Democrat introduces bill to restore voting rights to millions of convicted felons

Only States can restore voting rights, Mr. Conyers might need a refresher course on the Constitution, there are no elections to federal offices. only elections for State representatives to congress or State electors to the electoral college. Also the Constitution charges States with running their own elections and most States have procedures for the restoration of voting rights, congress doesn't have the authority to interfere. But I doubt it will ever make it out of committee.

Are you saying Congress doesn't have authority over "federal" elections?

I just explained in detail that federal elections don't exist, they only exist in liberal la la land.

Federal offices exist - therefore federal elections exist - even though they take place within the states.

Ok, quote the constitution and show me where I got it wrong.

Read the Constitution on federal elections, such as Articles One and Two, along with various related amendments.

I have, that's the reason I challenged you to quote it and prove me wrong, you can't can you?

Are you saying Congress doesn't have authority over "federal" elections?

I just explained in detail that federal elections don't exist, they only exist in liberal la la land.

Federal offices exist - therefore federal elections exist - even though they take place within the states.

Read the Constitution on federal elections, such as Articles One and Two, along with various related amendments.

I have, that's the reason I challenged you to quote it and prove me wrong, you can't can you?

Okay, I surrender. There are no federal offices and therefore no federal elections. All Constitution and Internet references to federal elections are imaginary. The states control all elections. There, does that make you happy?

Okay, I surrender. There are no federal offices and therefore no federal elections. All Constitution and Internet references to federal elections are imaginary. The states control all elections. There, does that make you happy?

No because I am under no illusion that your are sincere. But feel free to carry on in la la land.

My buddy was convicted of a felony for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in his early 20's. The guy would never hurt a fly and has never had any trouble with the law besides that one run in. I believe he's able to vote again but he can't do things like purchase a gun and maybe a couple of other things. We're in the state of Virginia. Laws in this country are fucked up.
What party do you suppose most of those fellon's would vote for? I smell a rat.
Uh... no idea. Why are you suspicious?
Me? Suspicious? Nah.

Forum List

Back