he continued.

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

--------------

comduct that warrants her removal.

she planned it all along. we have the video of her practicing and doing the microtears during the speech.
/—-/ I heard it mentioned Piglosi broke a federal law by destroying the document. I’m not a lawyer and don’t know if it’s true.

See my post number 60 Cellblock.

Speaker Pelosi: "He has shredded the truth in his speech. He's shredding the constitution in his conduct. I shredded his state of his mind address."

More and more it's clear that the modern democrat Party needs to move offshore to a country more to their liking. They've nothing in common with America

Trump's policies have very little to do with America. Nearly everyone of them are unpopular with America.

How are we defining "America"? Your personal friends and family, plus all the people on your favorite mainstream media outlet?

Her antics are an effort to appease her base and garner their support. She knows the Ds failed miserably. She’s just trying to save face as the election approaches.

I think she's just old and cranky. January jobs report was incredible. The economy is doing fantastic. They couldn't convince Republicans to stall their little impeachment show to keep Sander's and Warren benched thus giving Joe the run of the country for his nomination. To add insult to injury, Barr and Durham are looking into the actions of the last administration.

Everything they do turns to crap. The Russian hoax failed, the attempt to stop Kavanaugh failed, the impeachment failed, their caucus failed, their pick for presidential nomination is currently failing, and Trump's likelihood of reelection has never been stronger.

View attachment 305022

The recovery started under Obama. The unemployment rate was 4.8%. Barr and Durham are abusing their authority which seems to be par for this administration.

There was no Russia hoax. Trump is getting help from the Russians for 2020. We have a sexual assaulter on the Supreme Court. The impeachment hardly failed. The Republican House and Senate showed there is ONE honest person. Trump will not be re-elected as Americans oppose his policies.

And if you state it as fact often enough, maybe it will magically change the fact that YOU LOSE.

I'm an American and I vote Democratic, and I suspect that I have been an American longer than you.

None of which ever spoke to Trump directly about it. They all assumed.....except Sondland of course, and he testified that Trump told him he wanted no quid pro quo.

Of course he exclaimed "No QPQ" after the whistle blowers complaint was finally reported. Sondland also testified they were all in on the scheme. "No announcement of investigations, no aid, no meeting."

What I don't understand is why they didn't subpoena all the other principles and immediately challenge their refusal to cooperate in court. I think they'd have been in a better position to get the Senate to join with their subpoenas.

But they didn't ask me.

Wait a minute, I thought the Democrats had everything they needed for a justified impeachment. I thought they told us it was a slam dunk. If they really thought Trump was out to extort Zelensky, why didn't they sit quietly and wait for him to actually do it?

The truth of the matter is it's all made up. They knew that's not what Trump was up to. He was looking into their favorite contender for the nomination. They wanted to do something.....anything to try and stop him. As for the witnesses they wanted, they can't even state what they were looking for. They were just hoping that they would run into something by accident. They could have called any witness they liked, and when Trump refused to let them testify, take it to court like the Republicans did when DumBama refused to hand over documents in the Fast and Furious case. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

The Dems under estimated the Trumpublicans fealty to the Trumpybear.

To imagine it's all made up however is like pole vaulting from the calculus of reason into a pit of abstract chaos.

Let's say you suspected your neighbors kid of going into your garage and stealing stuff. So you start watching. The kid starts walking down your driveway, you stop him, call the police, and tell the police you "thought" he was going to steal more stuff from your garage. What do you suppose the police would tell you?

Now if you wanted to prove your claim, you would wait until after you had a recording of him going into the garage empty handed, and coming out with your belongings, then call the police.

One of the many reasons this impeachment is phony as a three dollar bill is because they impeached Trump based on what they said was in his mind. Forget about what Trump said, forget no quid pro quo happened, forget all that. Now we have the first impeachment conducted by Thought Police. They knew what he was thinking when he asked Zelensky for that favor, they knew the future which is Biden would be his contender, and they knew what Zelensky was thinking when Trump asked for that favor.

SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE....SUCK ON THAT ANTI-AMERICANS!!!!!

trump-paper-2-AP.jpg

And WHO PAID FOR THE RUSSIAN DOSSIER AGAINST TRUMP....THE DNC AND THE HILDEBEAST....DO YOU DENY THESE FACTS?...IT IS THE BEASTY THST NEEDS TO BE ARRESTED FOR FOREIGN INTERFERENCE!

THE RUSSIANS HACKED THE DNC SERVERS AND PODESTA'S E-MAILS TO HELP TRUMP. TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN GAVE A PERSON WITH TIES TO RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE INTERNAL POLLING DATA AND OTHER CAMPAIGN INFORMATION. LIAR.

Podesta's email password was P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D. So the emails got hacked under DumBama, but blame the civilian not in government like Trump.
If you call hiring Pakistani hackers with criminal records and giving them Admin Rights to Podesta's Emails, especially when the password was password....probably reset by The Pakistanis, Hacking, then I am a hacker.

Seth Rich was friends with this group and they were Sanders fans, and that is how Assange got Podesta's Emails....via a Thumb Drive.

Now Where is Assange? Same place Guccifer is.

Locked away and SILENCED FOREVER!

Whatever happened to the right to a speedy trial?

Why wasn't Mueller ever interested in Assange, The Death of Seth Rich, or talking to The Pakistani Hackers?

Why was THE DNC SERVER NEVER SUBPOENAED?

The way I understood it is that Rich's laptop was confiscated by the local police department, and then erased like Hillary's server. I also read that if the Russians downloaded those emails, there would have been a trace on it in the server itself. All uploads and downloads leave a record, and there was no record of such a transfer on the DNC server. Therefore you are correct, it was an inside job; somebody that had permission to get into that room with the server.

There was no server in a room.
How many people did Obama Kill with his.....

Not nearly as many as President Bush did when he invaded and occupied Iraq.
Obama and Hillary destabilized middle east countries with millions of refugees also. Casualties and deaths from it. No declared war, but carnage none the less.

Strong arming a ally for help in the election is okay. OMG but gasp, tearing up his holiness's script! Sacrilege! Off with her head!

Who strong armed anybody? And who ever did what that pig did?

"The president asked a foreign government to investigate his political rival. The president withheld vital military funds from that government to press it to do so. The president delayed funds for an American ally at war with Russian invaders. The president’s purpose was personal and political. Accordingly, the president is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust.

What he did was not perfect. No, it was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security and our fundamental values. Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine."

"I sought to hear testimony from John Bolton, not only because I believed he could add context to the charges, but also because I hoped that what he might say could raise reasonable doubt and thus remove from me the awful obligation to vote for impeachment."

<Mitts speach> NY time paywall.....

It was a first for the "Pig" as you say, to weaponize foreign aid money against the opposing party. No other president has done that.

Well we've been through this a hundred times already, so I'll just make the necessary points.

* Trump released the aid ahead of schedule.
* Trump never threatened to withhold aid based on Zelensky's cooperation.
* Joe Biden was not his opponent, not his opponent today, and he won't be unless he wins the nomination.
* Zelensky stated he felt no pressure from Trump.
* Zelensky didn't even know the aid was held up until over a month after the phone call.
* Ukraine got all their aid with nothing in return.

-Trump released the aid once the hold-up became public
-Trump did threaten to hold aid up and Zelensky was aware of it shortly after he took office
-Biden is a political rival and clearly they are still afraid of him as witnessed by Graham announcing a potential use of his power
-Zelensky is not going to admit it because he does not want to get in the middle of this
-Untrue. Zelensky was aware of it well before the call
-Ukraine got it once the hold-up became public\

You got nothing right.

I'm sure you're convinced that's carved-in-stone, indisputable reality.

Too bad you couldn't prove it to anyone else.

Trump cannot complain, with any sincerity or lack of hypocrisy, of any uncivil treatment towards him as potus after how he treated Obama.

Once Trump leaves politics … maybe we'll see some return to civility.

