Delegitimising Israel: Nobody does it better than the Israelis themselves

A country which does not allow criticism cannot learn or be a democracy.

If only people would actually criticize Israel's government and that government's actions. But people spend all of their time delegitimizing Israel/Jews and demonizing Israel/Jews and arguing for the removal, restriction, or refusal of Jewish rights.

Show me one arab muslim country that has a free press, or civil/human rights.
Not one Arab country is a democracy as far as I know but the topic of this thread is Israel.

The topic is always Israel, even when it isn't. Without context, there is no conversation. When the arab muslim countries get a free press, protect minorities, women and provide basic civil rights, THEN we can talk about Israel's quality of life.

Not one Arab country is a democracy as far as I know but the topic of this thread is Israel.

The topic is always Israel, even when it isn't. Without context, there is no conversation. When the arab muslim countries get a free press, protect minorities, women and provide basic civil rights, THEN we can talk about Israel's quality of life.

Why would the topic be about any other country besides Palestine and Israel? You do realize this is the I/P folder.

Shushast, I posted criticism of Israeli actions posted by other Israeli's in the thread Israel to confront complicity with Bosnian genocide

Which was condemned as "blood Libel" or worse, some Jews take the stance that Israel can do no wrong But I suggest some of israel's leader's never miss an opportunity
to delegitimize Israel in front of world opinion, It's almost if they need the confrontation to stay in Power

Last edited:
Why Is Europe Still Funding Palestinian Terrorism?

"There is always an excuse if you want one. However, Zaki does reside in the PA and even if he did not, it is completely irrelevant since PA President Mahmoud Abbas and his cohorts themselves are doing a terrific job of inciting, supporting and rewarding terrorism. PMW pointed this out to the Danish minister, saying that “not only does Zaki reside in the PA, but more importantly, Fatah has not been a moderating voice during this current terror campaign. On the contrary, Fatah and its senior leadership are actively promoting terror against Israelis, including the unequivocal glorification of those who have killed and injured Israelis in terror attacks.”"

While America stifles free speech, Ireland opens up the debate on Israel’s legitimacy and exceptionalism

The laugh is that Israel does a splendid job of delegitimising itself without any outside help. In the wake of the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan, which granted the Jews territory within defined borders, they declared statehood in 1948 without borders, grabbing as much extra land as they could by armed terror and ethnic cleansing. The new state of Israel’s admission to the UN in 1949 was conditional upon honouring the UN Charter and implementing UN General Assembly Resolutions 181 and 194. It failed to do so and to this day repeatedly violates provisions and principles of the charter.

Israel even fails to comply with the provisions of the European Union-Israel Association Agreement of 1995 which requires adherence to the principles of the UN Charter and states that “respect for human rights and democratic principle constitute an essential element of this agreement”, in return for trading privileges. It gets the privileges without delivering on the obligations.

In 2004 the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague ruled that construction of what’s often referred to as the Apartheid Wall breaches international law and Israel must dismantle it and make reparation. Israel nevertheless continues building its hideous wall with American tax dollars. The ICJ also ruled that

all states are under an obligation not to recognise the illegal situation resulting from the construction of the wall and not to render aid or assistance in maintaining the situation created by such construction.
Delegitimising Israel: Nobody does it better than the Israelis themselves

Israel and it's little helper's
Spam bot.

Ignore list.

If only people would actually criticize Israel's government and that government's actions. But people spend all of their time delegitimizing Israel/Jews and demonizing Israel/Jews and arguing for the removal, restriction, or refusal of Jewish rights.
In my experience, whenever there is criticism Israeli policies and treatment of Arabs/Palestinians, it is customarily and falsely assumed that all such posters are anti-Jewish.

As for "delegitimizing" Israel, I am supposing that means Israel is a country built upon land stolen from the Palestinian Arabs. Well, this is a fact of history but it is also a present-day fact that Israel exists, is a sovereign country and a member of the United Nations. So, it is as legitimate as the USA.
I do not know what "delegitimizing" Jews means.
If by criticizing what Israel does to Arab Palestinians is what is meant by "demonizing" Israel then your post is self-contradictory

Israel's conduct with the Palestinians blackens its name throughout the world.

What conduct is that? So to the mentally ill, self defense is an issue.

As for facts, arab muslim treatment of non-muslims in the mideast for the last 1,400 years blackens their name throughout the world.
The violations of international and human rights law are so numerous that books have been written about it.

It has to be acknowledged that American politicians are reliably expected to defend Israel's policies and conduct, seeing no distinction between Jews and the Jewish state.

Nor should there be. Arab muslims mass deported all jews from their countries because they were jewish, and muslims around the world attack jews because they are jewish. There is only one jewish state, and 57 muslims ones. When I see the level of requirements and spotlight focused on arab muslim / muslim countries as Israel is held it, THEN I might be willing to discuss Israel's behavior, which morally VASTLY exceeds that of any muslim country.

Because they wont give in to their demand and hand them the whole of the M.E. I wonder if you would allow 6 million Jews to migrate to your state and set up shop, or if you would start trouble .

Just what has Israel done to the terrorists that the US is not doing to the terrorists in Syria ?

In my experience, whenever there is criticism Israeli policies and treatment of Arabs/Palestinians, it is customarily and falsely assumed that all such posters are anti-Jewish.

