NPR editor resigns

This was predictable and by no means surprising after NPR suspended the guy you knew he was either going to resign or be fired.
NPR editor Uri Berliner resigns after bombshell expose reveals network’s pervasive left-wing bias

reps v dems chicken axe.jpg

Nah. He knowingly spoke truth to power..and that always has a price tag. I'm sure he knew that going in.
Besides..now his career is going to explode~
I believe read there was a rule at NPR that if you were going to publish something in an outside outlet you had to run it by or get permission from the higher and he didn’t. So that would legally cover NPR for the suspension even though that’s not why they suspended him it’s because he said the quiet part out loud.

NPR appeals to a demographic that doesn’t include single cell neanderthals. Not all media is welcomed in all burbs. I’m sure the Village Voice (RIP) and ProPublica have the same “problems” with their demographics. They attract well educated, curious, engaged, and thoughtful individuals. MAGA attracts knuckle draggers who don’t shave their knuckles and actively encourages you to close your mind to any information that you find discomforting. This is why the blob can promise a “miracle” and the response from his base was, “yeah...so?” Sorry but that’s the truth.

NPR’S bigger problem is that it is becoming radio for the elite. While I’m mid-upper middle class I guess, I find myself more and more wondering what I’m listening to as they try to scratch every itch it seems. I still listen daily...without fail. Straightforward reporting, interesting interviews, dependable and comprehensive. But for the love of gawd....does Gaza have to the be the lead story every freaking hour?

I notice the crybaby forgot to give any examples from the reporting.
You will never see what you don’t want to see or look for he has cited there one sided coverage of Russia collusion, covid lab leak and Hunter Biden laptop for a few. You much like an NPR employee will reject this so I will not waste time continuing to respond to you.

NPR appeals to a demographic that doesn’t include single cell neanderthals. Not all media is welcomed in all burbs. I’m sure the Village Voice (RIP) and ProPublica have the same “problems” with their demographics. They attract well educated, curious, engaged, and thoughtful individuals. MAGA attracts knuckle draggers who don’t shave their knuckles and actively encourages you to close your mind to any information that you find discomforting. This is why the blob can promise a “miracle” and the response from his base was, “yeah...so?” Sorry but that’s the truth.

NPR’S bigger problem is that it is becoming radio for the elite. While I’m mid-upper middle class I guess, I find myself more and more wondering what I’m listening to as they try to scratch every itch it seems. I still listen daily...without fail. Straightforward reporting, interesting interviews, dependable and comprehensive. But for the love of gawd....does Gaza have to the be the lead story every freaking hour?

Was the Village voice funded by taxpayers?

Is ProPublica?

You are the echo chamber they are catering to. Baaaaaa.

This just about the stupidest and self-righteous posts I've seen on this site. It is often thus when some sleazeball pretends to be something everyone knows he could never be.

Being on first base with two outs and destined to remain so with Biden at the plate cannot be easy.

He dossed the company he worked for.

You get fired for that everywhere.

So only people on the left are allowed and encouraged to "speak truth to power"?

And government funded journalism isn't the same as other businesses, even other journalism businesses.

This just about the stupidest and self-righteous posts I've seen on this site. It is often thus when some sleazeball pretends to be something everyone knows he could never be.
You didn’t say it wasn’t true.

When was the last time that OANN or whatever MAGA outlet you sop up your news from told you something you didn’t want to hear?

Never.

I would ask you your point but you wouldn’t be honest.

The whole point is NPR is taxpayer funded, and evidently a left wing echo chamber.

If they want to do that, they should shut off the government spigot.

Forum List

Back