Dean Koontz...a great author....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am reading the Jane Hawk novels.............and if you are a conservative, who is tired of left wing crap sucker punching you in your entertainment.....you might want to take a look......Koontz is not a lefty....you can see it in his writing. In fact......Sheriff Clarke seems to be one of the characters in the second book in the series....

Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.-Koontz

My wifes buys everything he has published but I have never read his stuff I am just not into fiction very much because most of it is redundant.

I am reading the Jane Hawk novels.............and if you are a conservative, who is tired of left wing crap sucker punching you in your entertainment.....you might want to take a look......Koontz is not a lefty....you can see it in his writing. In fact......Sheriff Clarke seems to be one of the characters in the second book in the series....

Koontz is pretty good at trying to be like Steven King.

Koontz can write a book that doesn't take 1000 words to describe tying your shoes...

Koontz can write a book that doesn't take 1000 words to describe tying your shoes...

Koontz isn't able to make tying his shoes interesting.

Koontz isn't able to make tying his shoes interesting.

Neither is King.......after his original books....The Stand, Salem's Lot, Fire Starter, Cujo..... adding more words does not make a book good....

Sorry words are hard for you :itsok:

Servants Of Twilight . . . one of my favorites. Finding the movie adaptation these days ain't so easy. I stopped reading Koontz around 1999, and then returned to his work after seeing the Odd Thomas movie. Another couple of my favorite Koontz novels: Phantoms and Strange Highways.

Servants Of Twilight . . . one of my favorites. Finding the movie adaptation these days ain't so easy. I stopped reading Koontz around 1999, and then returned to his work after seeing the Odd Thomas movie. Another couple of my favorite Koontz novels: Phantoms and Strange Highways.

Yes...the first book that I read......the other book that stayed with me was Watchers.....that last scene in the barn.....I think about that scene......the way Koontz dealt with the Other.......

Koontz is my preference over King....King just takes too long to get to the point sometimes....

I've always been a Stephen King fan, but that is a pretty good way to describe his books. :lol:

Koontz is my preference over King....King just takes too long to get to the point sometimes....

I enjoy them both for the different literary flavors of their unique voices.

Forum List

Back