"Debris Field" found near the Titanic wreck site.

A comment from one of the media's stories:

So WHY EXACTLY British Super Deep sub was not allowed to participate in the rescue mission?!

And another commenting that the Titanic is very close to one of trans-Atlantic cables.

There is no doubt that they signed waivers before boarding this casket.
No doubt it was explained just what the risks were.
Not sure how it will hold up in a court of law.
All of them were very experienced in such dives and other similar risky adventures.

From what I have seen, the waivers had the word death three times on the first page. If there is no risk, there is no excitement.

Lawsuits were being discussed yesterday. To what end, I have no clue. All the people on board were multi-millionaires and experienced in this sort of endeavor.

I was hoping that the mini sub just imploded rather than being a 4 day torture chamber for these 5 people. Still too early to confirm, but that's the latest.

ccording to the morning news, the oxygen levels in the submersible are just about depleted. At that depth, with electric power is freezing as well.

The oxygen aboard the mini is just gone. According the news, the oxygen would have run out between 6:AM and 8:AM EST.

I hope that it did implode as well, death by oxygen starvation is ugly.

I just read an article stating that lawsuits might be hard to win since travelers knew the extreme risks and signed off on it.
I have a copy of the waiver they signed.

8445433_0.jpg

The News Conference has some sad news. They found the "talcum" of the submersible,Titan, and they think the people on board are dead. the speaker is really looking sad. :( One said the submersible was a catastrophic explosion 1600 feet from the Titanic remains. My heart goes out to the families of the men. Prayers up for what they must be going through.

The Titan submersible with 5 people on board went missing shortly after it set out Sunday morning to explore the Titanic wreck to a depth of 4 km in the North Atlantic.

Now for the best part:

- OceanGate's bathyscaphe, only 6.7 meters long and 2.5 meters wide, was made in a garage.
- There's no seating. Everyone sits on the floor and isn't even able to stretch out their legs.
- Thin walls of 13 cm thickness and glass is not designed for diving to a depth of 4 km.
- Not tested by specialized companies.
- The toilet is a box with a curtain. In the same latrine is a porthole - the only window on the ship. It is possible to look through it only if the toilet is not occupied.
- The bathyscaphe is controlled with a regular $30 Logitech F710 gamepad via Bluetooth and nothing else. The system itself controls the bathyscaph in the form of four hair dryers.
- The bathyscaphe has a highly questionable emergency surfacing system in the form of two bricks tied to the bottom.
- The system of stabilization of horizontal movement (wings) is absent.
- External wiring is sloppily made and hangs on the surface of the bathyscaphe.
- There is no exterior lighting. And the only source of light on board is wall lights.
- The ticket to this barrel of death cost $250,000.

By the way, OceanGate's founder said the company didn't want to hire experienced "50-year-old men" because their approach wasn't "creative." One of the engineers said the barrel was life-threatening, which got him fired

Just think about it: billionaires voluntarily climbed into a shit-and-stick barrel of death under tremendous pressure for a ghostly chance to look at the wreck of the Titanic through murky water, through a tiny window, hovering their heads above the toilet bowl.

He is now explaining that since the search started there was no evidence of the sound of the catastrophic implosion. I wonder if that means it happened on their first day descending down to the Titanic?

All of them were very experienced in such dives and other similar risky adventures.

From what I have seen, the waivers had the word death three times on the first page. If there is no risk, there is no excitement.

Lawsuits were being discussed yesterday. To what end, I have no clue. All the people on board were multi-millionaires and experienced in this sort of endeavor.

i dont think the 19 yr fits that description

I am still betting on an implosion being the end of the sub. It is much easier to think about than the nightmare of just dying slowly.

At that depth, if it imploded the passengers would never know what hit them.

I agree. Being trapped inside a small space like that with multiple people for days is the stuff nightmares are made of. Additionally, nobody is considering the fact there is also no toilet.....

Forum List

Back