Defund NPR campain

Actually just make them remove news from the title as false advertising.

Why do the right fear PBS/NPR so much?

I gave them $1,000 recently.

Their actual news is far less sensationalized and biased with more comprehensive coverage than any netowrk news.
And the PBS Nightly news and nightly business report is mostly conservative slanted.

The right doesn't fear NPR, they just object to being forced to fund leftist propaganda. What escapes you is that the right would object to public funding for the Rush Limbaugh Show too.

Can you back that up with a link?

Yup. I found it on the interweb from a very reliable source
The right doesn't fear NPR, they just object to being forced to fund leftist propaganda. What escapes you is that the right would object to public funding for the Rush Limbaugh Show too.

Last edited:
Which premise? That Righties are ignorant? Read this thread!

You support a station that only exists because the public coffers prop them up and say the Right is ignorant? NPR has what, 10 listeners?

Who's ignorant?

Who's ignorant? You are, of course. Listen to NPR, and listen to those who call in with their comments. Then, listen to Limbaugh or Hannity, and listen to those who call in with their comments ("Ah, ditto Rush, ditto ditto ditto...").

Rush Jong Il. :lol:

Which premise? That Righties are ignorant? Read this thread!

You support a station that only exists because the public coffers prop them up and say the Right is ignorant? NPR has what, 10 listeners?

Who's ignorant?

Who's ignorant? You are, of course. Listen to NPR, and listen to those who call in with their comments. Then, listen to Limbaugh or Hannity, and listen to those who call in with their comments ("Ah, ditto Rush, ditto ditto ditto...").

I have, this is why I stopped listening to NPR way back. Bunch of stuck up shit-for-brains that think their smart solely because they listen to NPR. And note to you.. they ain't all that smart. Look at Nina Totenberg... complete fuckwit if there ever was one. So much pretentious bullshit is all NPR is.

If NPR & PBS didn't spew so much Left propaganda,the Leftists wouldn't be defending them so vigorously. The proof really is in the pudding on this one. Look how hard the Left tries to spin for NPR & PBS. If Conservatives were allowed on NPR & PBS,the Left's support would erode even further. When people are exposed to Conservative ideals,they usually embrace them. And that's very bad news for the Left/Democrats. Therefore they make sure no Conservatives/Republicans get on the air. Look closely at all their Hosts. All are well known Leftists/Democrats. They simply fear Conservatives. They should be Defunded unless they're willing to put some Conservatives/Republicans on the air.

Last edited:
Ahhh... deflecting to Rush, Booooooooooosh and spelling.

Gotta love liberal ADD.

retarded-boy.gif

Last edited:
They still receive 16% of their funding from the federal government - with another 14% from universities (which largely feed from the public trough).

If there programming is so valuable, they should be able to exist with no taxpayer support.

It's also important to note that the Kroc estate avoided an enormous amount of estate taxes by making contributions to NPR.

Lets not forget the 49% subsidies through tax breaks. Sounds like its close to a 100% taxpayer funded.

More and more ignorance on display.

Charitable contributions to non-profit organizations is what I speak, ignorance on display you aptly demonstrate.

Say, maybe you could get that fuckhead from Breitphart.com to help create some lying bullshit propaganda (you know some selectively cut video clips that makes it look like NPR worships the devil) that all the connies would buy into too?

Personally I think the FCC should revoke the Faux News license to broadcast.

On what grounds? That you don't like them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Troll.
:eusa_hand:

Look, there is no direct funding for NPR from Congress. It's gonna take a lying bit of propaganda like the fuckwad from Brietphart is now famous for, to convince the "conned" that some how Congress has the ability to de-fund them. Okay maybe the "conned" have already been conned and the MSM need a way to hook on to the story to decieve the masses

Faux has betrayed the public trust by broadcasting from a single political perspective 24/7.

Truth and facts and reality ALL have a Liberal bias, yes.
To those unwilling to acknowledge any other point of view, yes.

Truth, facts, and reality do not need to acknowledge another point of view.

Reality: "this is how it is, but I should also really acknowledge how it isn't, just to be fair".

:cuckoo:

Where your thinking fails is that you believe your outlook is reality, uncolored by innate bias.

Who's ignorant?