No he def. wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. China too.

What is wrong with that??

If Hunter Biden is proven to have received KICKBACKS of US foreign aid, and payoffs for sweetheart trade deals.... why shouldn't the American people know, and why shouldn't Hunter and Joe be held accountable???

You are SCARED of the TRUTH
You want THE TRUTH BURIED

YOUR ATTITUDE is that if DEMS STEAL, THAT's GREAT, and FUCK ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INVESTIGATE IT!!!

During the House Intel Coup Hearings, Democrat Constitutional Expert Turley testified:
1. President Trump did NOT violate the Constitution
2. President Trump did NOT break the law
3. President Trump did NOT abuse his power
4. The only ones who DID abuse their power and continue to do so were / are Pelosi and the Democrats

....and the Democrats STILL - with no crime, no evidence, & no witnesses - voted partisanly to Impeach the President.

After their coup attempt crashed and burned, some are calling for Pelosi to be removed from the House....some are calling for her to be Censured....some are demanding she resign...while members of her own Democrats in the House are celebrating her humiliating defeat and plotting to have her removed as Speaker of the House.....which voters may do that for AOC this fall.

It's got to be a bit@h, though, having one of Schiff's personally approved witnesses contribute to the President's acquittal and is now calling for her to resign.

:p

George Washington University Law professor and self described Democrat Jonathan Turley is calling for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to resign if she can't maintain the dignity of her position.
The fish stinks from the head. If Trump can't maintain the dignity of his office, don't be surprised that others throw it back in his face.
So you believe in “he started it first.” My kids believed that, then they turned six.
If the "he" was you, then they had a point.

So you believe in the "he started it" BS. Good to know kid.

Trump has been a offensive, obnoxious egomaniac who has violated every bit of decorum the office once held from day one. Even a large number of his supporters wish he would be more responsible with his tweets.

And you've investigated and hounded him on every damned thing you can come up with. So now it's Nancy's turn.

Or did you think consequences only ran one way?

Once Trump leaves politics … maybe we'll see some return to civility.
Agreed. After 5 more years, when he finally leaves office, there is hope that his absence will result in the return to 'normalcy', the end of 'TDS', of unbridled, out-of-control, blind, irrational, easily emotionally-manipulated butt-hurt hatred from the Left that has dragged this nation through over 3 years of Liberal / Democrat Constitutional violations, denial of American Constitutional Rights, crimes, FISA Court Abuses, espionage, sedition, etc....

Attempting to blame the President, however, for what has been going on is like blaming the WALL for the mental patient who uses his head as a battering ram having to wear a helmet all the time.

(CNN) — House Republicans plan to introduce a disapproval resolution condemning House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for ripping up her copy of President Donald Trump’s State of the Union speech.

A vote related to the resolution is expected in the House on Thursday, according to House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer’s office, though the measure — a privileged resolution under the House rules — is not expected to pass. Procedurally, the vote is likely to be on whether to table the resolution, rather than on the resolution itself.

Later Thursday, Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican who’s a strong Trump supporter and defender, said on Twitter that he was filing an ethics complaint against Pelosi. He attached a letter addressed to Reps. Ted Deutch, a Florida Democrat who’s the chairman of the House Ethics Committee, and Kenny Marchant of Texas, the committee’s top Republican.

“BREAKING: I’m filing an ethics complaint against @SpeakerPelosi for destroying @realDonaldTrump’s State of the Union speech,” he tweeted. “Her conduct was beneath the dignity of the House, and a potential violation of law (18 USC 2071),” a measure concerning the destruction of government records.

House GOP members introduce resolution to condemn Pelosi for ripping up Trump’s speech

Matt Gaetz is a clown. This ethics complaint should be filed in the trash can. Gaetz illegally crashed a secured room and talked on a cell phone which is against the rules. The headline exonerates her. She ripped up HER copy.

I just heard, "I don't like him, because he doesn't agree with me! Anything I don't agree with should be ignored, because the world should only include things I like!"

Forum List

Back