As for "delegitimizing" Israel, I am supposing that means Israel is a country built upon land stolen from the Palestinian Arabs. Well, this is a fact of history but it is also a present-day fact that Israel exists, is a sovereign country and a member of the United Nations. So, it is as legitimate as the USA.
I do not know what "delegitimizing" Jews means.
If by criticizing what Israel does to Arab Palestinians is what is meant by "demonizing" Israel then your post is self-contradictory

When you start using emotive language like massacre and murder to describe the defense of Israel then it is not valid criticism but anti semitic racism. You never criticize the arab muslims for their illegal weapons, breaches of international law, flouting of the Geneva conventions and disregard for the IHL. Yet let Israel respond to 100 illegal rockets with force and you claim it is apartheid or genocide, not self defense

What conduct is that? So to the mentally ill, self defense is an issue.

As for facts, arab muslim treatment of non-muslims in the mideast for the last 1,400 years blackens their name throughout the world.
The violations of international and human rights law are so numerous that books have been written about it.

And not once have any of the charges been proven or brought to court. The only books have been written by rabid neo nazi scum that are prepared to lie so they can demonise and deligitimise Israel and the Jews

If only people would actually criticize Israel's government and that government's actions.
The BDS call is strictly about Israel's actions. They are very clear about that.

LIAR

here is what their own site says

The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement works to end international support for Israel's oppression of Palestinians and pressure Israel to comply with international law.

BDS Movement

Why would the topic be about any other country besides Palestine and Israel? You do realize this is the I/P folder.

So why do you bring up South Africa all the time, Physician heal thyself

If only people would actually criticize Israel's government and that government's actions.
The BDS call is strictly about Israel's actions. They are very clear about that.

LIAR

The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement works to end international support for Israel's oppression of Palestinians and pressure Israel to comply with international law.

BDS Movement
Indeed, that is just what I said. Thank you.

The BDS'ers are little more than just another hate group. You have demonstrated that with the goofy YouTube videos you litter various threads with. The angry, shrill whining of those YouTube curmudgeons is no different than what we see in 1930's Nazi propaganda rhetoric.

LIAR

BDS Movement
Indeed, that is just what I said. Thank you.

So you prove yet again that you cant read English as the site says it is for the ending of international support for Israel not about what Israel does. It has been ambushed by neo nazi's and neo marxists in the west and this means it is being used to racially abuse the Jews. That is why it is banned in most western nations, and is the reason for changes in race laws

Things that are NOT valid criticism of Israel:

Delegitimization
  • denial of Israel's right to exist
  • denial of the Jewish people's rights to independence, self-determination or a State
  • denial of the Jewish people's rights to safety and security (including the right to self defense)
  • denial of the history of the Jewish people in the land
  • denial of the connection of the Jewish people to the territory
  • denial of the existence of the Jewish people as a people
  • disqualifying the Jewish people from being a people
  • unequal assignation of the rights of Palestinians and Jews ("Palestinian land" and stolen land)
  • requirement for the Jewish State not to be fundamentally identified as State for the Jewish people
  • non-factual statements played as being factual (1967 "borders")

Demonization
  • any of the common anti-semitic canards
  • assigning responsibility for the continued conflict only to the Jews or Israelis
  • using negative emotive language when discussing Jews or Jewish Israelis ("routinely murder")
  • softening the language when discussing Palestinian acts or behaviours ("resistance")
  • ascribing genocide or apartheid to Jews or Israelis
  • claiming evil intent on the part of Jews or Israelis
  • any reference to Hitler, Nazis or the Shoah not directly related to those occurences and their time

95% of the conversations on this forum center around the above. And 100% of them eventually devolve in various forms of delegitimization in particular. Almost no one actually discusses Israeli policy.

Now, to be fair, Team Israel also has habits which are detrimental to the conversations with their own brand of delegitimizing and demonization: claiming Palestine doesn't exist, "islamo-nazi", dehumanization, implying all Arabs or all Muslims are terrorists, calls for ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Things that are NOT valid criticism of Israel:

Delegitimization
  • denial of Israel's right to exist
  • denial of the Jewish people's rights to independence, self-determination or a State
  • denial of the Jewish people's rights to safety and security (including the right to self defense)
  • denial of the history of the Jewish people in the land
  • denial of the connection of the Jewish people to the territory
  • denial of the existence of the Jewish people as a people
  • disqualifying the Jewish people from being a people
  • unequal assignation of the rights of Palestinians and Jews ("Palestinian land" and stolen land)
  • requirement for the Jewish State not to be fundamentally identified as State for the Jewish people
  • non-factual statements played as being factual (1967 "borders")

Demonization
  • any of the common anti-semitic canards
  • assigning responsibility for the continued conflict only to the Jews or Israelis
  • using negative emotive language when discussing Jews or Jewish Israelis ("routinely murder")
  • softening the language when discussing Palestinian acts or behaviours ("resistance")
  • ascribing genocide or apartheid to Jews or Israelis
  • claiming evil intent on the part of Jews or Israelis
  • any reference to Hitler, Nazis or the Shoah not directly related to those occurences and their time

95% of the conversations on this forum center around the above. And 100% of them eventually devolve in various forms of delegitimization in particular. Almost no one actually discusses Israeli policy.

Now, to be fair, Team Israel also has habits which are detrimental to the conversations with their own brand of delegitimizing and demonization: claiming Palestine doesn't exist, "islamo-nazi", dehumanization, implying all Arabs or all Muslims are terrorists, calls for ethnic cleansing and genocide.
I am not that familiar with this forum to know for sure that your statistics are correct but not everyone who holds some of the opinions in your two long lists makes them antisemites. So, for example, I believe Israel was founded on stolen Palestinian land and I also believe Israel for its occupation of Palestine, the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, thus assigning responsibility for the continued conflict only on the Israelis. I am not, however, antisemitic.

Forum List

Back