NPR editor resigns

NPR appeals to a demographic that doesn’t include single cell neanderthals. Not all media is welcomed in all burbs. I’m sure the Village Voice (RIP) and ProPublica have the same “problems” with their demographics. They attract well educated, curious, engaged, and thoughtful individuals. MAGA attracts knuckle draggers who don’t shave their knuckles and actively encourages you to close your mind to any information that you find discomforting
QED

Berliner added that he “cannot work in a newsroom where I am disparaged by a new CEO whose divisive views confirm the very problems at NPR I cite in my Free Press essay.”

It’s a post about a current event in the news if seeing this or things like it upset you social media might not be a good place for you.
Me upset?

Far from it.
I'm finding MAGAT whining about not enough DEI for MAGATS a truly hilarious event.

I'm mean it's almost like you guys have taken irony to levels never seen before.
1713383707249.gif

QED

Berliner added that he “cannot work in a newsroom where I am disparaged by a new CEO whose divisive views confirm the very problems at NPR I cite in my Free Press essay.”
He did the right thing. I don’t agree with his reasoning. I do think NPR has a listenership problem

He did the right thing. I don’t agree with his reasoning. I do think NPR has a listenership problem
What do you disagree with? His new CEO publicly trashed and suspended him - for telling the truth.

Me upset?

Far from it.
I'm finding MAGAT whining about not enough DEI for MAGATS a truly hilarious event.

I'm mean it's almost like you guys have taken irony to levels never seen before.
View attachment 933574
You seem upset that my OP had none of what you are claiming. The now former employee who wrote the article was not a Republican or MAGA he is a Democrat who voted against Trump in 2016 and 2020 the response to him from NPR confirmed everything he wrote. Intelligent reasonable thoughtful people at NPR would look at what he wrote and think maybe he has a point and we should take a look at how we report things but they did the exact opposite. Am I shocked by this no will I lose any sleep over it not a second. It simply showed again that todays liberals support every type of diversity except of diversity of thought which has been known for a good while now. I have made my point in a well thought out respectful way and have no more to say to you on the topic you can continue with your standard MAGA rants.

You will never see what you don’t want to see or look for he has cited there one sided coverage of Russia collusion, covid lab leak and Hunter Biden laptop for a few. You much like an NPR employee will reject this so I will not waste time continuing to respond to you.
Stop whining.

The crybaby quitter did not give one single example of bias in any reporting.

^^DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE ENGLISH SENTENCE^^

You seem upset that my OP had none of what you are claiming. The now former employee who wrote the article was not a Republican or MAGA he is a Democrat who voted against Trump in 2016 and 2020 the response to him from NPR confirmed everything he wrote. Intelligent reasonable thoughtful people at NPR would look at what he wrote and think maybe he has a point and we should take a look at how we report things but they did the exact opposite. Am I shocked by this no will I lose any sleep over it not a second. It simply showed again that todays liberals support every type of diversity except of diversity of thought which has been known for a good while now. I have made my point in a well thought out respectful way and have no more to say to you on the topic you can continue with your standard MAGA rants.
Sure he is.
Lots of MAGATS used to be DEMS.
Lots.

But you complaining about not enough DEI for MAGATS is truly hilarious.

Not any more. I did for decades

Yup

Okay...so the points he made about not having republicans on staff. To me that seems to be a big "so what".

What is wrong with being a democrat for one thing.

For another thing, just because you are a democrat it doesn't mean you cannot write an unbiased piece.

Additionally, given the recent divergent from fact based journalism on the right --indicated by the record payout from FOX, the multiple indictments of their "contributors", and the historic fast and loose nature of journalism in general, it shouldn't come as any surprise.

But lets assume that they did hire George Will. Would you be happy with that? Its doubtful. Why? Because any republican that tells the truth about the election, Trump being garbage, etc... is instantly a swamp creature.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
You can twist your tax payer knickers harder than that...

NPR operates independently of the U.S. government. And while federal money is important to the overall public media system, NPR gets less than 1% of its annual budget, on average, from federal sources.

And yet they get far more from local stations that pay "fees" to them, and THOSE local stations get most of their funds from government sources.

Okay...so the points he made about not having republicans on staff. To me that seems to be a big "so what".

What is wrong with being a democrat for one thing.

For another thing, just because you are a democrat it doesn't mean you cannot write an unbiased piece.

Additionally, given the recent divergent from fact based journalism on the right --indicated by the record payout from FOX, the multiple indictments of their "contributors", and the historic fast and loose nature of journalism in general, it shouldn't come as any surprise.

But lets assume that they did hire George Will. Would you be happy with that? Its doubtful. Why? Because any republican that tells the truth about the election, Trump being garbage, etc... is instantly a swamp creature.
Diversity of thought/opinion. I know progressives are obsessed with diversity of color, but more important is diversity of opinion/viewpoint/experience.

FYI - never liked George Will - a pretentious prick. Geeze -they fired Juan Williams for being too conservative.

Diversity of thought/opinion. I know progressives are obsessed with diversity of color, but more important is diversity of opinion/viewpoint/experience.
Fair point.
FYI - never liked George Will - a pretentious prick. Geeze -they fired Juan Williams for being too conservative.
This is what I mean...when Mr. Berliner decries that there needs to be republicans on the staff, it doesn’t move the needle toward solving the “problem” he says not having republicans creates.

I think the issue NPR has is not one of political leanings, it’s between engaged and not, caring and not, intelligent and not. As for the listenership, it’s between those who are what I refer to as “high minded” listeners they strive to appeal to and folks like myself who are middle class, happy to get a free Subway sandwich coupon in the mail.

Tell your congressman or woman to stop funding NPR they are a total fraud....

Fair point.

This is what I mean...when Mr. Berliner decries that there needs to be republicans on the staff, it doesn’t move the needle toward solving the “problem” he says not having republicans creates.

I think the issue NPR has is not one of political leanings
Because you share the political leanings of 100% of the staff there
, it’s between engaged and not, caring and not, intelligent and not. As for the listenership, it’s between those who are what I refer to as “high minded” listeners they strive to appeal to and folks like myself who are middle class, happy to get a free Subway sandwich coupon in the mail.
No offense but that is the very definition of condescending and pretentious - If you don't think the way I do, you are not engaged, you don't care and you're stupid. Go back and look at what you wrote.

Forum List

Back