I have, this is why I stopped listening to NPR way back. Bunch of stuck up shit-for-brains that think their smart solely because they listen to NPR. And note to you.. they ain't all that smart. Look at Nina Totenberg... complete fuckwit if there ever was one. So much pretentious bullshit is all NPR is.

Some is pretentious and there is an element of elite intellectualism. But much much more is substantive and informative, thought provoking and entertaining. Serious issues are dealt with the detail and diversity of opinon needed to help one develop an informative opinon.
The programming is not "bullshit" as you seem to want others to believe; and if what you hear you consider bullshit, the hosts on NPR will always listen to your point of view, unlike other talk radio hosts who hang up and pretend the caller is still on the line while they deliver a lecture.

Conservatives do not believe in public education. They believe in hom skooling.
That's because liberals have screwed up public education.
Liberals spell just fine.
They do, but you have to make a deliberate effort to ignore it when they spell something wrong.
You must have missed the "so many" part.
Oh, where are those words in this sentence: "Liberals spell just fine"?

Say, maybe you could get that fuckhead from Breitphart.com to help create some lying bullshit propaganda (you know some selectively cut video clips that makes it look like NPR worships the devil) that all the connies would buy into too?

Personally I think the FCC should revoke the Faux News license to broadcast.

On what grounds? That you don't like them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Troll.
:eusa_hand:

Look, there is no direct funding for NPR from Congress. It's gonna take a lying bit of propaganda like the fuckwad from Brietphart is now famous for, to convince the "conned" that some how Congress has the ability to de-fund them. Okay maybe the "conned" have already been conned and the MSM need a way to hook on to the story to decieve the masses

Faux has betrayed the public trust by broadcasting from a single political perspective 24/7.
I can't help but notice that you lefties are refusing to acknowledge this:

NPR says it's 'imperative' that its federal funding not be cut
NPR said it's "imperative" that it receives federal funding in light of a recommended cuts by the leaders of President Obama's fiscal commission.

"Federal funding has been a central component of public radio stations’ ability to serve audiences across the country," NPR said in a statement. "It’s imperative for funding to continue to ensure that this essential tool of democracy survives and thrives well into the future."​

Some is pretentious and there is an element of elite intellectualism. But much much more is substantive and informative, thought provoking and entertaining. Serious issues are dealt with the detail and diversity of opinon needed to help one develop an informative opinon.
The programming is not "bullshit" as you seem to want others to believe; and if what you hear you consider bullshit, the hosts on NPR will always listen to your point of view, unlike other talk radio hosts who hang up and pretend the caller is still on the line while they deliver a lecture.

Yes, and an undeserved element of intellectualism. But, is it your contention that NPR is 100% self sustained?

You are one of the stupidest people on the internets.

Thanks for sharing. Though, I've only posted on one of the internets. Mr. Bush suggested there were others, but like WMD's he never found them.

Now this conversation is about WMD's, yet Wiki leaks reports there are WMD's. Surprising, not on NPR.

I cannot figure out a way to best respond to your replication. There is one internet, not two or more. Bush spoke of the "internets" and many laughed when he used the plural. So I suggested I too looked for another internet and didn't find one. Then I suggested Bush looked for WMD's and didn't find any. It was meant to be funny, but as is the case with many attempts at humor, it loses much when it needs further explanation.

Thanks for sharing. Though, I've only posted on one of the internets. Mr. Bush suggested there were others, but like WMD's he never found them.

Now this conversation is about WMD's, yet Wiki leaks reports there are WMD's. Surprising, not on NPR.

I cannot figure out a way to best respond to your replication. There is one internet, not two or more. Bush spoke of the "internets" and many laughed when he used the plural. So I suggested I too looked for another internet and didn't find one. Then I suggested Bush looked for WMD's and didn't find any. It was meant to be funny, but as is the case with many attempts at humor, it loses much when it needs further explanation.

Wait... you actually looked for a second Internet?

Yes, and an undeserved element of intellectualism. But, is it your contention that NPR is 100% self sustained?

No, I never stated that nor did I ever believe that. I posted a link to it's history and on that link one may read why the Congress established NPR in the 1920's and how it has evolved. Also, by linking to the different programs one may see where the funding originates.
Of course one must be curious and want to understand an issue before one pontificates and looks foolish. I'm sure even daveman agrees (joke, joke).

Forum List

Back