Decade the music died?

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The new music market is actually shrinking. All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

Just consider these facts: the 200 most popular tracks now account for less than 5% of total streams. It was twice that rate just three years ago. And the mix of songs actually purchased by consumers is even more tilted to older music—the current list of most downloaded tracks on iTunes is filled with the names of bands from the last century, such as Creedence Clearwater and The Police.
Sound about right? I know I cant name too many new songs. The ones I can are all country.

The new music market is actually shrinking. All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

Just consider these facts: the 200 most popular tracks now account for less than 5% of total streams. It was twice that rate just three years ago. And the mix of songs actually purchased by consumers is even more tilted to older music—the current list of most downloaded tracks on iTunes is filled with the names of bands from the last century, such as Creedence Clearwater and The Police.
Sound about right? I know I cant name too many new songs. The ones I can are all country.
My shit is all in the 90s. What a decade.

In my opinion there is always going to be good/great music.....but not as often as in past decades....those were the best decades in music....

A creative soul will always be ready to pop up, lol , now and then. :biggrin:

90% of the real music makers are dead now. The rest are older than dirt and next to be put on the obituary page.

All the other ones are just leeches and copy cats. Stealing someone elses style, sound, and looks.....because they have no clue how to make music or create something of their own.

There are a rare handful out there that have cut out their own market, but on the whole......it's nothing but fakers, posers, hosers, and copy cats.

The late 90s brought in Rap and music died.

Proof that music is almost dead...The anticipation of the Beatles Get Back made every other irrelevant for almost a year.

The late 90s brought in Rap and music died.

And grunge.

Ugh.

Just pure misery inducing noise. All that miserable noise really accomplished was to create a new generation of people who were completely happy to be whiny, complaining, neurotic, bitchy males in dirty flannel shirts and scruffy beards who hated everything, including their own lives.

Great music will last for ages.....think of Classical Music.....think of Jazz....and many other kind of music that is very present in today's world even after all that time.

Bad music dies quickly though.

And grunge.

Ugh.

Just pure misery inducing noise. All that miserable noise really accomplished was to create a new generation of people who were completely happy to be whiny, complaining, neurotic, bitchy males in dirty flannel shirts and scruffy beards who hated everything, including their own lives.
Never connected that era with what’s going on today. So true.

Forum List

Back